Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31992 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#24034 Apr 23, 2013
concerned in Egypt wrote:
To all following this thread
I was just wondering are we to believe that the LDS in this thread believe that when they watch Golf on TV or hear about Golf on TV and and the commentator says he sliced the golf ball are we to believe LDS in this thread actually believe the Golfer pulled out a sharp tool and cut in half the ball like when someone slices a Turkey????
I was wondering when the Weatherman says it rained Cats and Dogs yesterday are we to believe the LDS really believe there are dead dogs and cats decomposing on the streets as they just fell to their deaths from Clouds 30000 feet in the Air???
I was wondering when God Says "And against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment" do you really believe that the LDS believe God is going to execute judgement on real creatures that have bodies of Men and a head of a Falcon whose name is Hort, or with a cat head named bastet or a jackals head named Anubus???
No only an insane person would believe the above.
So it begs the Question are the LDS in this thread really that dumb and or insane or is their i real motive to try and sabotage this thread by filling it with nonsense.
Either way they are Evil because they try to suppress the Truth.
While there are honest Mormons that have come here with honest answers, No Surprise and Carol(Mouse), clearly are trying to muddy the waters with nonsense.

Marysville, CA

#24035 Apr 23, 2013
Now, to address some more of No Surprises ignorance:
No Surprise wrote:
I deny that we were all born in the pre-existence (Journal of Discourses, vol. 4, p. 218; Articles of Faith, p. 174).
From the Bible you deny...
Other Translations of Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the bellie, I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the wombe, I sanctified thee, and I ordeined thee a Prophet vnto the nations.
- King James Version (1611)- Compare to scan of original Jeremiah chapter 1
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."
- New American Standard Version (1995)
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee; I have appointed thee a prophet unto the nations.
- American Standard Version (1901)
Before you were formed in the body of your mother I had knowledge of you, and before your birth I made you holy; I have given you the work of being a prophet to the nations.
- Basic English Bible
God clearly lives through time the way we live through 3 dimensions. That is how he can see how it all ends so clearly. The fact he saw the life of Jeremiah and how it comes out doesn't mean he pre-existed.
I deny that Satan is my spirit brother (Mormon Doctrine, p. 163).
Than you deny the Bible and that God created all things, living and nonliving. You call God a liar because he created EVERYTHING including satan. Satan is a spirit. You are a spirit. God is the Father of you and Satan. You accepted God and Satan rejected God. But Satan is your spiritual brother nonetheless.
Genesis 1:1:“In the beginning God (Hebrew,“Elohiym” pleural, literally “Gods”) created the Heavens and the Earth.”
John 1:1-4:“In the beginning was the Word (Jesus Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.”
Why are you comparing creation to relation? Are the rocks our brothers and sisters also? Again, how can someone so intentionally get it so wrong? Why isn't there a verse you won't mistranslate to save the foul and false teachings of Mormonism?
I deny that I have the potential of becoming a god (Articles of Faith, p. 424).
You deny the Bible and God...
Psalm 82:6 I said,“You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you;
John 10:34 Jesus answered them,“Is it not written in your Law, I said, you are gods’?
I deny that good works are necessary for salvation (Articles of Faith, p. 81, 92).
You deny the Bible and God..
John 14:12
New International Version (©2011)
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
New Living Translation (©2007)
"I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.
So the Mormon God was lying when he said:

Isaiah 43:10
“You are My witnesses,” declares the Lord,“And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me.

Yes, Mormonism is true, as long as you ignore all verses that prove it wrong.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#24036 Apr 23, 2013
From "concerned in Egypt"...
If you are seeking truth about Christianity as I and Dana represent it with lies and filthy dark ways of speaking with sexually explicit statements we believe God approves of us saying, then keep reading.
If you want access to verifiable footnoted sources that you can verify yourself about Lies of Modern day Christianity.
Then these sites below are for you as all document their assertions even with EVIDENCE Biblical Historical and all are verifiable.
Because the Truth Matters not as far as Dana and I am concerned. Our definition of truth is what matters.
As vial name callers solely here posting on this thread with the direct intent to clutter the pages of this thread so real honest debate cannot take place. Just read our past posts if you doubt that we call vile names and say some really dark filthy godless thoughts to others. It's down for one and all to read what we have stated to hopefully harm and injure other peoples minds and emotions.

