Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
21,261 - 21,280 of 32,001 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Now, getting back to you:
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize your story though your own, isn't much different than people raised in Christian homes that are now atheists or belong to some other non-Christian religion that feel the same way about Christianity as you feel about Mormons?
So what?
Almost all your gripes about Mormons I can find from others about Christianity and other religions. Don't believe it? Go to the Christian threads and see what people have to say against Christians. Go to the Evolution forum and see how atheists react to theists. Christianity is trashed worse than Mormonism has ever had bad comments for.
You still aren't making a point as far as I'm concern.
You want to find some extreme offense for Mormonism and the same offences many times run about in modern Christianity. Black Christians that God is black. White Christians think God is white. Indian Christians think God is Indian. Asian Christians think God is Asian. Hispanic Christians think God is Hispanic. Brown Christians think God is brown. Yellow Christians think God is yellow. Know what that implies? That means no matter how other colours came to be by evolution or curse or whatever, God is their colour and God looks like them and according to your reasoning that's as racist and discriminating of a thought as what LDS believe. And that thinking won't change.
No, teaching that black skin is a curse is discrimination. Teaching that Native Americans are the color they are because their ancestors were cursed is discrimination. Thinking Jesus is the same color as you are isn't, it is an example of their love of Christ, wanting him to be the same color as they are. I don't care what color he was, I love him. And I would be just as happy to have an image of Christ that was black, brown, yellow, red, or even Vulcan green. What he did for me is what matters.
Your issue as is other's issue, is you wave a flag of racism and discrimination at Mormons while being the same thing yourself.
Sometimes there's wisdom in letting go of your anger and hate and letting people choose as they will without calling them names that also fit yourself. Just saying.
I don't know what you're talking about, Mormons aren't a race, it is a chosen belief system. And I don't even hate Mormons, I hate Mormonism, an evil teaching that leads others from the true gospel of Jesus Christ.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a free forum, she can respond to whatever she wants. She doesn't need your permission.
and, I don't need your permission to post here either.

You are off topic.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 10:9 "Do not get any gold or silver or copper to take with you in your belts--
Mark 6:8 These were his instructions: "Take nothing for the journey except a staff--no bread, no bag, no money in your belts.
Luke 9:3 He told them: "Take nothing for the journey--no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra shirt.
Luke 10:4 Do not take a purse or bag or sandals; and do not greet anyone on the road.
Luke 22:34 Jesus answered, "I tell you, Peter, before the rooster crows today, you will deny three times that you know me."
Luke 22:36 He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.
Your source lied that Elephants hadn't been on the Americas. If bones of modern horses are found or carvings of horses are found, he'll be a liar again. That's the comparison your source is deceivingly leaving out.
Your source if they were a honest source, would have stated that there's possible evidence that modern elephants had been to the Americas pre-dating Columbus because elephant head relief's have been found on Mayan buildings.
What does him being wrong about elephants have to do with him being right about horses?
Out of that whole list, you only found one legit error, just one. Doesn't make the whole list wrong. Not even close.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hissy fits aren't going to make you right. Nothing you said disproves my statement that they never said polygamy was something you had to do in order to be saved.
So me scripture, don't act like a little child.
Your ignorance will never teach you anything. We have four main prophets and leaders and kings that all practised polygamy and to you, they were evil bad men because God you claim didn't allow them to have more than one wife. So now you can't explain how such evil bad men defying the will of God remained leaders of God all the while they lived. You can't explain how such evil bad polygamous men were never disciplined a single time for disobeying God and marrying as many women as they wanted to marry.
You can't explain how such out right ungodly disobedience wasn't spoken about by God or why he continued such evil bad polygamous men to be prophets, leaders and Kings of his people instead of replacing them with an obedient servant of one wife only.
You have a mental cluster catastrophe happening here. When you get it figured out and get a base intelligent theory going to explain your position better, you let me know okay?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, they are "anti-Mormon" Mormons? LOL!!!!!
duh,

they are called hypocrites.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
and, I don't need your permission to post here either.
You are off topic.
You're always off topic. What's your point besides you hate me? That has been well established a long time ago.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it isn't anti-Mormon: http://puremormonism.blogspot.com/2009/07/wha...
Not Ashamed, I think you will like this web site. Carol doesn't because they have thinking Mormons there.
It's opinion!!! Thus, not from a LDS authorized source.

