Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
21,501 - 21,520 of 32,001 Comments Last updated Friday Jul 25

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Now...

when are you gonna start accusing people of sleeping with animals again?

when are you gonna start running your vile disgusting mouth again?

>but, what I want to know is

WHEN ARE YOU GONNA STOP LYING?

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

sportxmouse wrote:
I see what you and your groupie is doing, so do others.
Dana?? You have groupies???? Wow, must be nice :-P
Father overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only insane if your morals are ambivalent, which you have shown that yours are.
Discrimination is as wrong as murder or rape, I don't care how you want to justify it.
Now you have lost all reason.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Dana?? You have groupies???? Wow, must be nice :-P
My name is not Dana. Why are you responding to me if you are talking to him.

And, yes you are one of his groupies. You are not committed to doing your Duty when it is concerning Christ and his standards.

Do we really need to go there? Because I will expose you again if necessary.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Father overtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you have lost all reason.
He never really had reasoning, he's full of lies and deception.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only insane if your morals are ambivalent, which you have shown that yours are.
Discrimination is as wrong as murder or rape, I don't care how you want to justify it.
Than which do you want for a prison sentence? Death by lethal injection or a life sentence? You discriminate against Mormons and their right to freedom of religious belief EVERY SINGLE DAY YOUR IN HERE. So what now oh master of hypocrisy? You're one of the worst discriminators of discrimination happening as is nomo.
Since you have branded your and her's discrimination acts with murder, why don't you two subject yourselves to a Utah firing squad? Maybe you two should meet and hang yourselves by the neck from tree limbs somewhere since you brand your practice of discrimination as such heinous acts? Hmmm? And remember in your reply you did state..."Discrimination is as wrong as murder or rape, I don't care how you want to justify it." Since you won't be able to punish others, you should set the example and hang yourself first for your murderous offense.
Father overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Dana doesn't see her hating on Mormons as discrimination. She sees it as a twisted form of supporting her god that has a scitsofrenia disorder.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Certain acts from one century to the next are wrong and have been. Murder, rape, robbery, theft for example.
But you want to sit on some high horse and judge the every day 'non-criminal' moral values people had here in just America for the past three centuries. You can't do it! Their ways were not our ways! Do you understand that? Can you comprehend that? It seems you're having a problem understanding the simplicity that our way of thinking in 2013 didn't exist in 1960 or 1930 or 1900 or 1850 or 1800. Are you stuck on stupid? Where do you think you have some god given right to judge the morals of dead people that never ever even came close to thinking as we do?
The moral view of interracial marriages had long been frowned on and still is to this day and it has not a fricking thing to do with discrimination. Especially when the law affords people the right to have interracial marriages.
You need to learn the difference from having an opinion and, trying to force others not to do what they're trying to do or succeed at.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're trying to limit God, tell him what he can and cannot do. Your inability not to be able to understand him doesn't make him false.
I'm trying to limit God and his capacity? Really? Hmmm, I think not.
I have a belief in a God that the Bible speaks of. It speaks of three beings with unlimited power so far as I see it. They all speak to each other, they interact with each other and they have demonstrated they are all three separate beings that like us, have the power to stop being what they are if they so wished to make such a choice. And each being has demonstrated they do things the other doesn't do.
You have a belief in a single god that has three personalities. You claim they are all one and the same. Yet the Bible states one is more powerful than the other two. One doesn't seem to have a specific form and the other two do. Two have a ongoing father son relationship. One prays to the other all the time. One has cried out to the other in need a few times. You claim none have revealed anything new to us for 2000 years. You have claimed they don't use prophets and apostles any more. You claim they have nothing new to say to us in our generation that might be different than what they said 2000 years ago.
You place limitations on your god all the time of what it can do and what you say it won't do. And than you don't have the wisdom to see you do what you claim I do that I don't do?
My God can talk to prophets and apostles if he wishes to. He can bring forth more written material about his son Jesus the Christ if he wants to. He can establish his church on this earth if he wishes to as he established it 2000 years ago.
I don't limit my God.
But you limit your god every time you say something about him.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
One has no connection to the other. You are just being intentionally ignorant, the problem is yours.
It does have a connection and you're being purposefully ignorant to feel self justified in your criminal discrimination against Mormon temple marriages.
If Mormon temple marriages were preformed in a building outside the temple built just for civil marriages prior to going into the temple to have their rites and rituals preformed, you wouldn't say a fricking thing. And you would continue on to not say a word about elopement marriages that purposefully exclude family from attending. You wouldn't give a rats *ss that elopement marriages kept family from attending marriages.
But because it's a Mormon thing and it does EXACTLY THE SAME THING THAT ELOPEMENT MARRIAGES DO, THE EXCLUSION OF FAMILIES, you criminally discriminate against Mormons doing this family exclusion but as a justified hypocrite you won't say a word against those practising elopement marriages that in your view also criminally discriminate against family from coming.
You are your own definition, a criminal hypocrite, now go hang yourself for your murderous offense and set an example of your own statement.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care how many realtors you know, purposing a person move from one ward boundary to another just to change wards is stupid.
lol...you're the one that brought it up that it isn't a simple thing to do, don't you remember?
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm trying to limit God and his capacity? Really? Hmmm, I think not.
I have a belief in a God that the Bible speaks of. It speaks of three beings with unlimited power so far as I see it. They all speak to each other, they interact with each other and they have demonstrated they are all three separate beings that like us, have the power to stop being what they are if they so wished to make such a choice. And each being has demonstrated they do things the other doesn't do.
You have a belief in a single god that has three personalities. You claim they are all one and the same. Yet the Bible states one is more powerful than the other two. One doesn't seem to have a specific form and the other two do. Two have a ongoing father son relationship. One prays to the other all the time. One has cried out to the other in need a few times. You claim none have revealed anything new to us for 2000 years. You have claimed they don't use prophets and apostles any more. You claim they have nothing new to say to us in our generation that might be different than what they said 2000 years ago.
You place limitations on your god all the time of what it can do and what you say it won't do. And than you don't have the wisdom to see you do what you claim I do that I don't do?
My God can talk to prophets and apostles if he wishes to. He can bring forth more written material about his son Jesus the Christ if he wants to. He can establish his church on this earth if he wishes to as he established it 2000 years ago.
I don't limit my God.
But you limit your god every time you say something about him.
Can God change the past?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact you think a person claiming Jesus is the same color as they are vs. claiming a skin color is a curse is equal, is just sad.
The meaning is the same, that is correct. You're not understanding that fact as usual as you have a problem with actual facts.
The opinion that a curse begot a different skin colour than what existed can be said is a discriminatory/racial/bigoted remark.
In like kind...
The opinion of a black person believing God is black and thus prefers black skin over other skin colours can be said is a discriminatory/racial/bigoted remark.
So even though Mormon doctrine teaches two different skin cursings, you can't actually find any Mormon doctrine that specifies God is a European Caucasian.
But you can find a black Jesus in black Christian churches and a American Native Jesus in American Native Christian churches and a white European Jesus in many white Christian churches.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Father overtime wrote:
Dana doesn't see her hating on Mormons as discrimination. She sees it as a twisted form of supporting her god that has a scitsofrenia disorder.
Is "hating on the Klan" discrimination?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Can God change the past?
Yes. But I am sure it's something he even wouldn't want to meddel with since we're as far as we are in his purposes for us being here. I could be wrong.
Consider if God removed Hitler from life without considering the consequences of that action. Consider no one persecuted the Jews so they would feel a need to return to their homeland. Consider they still populated parts of Russia and such. The Palestinians still occupying Israel. The prophecy going unfulfilled of the Jews returning to their home land. Consider how much more this earth would be populated if those millions of Jews had their families. Consider how much farther advanced we might be as a people in electronics, etc. Consider the shortages of food as to compared to what is happening now. The over fishing, lack of clean water.
Whether by a super natural being or by the evolution of time in which all things take place, doesn't seem that changing the past after it's happened was an actual option.