http://trevorburrus.newsvine.com/_news/2008/0...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

http://countermissionary.org/articles/xwrong....

http://www.aspiesforfreedom.com/showthread.ph...

http://www.youtube.com/playlist...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24037 Apr 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
While there are honest Mormons that have come here with honest answers, No Surprise and Carol(Mouse), clearly are trying to muddy the waters with nonsense.
lol...you're an example of someone that knows honesty? Pleaseee...
You claimed nothing in the BOM had been found to be true of being here in America. Your bad. Even if you dodge the fact that mayans and Aztecs carved likenesses of modern elephant heads on their temples.
You claim Smith had sex with his wives. And all the time because you say he's a sexual pervert. That he did his wives everyday for three solid years, young and old cause he thought with his dipstick, not his mind. Your bad. 33 plus wives having all that sex for three solid years and not a single child you can produce came to be. That really makes for a lot of proof according to you that all the rumours you claim are like God's own very truth don't seem to exist for you. Your bad again.
You claimed the court testimonies of two women were facts and solid proof beyond a doubt that Smith had sex with his wives because YOU CLAIMED they were EYE WITNESSES. Your bad. You didn't even read their court recorded transcripts. You didn't know one of your star witnesses admitted lying in court FOUR TIMES concerning Smith having sex. Your star witness YOU CLAIMED told the truth and nothing but the truth actually COMMITTED PERJURY IN COURT. YOUR BAD. Your second star witness (you claimed saw Smith have sex) having seen what happened to the other wife under a lawyer's scrutiny did what? SHE LITERALLY TOOK THE FIFTH AND REFUSED TO ANSWER QUESTIONS concerning her earlier allegations Smith had sex. She shut down and refused to answer questions. your bad.
I could go on and bring up other things YOU CLAIMED were honest truth that wasn't. I can show where you outright lied just to have something negative to say about Mormons.
And you want to accuse others of muddying the waters? lol...quite funny and quite sad....

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24038 Apr 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
God clearly lives through time the way we live through 3 dimensions. That is how he can see how it all ends so clearly. The fact he saw the life of Jeremiah and how it comes out doesn't mean he pre-existed.
Maybe you should read these translations again. You're addressing your opinion. You're not addressing what the writers said concerning this event which strongly implies a spiritual preexistence egypt ignorantly denies.
Other Translations of Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the bellie, I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the wombe, I sanctified thee, and I ordeined thee a Prophet vnto the nations.
- King James Version (1611)- Compare to scan of original Jeremiah chapter 1
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."
- New American Standard Version (1995)
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee; I have appointed thee a prophet unto the nations.
- American Standard Version (1901)
Before you were formed in the body of your mother I had knowledge of you, and before your birth I made you holy; I have given you the work of being a prophet to the nations.
- Basic English Bible

God stated, not I or you or egypt that prior to Jeremiah being a living soul that God said he sanctified thee(Jeremiah); I have appointed thee (Jeremiah)a prophet before Jeremiah was born from the womb and before he was even concepted by his physical mother and father.
God stated he knew Jeremiah, he sanctified Jeremiah and appointed Jeremiah a prophet before he was in his mom's belly.
How you wish to twist this is that God knew a thought. He gave the thought a name and called the thought Jeremiah. God than in self talk to a thought said he was sanctifying the thought and appointing the thought to be a prophet and did all this before the thought became what we call 'reality'.
Those that believe in just what the Bible teaches, like you and egypt, you are naturally forbidden by the Bible to believe in a pre existence because the Bible doesn't explicitly state there was one.
So your disbelief is understood as a book tells you what not to believe in.
By the way, this three dimension thing, you're a liar by your own admittance AGAIN. The Bible speaks not a single solitary thing about three dimensions. So as you accuse others, you're a liar, deceived, brainwashed and filled with false evil thoughts for believing what the Bible clearly doesn't teach...three dimensions...lol...clearly self deluded...you better stick to the Bible dude.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24039 Apr 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Why are you comparing creation to relation? Are the rocks our brothers and sisters also?
And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

John 1:3 - Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.(NIV)

Colossians 1:16-17 - For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible(INVISIBLE), whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.(NIV)

Nehemiah 9:6 - You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens(EVEN THE HIGHEST HEAVENS), and all their starry host(AND ALL THEIR STARRY HOST), the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you(AND THE MULTITUDES OF HEAVEN WORSHIP YOU).(NIV)

Why don't you use your Bible and define the differences between rocks that could cry and an earth that would rent itself in sorrow and anguish etc...why don't you form an opinion to explain the following statements from God hmm?