You are off topic... this has to do with the topic:

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
duh,
they are called hypocrites.
Everyone that doesn't think exactly like you is a hypocrite. Pathetic.

"When the leaders have spoken, the thinking has been done." That's our Carol.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
When will you stop being your own fool? Do you know what it took to be a member of a church in Smith's time? BAPTISM. WATER BAPTISM. DUNKED IN A RIVER, WATER TANK, POND, STREAM, ETC. Research some fricking history if you need to. Even Christian missionaries from the east to the west were dunking native Indians in rivers and streams for part of their baptism. Many ministers believed water baptism covered it all for being a member and nothing else.
Can you find me witnesses that state Smith was water baptised into this Methodist faith?
Now on to your sources.
"He presented himself in a very serious and humble manner, and the minister, not suspecting evil, put his name on the class book, in the absence of some of the official members.(The Amboy Journal, Amboy, Illinois, April 30, 1879, p.1)."
"..put his name on the class book,.." That's your evidence that Smith was made a member of this Methodist faith? His name was put in a class book as being an 'attendee?" Please tell me you have better proof than that.
This just gets better... "I think in June, 1828, heard on Saturday,.." The preacher thinks, THINKS he heard Smith was a member. THIS WAS THE PREACHER OF THE CHURCH AND HE CAN'T REMEMBER IF HE BAPTISED SMITH AS A MEMBER! How many people were there that he couldn't remember a baptism he did! Fricking a riot and that's your proof? This minister even made the standing difference Smith was a "MEMBER" of a BIBLE CLASS GROUP, NOT A MEMBER OF THE METHODIST CHURCH.
How pathetically far will you go to make a claim your own source puts in doubt and states no actual BAPTISM happened? lolol....just to fricking funny...
If the Lord told him that all the churches were an abomination, what is he doing in a Methodist church in the first place? Hmmmmmmm?(You went a little Carol there, big boy)LOL!!!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're always off topic. What's your point besides you hate me? That has been well established a long time ago.
My point is I don't hate you.

I don't agree with your tactics. I don't trust you because you LIE constantly.

You harassed an 65 year old woman calling her a whore a molester of her own children, and revealed her address and personal information on the Internet.

It's illegal and you did it out of spite and because you think you can get away with it. Now, you pretend it was all a joke after weeks of slander that woman and her family on the Internet.

Ridiculous.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance will never teach you anything. We have four main prophets and leaders and kings that all practised polygamy and to you, they were evil bad men because God you claim didn't allow them to have more than one wife. So now you can't explain how such evil bad men defying the will of God remained leaders of God all the while they lived. You can't explain how such evil bad polygamous men were never disciplined a single time for disobeying God and marrying as many women as they wanted to marry.
You can't explain how such out right ungodly disobedience wasn't spoken about by God or why he continued such evil bad polygamous men to be prophets, leaders and Kings of his people instead of replacing them with an obedient servant of one wife only.
You have a mental cluster catastrophe happening here. When you get it figured out and get a base intelligent theory going to explain your position better, you let me know okay?
Any you keep trying to avoid my main point that there is no scripture commanding polygamy for one's salvation, never has been.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone that doesn't think exactly like you is a hypocrite. Pathetic.
"When the leaders have spoken, the thinking has been done." That's our Carol.
No, that is not true.