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll call you a fibber/liar and raise a truth on you.
For the last many decades Leaders in the Mormon church have told LDS to remain where they live, not to flock to Utah.
Well, you can’t cause it didn’t come from me. I only repeat what they tell me, and I don’t think they’re allowed to lie. After all, they ARE EARNING their own salvation, so what Jesus did doesn’t mean much.
I don't doubt that what church leaders are telling the public is opposite what they're telling their people, and I think I know why.

“Protester wrote: Mormons have told me that they’ve been told to be ready to move to Salt Lake City.
So, because their leaders were smart enough to prepare for the coming disaster, their people will survive.
Big deal. Because their leaders have deceived them so well, they won’t survive Hell.”

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
My name is not Dana. Why are you responding to me if you are talking to him.
And, yes you are one of his groupies. You are not committed to doing your Duty when it is concerning Christ and his standards.
Do we really need to go there? Because I will expose you again if necessary.
My goodness! Are you paranoid much?
I was asking Dana a question in response to your post. Not calling you Dana.
Also, I wasn't referring to myself as one of his groupies but if that is what you meant when you said it, then you should have mentioned me by name, instead of pussyfooting around.

Furthermore, I'm not sure what you intend to expose.
That I'm a faithful tithe payer?
That I go above and beyond to make sure we have family home evening?
That my children and I say family prayer before I send them to school and I head off to work??

OR maybe you are going to expose the fact that while I am Mormon,I also have thoughts, and opinions.