Psalm 96:10-13 ...Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it; let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy; they will sing before the LORD, for he comes, he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness ....(note the above is all about how the earth and living things(non-humans) will respond to God as humans can) and then he makes a statement last about humans) and the peoples in his truth.(NIV)

Isaiah 43:20-21 - The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland,(do note the foregoing speaks of how animals, not humans will react to God)to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.(NIV)

And if you doubt the existence of intelligent beasts, why don't you read again about the beasts that guard the ark of the covenant. You're over your head once more because you haven't read enough.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#24040 Apr 23, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.
John 1:3 - Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.(NIV)
Colossians 1:16-17 - For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible(INVISIBLE), whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.(NIV)
Nehemiah 9:6 - You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens(EVEN THE HIGHEST HEAVENS), and all their starry host(AND ALL THEIR STARRY HOST), the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you(AND THE MULTITUDES OF HEAVEN WORSHIP YOU).(NIV)
Why don't you use your Bible and define the differences between rocks that could cry and an earth that would rent itself in sorrow and anguish etc...why don't you form an opinion to explain the following statements from God hmm?
Psalm 96:10-13 ...Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it; let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy; they will sing before the LORD, for he comes, he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness ....(note the above is all about how the earth and living things(non-humans) will respond to God as humans can) and then he makes a statement last about humans) and the peoples in his truth.(NIV)
Isaiah 43:20-21 - The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland,(do note the foregoing speaks of how animals, not humans will react to God)to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.(NIV)
And if you doubt the existence of intelligent beasts, why don't you read again about the beasts that guard the ark of the covenant. You're over your head once more because you haven't read enough.
100% oh crap they know what I am upto panic posting!

Marysville, CA

#24041 Apr 23, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
From "concerned in Egypt"...
If you are seeking truth about Christianity as I and Dana represent it with lies and filthy dark ways of speaking with sexually explicit statements we believe God approves of us saying, then keep reading.
If you want access to verifiable footnoted sources that you can verify yourself about Lies of Modern day Christianity.
Then these sites below are for you as all document their assertions even with EVIDENCE Biblical Historical and all are verifiable.
Because the Truth Matters not as far as Dana and I am concerned. Our definition of truth is what matters.
As vial name callers solely here posting on this thread with the direct intent to clutter the pages of this thread so real honest debate cannot take place. Just read our past posts if you doubt that we call vile names and say some really dark filthy godless thoughts to others. It's down for one and all to read what we have stated to hopefully harm and injure other peoples minds and emotions.
http://trevorburrus.newsvine.com/_news/2008/0...
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
http://countermissionary.org/articles/xwrong....
http://www.aspiesforfreedom.com/showthread.ph...
http://www.youtube.com/playlist...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PBkbcuyI2vYXX
Using those links for evidence, I can see why you can't get it right. By the way, if Christianity is wrong, that makes Mormonism even more so. LOL!!!
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#24042 Apr 23, 2013
Mormonism Christian?
A Comparison of Mormonism and Historic Christianity
Copyright © 2012 Institute for Religious Research

5. Was the fall of Adam and Eve a great blessing?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that the disobedience of our first parents Adam and Eve was a great evil. Through their fall, sin entered the world, bringing all human beings under condemnation and death. Thus we are born with a sinful nature, and will be judged for the sins we commit as individuals.(Ezekiel 18:1-20; Romans 5:12-21).

By contrast, the LDS Church teaches that Adam’s sin was “a necessary step in the plan of life and a great blessing to all of us”(Book of Mormon—2 Nephi 2:14-26; Book of Moses 5:10-12; Preparing for Exaltation: Teacher’s Manual [1998], 13-14; Gospel Principles [2009], 29).

http://mit.irr.org/mormonism-christian-2
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#24043 Apr 23, 2013
Mormonism Christian?