You don't even know me, yet you have judged me unjustly. That is not your right. And, not the topic.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever said Peter was a prophet? No Christian I know of, much less the Bible. He cut off the EAR of a Roman guard who was trying to arrest the Messiah! That is hardly premeditated murder - attempted or otherwise! How desperate are you to be right? Apparently desperate enough to lie about what the Word says, but I'm not surprised. Afterall, your great prophet (cough, sputter, choke) Joseph Smith was a GIANT fraud who lied his a$$ off to satisfy his own lusts! Wow!
The apostles were apostles and prophets. Prophets were named in the New Testament. You don't know that because you don't know what a topical guide/index is.
The apostles received information from God that didn't come from Jesus that they were told to share with the people. That is what a prophet does, they receive words from God to give to his people.
Next, Peter wasn't aiming for an ear. If you believe that, I have a sand castle for you to buy that you can move into a week from now. Peter was swing his sword down onto the skull of the guard to kill him. That's called premeditated murder, a fore-thought to killing.
Why don't you go read the Bible and than get back to me with any more Bible questions okay? Hmm?

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
It's opinion!!! Thus, not from a LDS authorized source.
You are off topic... this has to do with the topic:
So it's not rue unless the general Authorities approve of it first? Mormons aren't allowed to have opinions? Thank you for the demonstration of a mind brainwashed by a cult. When I do give statements by your leaders you make excuses for them also.
Pathetic.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The apostles were apostles and prophets. Prophets were named in the New Testament. You don't know that because you don't know what a topical guide/index is.
The apostles received information from God that didn't come from Jesus that they were told to share with the people. That is what a prophet does, they receive words from God to give to his people.
Next, Peter wasn't aiming for an ear. If you believe that, I have a sand castle for you to buy that you can move into a week from now. Peter was swing his sword down onto the skull of the guard to kill him. That's called premeditated murder, a fore-thought to killing.
Why don't you go read the Bible and than get back to me with any more Bible questions okay? Hmm?
None of the Apostles were named "Prophet". Not once.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is I don't hate you.
I don't agree with your tactics. I don't trust you because you LIE constantly.
You harassed an 65 year old woman calling her a whore a molester of her own children, and revealed her address and personal information on the Internet.
It's illegal and you did it out of spite and because you think you can get away with it. Now, you pretend it was all a joke after weeks of slander that woman and her family on the Internet.
Ridiculous.
I treated you like you treated me, Carol. You're the one who started the stalker routine.

All those treats of lawsuits and sons coming to beat me, and not even a phone call. pathetic.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, childish name calling and hissy fits won't make the Mormon church right or you. In the US the Mormon church denies a couple the right to marry in the Temple if they get a civil or non-temple marriage first.
lololol......fricking to much.....to much laughter....sore tummy....
Of course the church would deny marrying a couple a second time! That's illegal! But minus the marriage ceremony that takes place in public or in a temple, the couple can have all the other rites and sealings that a couple marrying in the temple receives. What was your point????? lolol........

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's not rue unless the general Authorities approve of it first? Mormons aren't allowed to have opinions? Thank you for the demonstration of a mind brainwashed by a cult. When I do give statements by your leaders you make excuses for them also.
Pathetic.
Someone's opinion has NOTHING to do with proving the CHURCH true or false. Heck as far as we know the person submitting a comment to the blog could be an anti-Mormon in disguise just making things up (LYING).

You are reaching, you are twisting and trying to manipulate the subject.
Seriously

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The apostles were apostles and prophets. Prophets were named in the New Testament......Why don't you go read the Bible and than get back to me with any more Bible questions okay? Hmm?
Peter was NEVER identified as a prophet in the Bible. Maybe in YOUR INDEX, but NEVER in the Bible. Maybe in the Book of Mormon (which is crap), but NEVER in the Bible. Also, Peter was an apostle and even the "rock" upon whom the church would be built, but never a prophet. Mormons made that up - like the rest of their religion.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I treated you like you treated me, Carol. You're the one who started the stalker routine.
All those treats of lawsuits and sons coming to beat me, and not even a phone call. pathetic.
My name is not Carol, and I never said a word about anyone coming to beat you up. LIAR!

And, it's the risk you take when you subject yourself as a business man on the Internet soliciting Mormon's to send you cigarettes for laughs.

I have the right to look up anything I want to find if it is true or not... what hidden agenda's the person has.

and you are a LIAR if you say otherwise... otherwise I would have had the police knocking at my door and I haven't

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
North Salt Lake Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

North Salt Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••