How about this, why don't we expose the way you routinely carry your rear end on your shoulders and pretend that you are better than others.

How you prefer knocking down those who don't share our beliefs, rather than helping them up.

Expose all you want darling. After all, I have no shame.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Not Ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>
...blah, blah, blah...
Yes you responded to my post and referred to Dana.
Yes You are a groupie.
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I felt the need to chime in. Dana may not be Mormon anymore but he is an awesome person.
//
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion matters because it is founded and supported in the word of God.
Not Ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you kidding. Your opinion matters because you are a kind and loving man. And you are awesome. I don't agree with you in terms of faith but know you are an amazing person. If that doesn't get you into the kingdom of heaven , I'm not sure what will
I have Jehova witnesses come to the door all the time. I do not believe as they do, however know that one day my son may also be a missionary. So, I treat them with kindness. I offer to accept their literature if they will accept mine. Of course they never do, but I have done what I can to make them feel welcome.
Your views on religion are important. They are our convictions. any Mormon should understand that, if they don't it is their loss not yours.
Love ya.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Post 16315
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that, I truly do. However, do you know what your problem is darling??

You are the kind of woman that makes others think "those Mormon women just do whatever they are told".

Sweetheart it is ok to be a Mormon and have issues with some of the things we are told.

It is okay to question it and it is okay to just be human.

Let me tell you what I believe.

I believe Joseph Smith was a prophe
t. I believe Thomas S. Monson is a prophet.
I believe we are the restored church of the latter days.
I don't question if the book of Mormon is true.
Every time I pick it up and read it I feel the spirit confirm that to me.

I will raise my children in the doctrine and standards that I have been taugh
t. I will hope they grow to have their own testimony and if I am very lucky maybe get married in the temple.

Now, let me tell you something else.

Let me tell you what I won't do.

I WILL NOT teach my son that masturbation is wrong and if you show me one man( or woman for that matter) who has never done it I will gladly kiss your rear end.
I WILL NOT teach my kids that if they fall in love with someone of the same gender that they are bad people.
I WILL NOT be a cookie cutter Mormon. I will be me.

Apparently that offends you and I really don't care.

You will not find me listening to the Mormon tabernacle choir when I am in the car alone.
You will probably find me listening to 9 inch nails, Godsmack or my favorite song, crazy Bitch by Buckcherry.
If you see a drunk in town stop me and ask me for beer money, chances are I will hand him 2 bucks. Why? Because he was honest and didn't steal it from me.
W
When I go home you will find me reading my scriptures, having FHE and fulfilling my callings.

Okay, I'm done with you.
Please to anyone who thinks we are all the nutcase pirate is, we aren't.
I promise :P
ohh and one last thing, your use of spokeo for facts is ALMOST as funny as nomos use of youtube.
You see "not ashamed", this is your issue with me.

I have multiple times tried to "leave you to it" and it not involve me.

You are the one who attacked my statement when I came in the room... referring to God's first lesson, he taught in this mortal life, being about modesty because it was so important to him he gave Adam and Eve a coat and said cover theyselves.

You are the one that made the statement you like to wear short skirts to have a little mystery about you... then trying to excuse it by saying you can't find skirts long enough because you are so tall 5'10' it's almost impossible. That's when I offended you by saying the truth... that it's your choice what length skirt you wear I am 5'8" and all my skirts are below my knees.

I am responding to you... not engaging you. Understand? You have the choice to go to Church nude if you choice... I don't care. Get it. Do what you want. I don't care what you do not ashamed. You are not my DUTY.

I am here to do my DUTY and that is to defend the falsehoods regarding the Church. I give no excuse about that.

As for the quote... sorry it offends you that I can post what a Holy Prophet says. You figure out what is wrong with you being offending that I posted it, or leave it.

Simple... your choice. Dana being a woman (spokeo finds information about everyone from the information in computer sytems... get it. She put down she is a female.)

Now, I don't care how Dana or you represent yourselves, and I don't care if who decide to like or not to like. But, don't say that it's ok for Mormons to choice which standards to stick to... it's your DUTY... but it's your individual CHOICE what you will do.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

//

No it's you that I didn't read what you said. I was commenting on the discussion. You acting like a bully in the sand pit... twisting and mocking does nothing.

Everyone in here knows you are are vile and disgusting in your speech... accusing people of sleeping with animals. You are a sicko!

You are the VILE PREDATOR MOLESTER who ADULTERATES Christ gospel, and all relevant truths.

Your arguments have NOTHING to do with SERIOUS DISCUSSION... rather, a DEEP SEATED LUST of CONTEMPT for the Lord.

You go through the scriptures picking and choosing which part you will toy with; you don't look at the scriptures as a whole as they are meant to be looked and searched.

Instead you play word games and twist Christ Gospel trying to confuse people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
North Salt Lake Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

North Salt Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••