6. Can we make ourselves worthy of God’s forgiveness?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that the forgiveness of our sins and eternal life in God’s presence is a free gift of God on the basis of Jesus Christ’s sacrificial death on the cross (John 3:16; Romans 3:21-26; 5:6-11; 6:23; Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:14; Titus 3:4-7; Hebrews 10:12, 19; 1 John 1:9). We cannot earn or be worthy of God’s forgiveness, but must receive this gift by acknowledging our helpless, sinful state and trusting solely in Christ (Luke 24:47; John 11:25-26; Acts 2:38; 16:31; Romans 10:9-13). Those who trust in God’s grace in Christ alone for their salvation will show their faith by their good works, but those works in no sense save them (Romans 6:1-4; Ephesians 2:8-10; James 2:14-26).

By contrast, Mormonism teaches that a person must become worthy in order to obtain forgiveness of sins and eternal life in the presence of God the Father through obedience to all the commands of the LDS Church, including exclusive Mormon temple rituals. Good works and ritual ordinances are requirements for this full, individual salvation, and Christ’s atonement makes up what is lacking in a Mormon’s best efforts (Book of Mormon—2 Nephi 25:23; Articles of Faith 3; Gospel Principles [2009], 62-65, 109-112, 277-78).

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24044 Apr 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
The fact he saw the life of Jeremiah and how it comes out doesn't mean he pre-existed.
Those that wish not to believe in a pre existence have to define the following verses as to when THEY TOOK PLACE AS TO BEING CREATED to justify their opinion that a pre existence didn't exist.

Colossians 1:16-17 - For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.(NIV)

Nehemiah 9:6 - You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.(NIV)

Now according to the first seven days of God's creations in Genesis, any and everything to be created was created in that seven day period.
According to the time period of that story, nothing was created before the first day and nothing was created after the seventh day. That's the logic of the storyteller of Genesis. EVERYTHING, GET THAT WORD, EVERYTHING existed by creation in a seven day period.
But that creates a problem of sorts to explain how if everything was created in those seven days, how are living things on this planet still being created AFTER THAT SEVEN DAY PERIOD? According to that story something isn't kosher.
Either EVERYTHING was created in that seven day period including us as humans or it's a lie. See, if according to Christian logic everything was created in that seven day period, than the seventh day hasn't ended because God is still creating living souls on this earth.
That's one of your Christian contradictions if you don't believe in a pre existence that the beliefs creates. Understand? You can't have it two ways according to Christians understanding. Either there was a pre existence and everything was created spiritually before it's given a physical creation or, there is no pre existence and everything is still being created in the seven day period that hasn't yet ended.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#24045 Apr 23, 2013
Mormonism Christian?

7. Does the atonement assure immortality for those who reject Christ?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that Christ’s atoning death on the cross provides the complete solution for humankind’s sin problem, but that those who reject God’s grace in this life will have no part in this salvation but are under God’s judgment for eternity (John 3:18, 36; Hebrews 9:27; 10:26-27; 1 John 5:11-12).

By contrast, Mormonism teaches that the atonement assures resurrection and immortality to all people, including those who reject Christ in this life. While only faithful Mormons and those who accept the Mormon gospel in the afterlife can live in God the Father’s presence, practically everyone else will be given immortality in a heavenly kingdom of lesser glory, even those who rejected Christ in this life (Doctrine & Covenants 76; 88:16-33; Gospel Principles, 61-62, 242-44, 271-73).

8. Are there scriptures more reliable than the Bible?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that the Scriptures that preserve the words of the ancient prophets and apostles and of Jesus Christ himself (contained in the Bible) are the unique, final, and infallible Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 1:1-2; 1 Peter 1:23-25; 2 Peter 1:20-21; 3:15-16). God’s providential preservation of the text of the Bible was marvelously illustrated in the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

By contrast, the LDS Church teaches that the Bible has been corrupted, is missing many “plain and precious parts,” and does not contain the fullness of the gospel (Book of Mormon—1 Nephi 13:26-29; Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith [2007], 206; Gospel Principles [2009], 45-48). It also claims that the Book of Mormon is more accurate and reliable than the Bible (Articles of Faith 8; Book of Mormon Teacher Resource Manual [2004], 20).

concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#24046 Apr 23, 2013
Mormonism Christian?

9. Is the LDS Church the only true church?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that the true church was divinely established by Jesus and could never and will never disappear from the earth (Matthew 16:18; 18:15-18; 28:18-20; John 15:16; 17:11; Ephesians 3:21; Jude 3). Christians acknowledge that there have been times of corruption and apostasy within the church, but believe there has always been a remnant that held fast to the biblical essentials.

By contrast, the LDS Church claims to be the only true church on earth and that all other churches are part of a great apostasy that prevailed throughout church history until Joseph Smith. It teaches that only Mormons are authorized to preach the gospel or to perform baptisms and other ordinances (Doctrine & Covenants 1:29-30; Articles of Faith 4-5; Joseph Smith—History 1:18-19; Gospel Principles, 67, 92).

10. Can humans become gods just like their Heavenly Father?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that God is an absolutely unique being, existing from eternity to eternity as God (Psalm 90:2; 102:25-27; Isaiah 40:18, 25; 43:10). Redeemed human beings, though they will become perfected creatures bearing God’s image and like Christ in moral and physical perfection, will not become gods or beings of the same transcendent, divine nature as the Father, Jesus the Son, or the Holy Spirit (Matthew 5:44-48; Romans 8:14-29; 2 Corinthians 3:18; 5:17-21; Philippians 3:7-21; 2 Peter 1:3-7).

By contrast, the LDS Church teaches that faithful Mormons who fulfill all of their spiritual, moral, and ritual obligations can eventually attain the status of gods, beings of the same essential nature as God the Father ruling over their own worlds.“As man now is, God once was: As God now is, man may be”(Lorenzo Snow, in Presidents of the Church: Student Manual [2004], 88, 90; Gospel Fundamentals [2001], 201; Gospel Principles [2009], 275-79; Teachings of Presidents of the Church: George Albert Smith [2011], 71).

concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#24047 Apr 23, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Those that wish not to believe in a pre existence have to define the following verses as to when THEY TOOK PLACE AS TO BEING CREATED to justify their opinion that a pre existence didn't exist.
..........Yeeks.
If you are seeking truth about the LDS, the Mormon Sect then keep reading.
If you want access to verifiable footnoted sources that you can verify yourself
Then these sites below are for you as all document their assertions with EVIDENCE Biblical Historical and all are verifiable.
Because the Truth Matters not vial name callers who are solely here posting on this thread with the direct intent to clutter the pages of this thread so real honest debate cannot take place.

http://mit.irr.org/category/mormonism-and-chr...
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
http://www.leaderu.com/offices/michaeldavis/d...
http://www.mrm.org/
http://www.wivesofjosephsmith.org/
http://www.utlm.org/
http://irr.org/
http://carm.org/
http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm/search/colle...
http://www.spotlightministries.org.uk/index.h...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24048 Apr 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
“You are My witnesses,” declares the Lord,“And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me.
Yes, Mormonism is true, as long as you ignore all verses that prove it wrong.
Egypt denied the existence of other gods existing with God the Father and Jesus Christ. He said nothing of gods existing before God existed. You implied that.
God (Jesus) stated no other god was formed before him because...wait for it...because...he was the only god according to you that created himself from nothing to something. So of course by your logic no God could be formed before Jesus because according to you, nothing existed including God until he created himself. That is your logic.
But AFTER God created himself and than everything else, God stated that gods did in fact exist that went beyond the imagination of human being minds so you stand wrong that gods were a figment of humans thought. God did state...

Exodus 12:12
And against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment.
AGAINST ALL THE GODS OF EGYPT GOD WILL EXECUTE HIS JUDGEMENT. If gods didn't exist as you claim, than it is unreasonable that God would claim a need to execute his judgement AGAINST THOSE GODS if they don't exist as you claim. Get your erroneous logic yet?
Exodus 15:11
Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods?
Moses is acknowledging gods exist that humans compare God to.
Exodus 18:11
Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods.
God can't be greater than something that doesn't exist and is a figment of the human imagination. That is your logic. That Moses needed to be told by God that God is greater than non existent gods. Seems God would have told Moses the gods of humans aren't real and are made up things of the mind and nothing more is to be worried about. But that wasn't stated.
He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.(v.20)
Ever wondered how according to your logic, God could have what you call a really totally melt down when humans worshipped non existent gods of their imaginations? I don't ever remember God having such a melt down over his people having pretend non-real sex in their minds with others through fantasies. Pretend gods the figment of human minds caused sacrifice and service to them and God has a hissy fit. Humans have pretend fantasy thoughts of sex and in becoming aroused masturbate and go find someone to shag and God never had as bad of a melt down. Wonder why he's so partial to one of the two pretend scenarios according to your logic.
Exodus 23:13-32
Make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth.(v.13)
Once again a melt down by God over humans naming non existent gods. How by your logic can a God have such a melt down over humans doing something from the perspective of what doesn't exist to your logic? Seems according to your logic God is overreacting just a wee bit to figments of the human imagination.
Care to explain it further?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24049 Apr 23, 2013
From "concerned in Egypt"
To all following this thread
I was just wondering are we to believe that the Christians in this thread believe that when they watch Golf on TV or hear about Golf on TV and and the commentator says he sliced the golf ball are we to believe Christians in this thread actually believe the Golfer pulled out a sharp tool and cut in half the ball like when someone slices a Turkey????
I was wondering when the Weatherman says it rained Cats and Dogs yesterday are we to believe the Christians really believe there are dead dogs and cats decomposing on the streets as they just fell to their deaths from Clouds 30000 feet in the Air???
I was wondering when God Says "And against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment" do you really believe that the Christians believe God is going to execute judgement on creatures that are figments of Christian minds that have bodies of Men and a head of a Falcon whose name is Hort, or with a cat head named bastet or a jackals head named Anubus???
No only an insane Christian person would believe the above.
So it begs the Question are the Christians in this thread really that dumb and or insane or is their i real motive to try and sabotage this thread by filling it with nonsense.
Either way they are Evil because they try to suppress the Truth.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24050 Apr 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Using those links for evidence, I can see why you can't get it right. By the way, if Christianity is wrong, that makes Mormonism even more so. LOL!!!
lolol...you really went and looked them over? lolol........
PS...the above is my same response for anyone reading anti-Mormon links for info instead of doing the study from Mormon sources to make up one's own intelligent deductions. It's obvious we have many idiots that can't read for themselves so they depend on what other's opinions are and without thoroughly reading that info, idiots like you and egypt bow down to these anti-Mormon sources as god of true and factual information blessed by God to exist in all their lies, twists and exaggerations. But you go dude :)

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#24051 Apr 23, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lolol...you really went and looked them over? lolol........
PS...the above is my same response for anyone reading anti-Mormon links for info instead of doing the study from Mormon sources to make up one's own intelligent deductions. It's obvious we have many idiots that can't read for themselves so they depend on what other's opinions are and without thoroughly reading that info, idiots like you and egypt bow down to these anti-Mormon sources as god of true and factual information blessed by God to exist in all their lies, twists and exaggerations. But you go dude :)
lol

That's how they roll.

Here are a bunch of anti-Mormon links. Mormonism is wrong and they copy paste.

They don't share their personal opinion, or evidence they found out about then supply the link. They are babbling idiots, rather an abysmal waste of space.:)
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#24052 Apr 23, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
That's how they roll.
Here are a bunch of anti-Mormon links. Mormonism is wrong and they copy paste.
They don't share their personal opinion, or evidence they found out about then supply the link. They are babbling idiots, rather an abysmal waste of space.:)
If you are seeking truth about the LDS, the Mormon Sect then keep reading.
If you want access to verifiable footnoted sources that you can verify yourself
Then these sites below are for you as all document their assertions with EVIDENCE Biblical Historical and all are verifiable.
Because the Truth Matters not vial name callers who are solely here posting on this thread with the direct intent to clutter the pages of this thread so real honest debate cannot take place.

http://mit.irr.org/category/mormonism-and-chr...
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
http://www.leaderu.com/offices/michaeldavis/d...
http://www.mrm.org/
http://www.wivesofjosephsmith.org/
http://www.utlm.org/
http://irr.org/
http://carm.org/
http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm/search/colle...
http://www.spotlightministries.org.uk/index.h...

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#24053 Apr 23, 2013
Those links Egypt calls EVIDENCE
...are nothing more than someone's opinion.

He is as a child playing cat and mouse games.
It's funny as long as he's the cat toying with the mouse.

Truth DOES NOT matter to him.
The only thing that matters is he find someone to argue with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ed Puckett 5 hr Iknow2 11
Mask Off, Ted Cruz Funded by Biggest DC Insiders Mon Vote For Trump 6
Stop the Illegal Alien Pope Train Mon Vote For Trump 27
trump dont like woman Apr 27 Honestly 16
why will no one help!!!!!! Apr 27 tongangodz 3
News Stockton's new police chief was 'chosen wisely'... Apr 25 Top Cop 4
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... Apr 16 jsmetzgerin 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages