Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31997 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#21619 Mar 11, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't what Mormonism teaches.
That is exactly what the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints teaches. We need to put ourselves in a position to be saved. There is nothing we can do by ourselves that would give us eternal life.

Location hidden

#21620 Mar 11, 2013
GOOGLE ATZEI CHAIM wrote:
Dana Robertson the Madison
His motto is HAVE KEYBOARD MUST TELL LIES and NOTHING
he says EVER
turns out to be true.
Hey, lets all simmer down. Dana was right about us being adopted into the family of God as referenced in Rom 8:15-17. That turned out to be true.
Google YOURE CAUGHT LYING

Live Oak, CA

#21621 Mar 11, 2013
-----
Dana Robertson wrote:
Read and learn for yourself.
The Hebrew for "roll of a book" as translated in Ezekiel 2:9
http://www.hebrewoldtestament.com/B26C002.htm...
Not even close, Mormonism fails again.
-----

No,***YOU'RE*** NOT even CLOSE.

That Hebrew says ***BOOK***- not ROLL.

Not "ROLL." Or "SCROLL."

It's the word *BOOK.*

-----
Dana Robertson wrote:
Hebrew for "stick" as translated in Ezekiel 37:16
http://www.hebrewoldtestament.com/B26C037.htm...
-----

The second link uses the word ETs, all three times,
which is two letters,

BUT YOUR PROBLEM IS,

**YOU'VE BEEN CAUGHT LYING**
about being able to tell

WHAT THE WORD

*ROLL* LOOKS LIKE.

YOU AREN'T EVEN CLOSE.

YOU'RE a VICIOUS Tennessee SOCIOPATH Hillbilly, L.Y.I.N.G.
because YOU CAN.
A.G.A.I.N.

What's your EXCUSE for that?

YOU HAVE NO excuse. YOU'VE BEEN CAUGHT L.Y.I.N.G.
because YOU CAN.

A.G.A.I.N.
=====
&#1505;&#1508;&#15 12; the word BOOK

&#1500;&#1492;&#15 14;&#1490;&#1500;& #1490;&#1500; THE word ROLL

YOU AREN'T EVEN CLOSE.
Oh gosh

Draper, UT

#21622 Mar 11, 2013
You Mormon worship a man who became a god by living your lds laws!!!!!

So this man god is still progressing in knowledge, he can't be all knowing like the god of the bible who is eternal!!!

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#21623 Mar 11, 2013
Oh gosh wrote:
So this man god is still progressing in knowledge, he can't be all knowing like the god of the bible who is eternal!!!
We don't worship any man. We follow a prophet. Just like.prophets of the bible. We worship God.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#21624 Mar 11, 2013
Dana Robertson the Madison Tennessee HICK who tried his "It was COUNSELING!" routine on the Mormons,
and we sent him packing.
So he wound up out on the left coast trying to make a living in the INTERNET HATE LITERATURE business but the bottom fell out of THAT,
so now he's reduced to teaching his "Homosexual Revolution" at the Salvation Army.
His motto is HAVE KEYBOARD MUST TELL LIES and NOTHING
he says EVER
turns out to be true.
He's been here for some FOUR YEARS cursing people claiming he's glad they were murdered,
claiming he's glad they were raped,
because his online HATE LITERATURE business depends on him generating all the HATE he can
for the HETEROSEXUAL, CONSERVATIVE Mormons, who told him to take his PedoBilly HomoHick Perversions somewhere else.
LIBERALS ALWAYS HATE YOU when you TELL THEM they are PERVERTS.
=====
Here are some of the "etz" which is Hebrew, for "wood" that are mentioned in Ezekial 37:12-27.
---
"Our wooden Etz Chaim sets are engraved on brass inner rings..."
http://www.judaicaemb.com/torah_rollers___atz...
"Atzei Chaim: It is worthy to beautify this mitzvah as much as possible, and this includes the poles on which the sefer Torah is scrolled onto. Gershtnkoren Studio has designed such poles in silver and gold that are unique in design and a beauty to behold."
http://gershtn.com/Item.aspx...
"As I recently had to stitch a sefer Torah to a new set of atzei chaim, I thought it might be interesting to show you how its done. Here are the old (left) and new (right) atzei chaim."
http://melakhetshamayim.blogspot.com/2010/12/...
And another set:
http://www.tiferesjudaica.com/etzchaimseferto...
More Atzei Chaim, referred to by English speakers as Etz Chaim pronounced "Ets'ah Shah'EEm"
http://rabbi.bendory.com/cgi-bin/album/sofer/...
And when Ezekiel meant "book", he said "book", not "stick"

"And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book(Hebrew-megillath sepher)[was] therein; And he spread it before me; and it was written within and without: and there was written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe.(Ezekiel 2:9-10)

There is nowhere in the Old Testament that "ets" is translated into "book".

Mormonism fails again.

Marysville, CA

#21625 Mar 11, 2013
Google YOURE CAUGHT LYING wrote:
-----
<quoted text>
-----
No,***YOU'RE*** NOT even CLOSE.
That Hebrew says ***BOOK***- not ROLL.
Not "ROLL." Or "SCROLL."
It's the word *BOOK.*
-----
<quoted text>
-----
The second link uses the word ETs, all three times,
which is two letters,
BUT YOUR PROBLEM IS,
**YOU'VE BEEN CAUGHT LYING**
about being able to tell
WHAT THE WORD
*ROLL* LOOKS LIKE.
YOU AREN'T EVEN CLOSE.
YOU'RE a VICIOUS Tennessee SOCIOPATH Hillbilly, L.Y.I.N.G.
because YOU CAN.
A.G.A.I.N.
What's your EXCUSE for that?
YOU HAVE NO excuse. YOU'VE BEEN CAUGHT L.Y.I.N.G.
because YOU CAN.
A.G.A.I.N.
=====
&#1505;&#1508;&#15 12; the word BOOK
&#1500;&#1492;&#15 14;&#1490;&#1500;& #1490;&#1500; THE word ROLL
YOU AREN'T EVEN CLOSE.
I know you don't believe your own BS when you post like this. You don't even believe your own lie. LOL!!!

Carol fails again!

Marysville, CA

#21626 Mar 11, 2013
The set of scriptures represented by the one set given Judah and his descendents, were the ones Ezekiel had: which was a relatively thin and undeveloped book.
The set taken away to the New World 600 BC has gotten the benefit that, in contrast with the set held by the people of Judah, which was kept by a defeated and VERY fragmented people during it's writing,
the Book of Mormon managed to be kept within similarly zealous for the small stuff people,
but the Nephites had such better lives in quality overall, that when the people would fall away from an earnest yearning to serve each other's God and each other's needs for brotherhood, and companionship, the preaching about the Lord coming, is often very, very intense; because they knew all the stuff the Jews had been told, they just didn't have the m.a.s.s.i.v.e. cultural competition putting each other at THEIR OWN throats over CRITICAL ISSUES like WHO GETS PUT to DEATH.
It wasn't like that for the Nephites. They allied up and fought with the Lamanites, yeah, but what they had going was such a highly organized society,
you can compare them to the pioneer attitude of the modern Israel. Those Jews are holding back SKADS of Muslims who HATE their GUTS.
Similarly the Nephites with their highly tight-knit culture: held back SKADS of Lamanites;
because THE LAMANITES DIDN'T HAVE OTHER ORGANIZED CIVILIZATIONS to PAL UP WITH and TURN on the NEPHITES like the JEWS did.
Mormon fantasies.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#21627 Mar 11, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you have shown many times that scripture is a lie to you. I've returned the favor and didn't even bother anything beyond that point because I know from your history it is just ignorance, denial, and BS.
The scriptures say your wrong. Therefore I will go with the scriptures. You can't even give one verse that says your works will save you. Not one.
Grace alone doesn't save. Jesus said no such thing. Not a writer in the Bible ever declared all a person needed for salvation was grace and nothing else. You have perpetuated over and over grace is all a person needs for salvation. That's a lie. It is your lie. And when you begin a post on a lie, that means the rest of your words have been built upon that first lie also.
I stated the truth that the Bible teaches and you don't like Bible truths. If you did like Bible truths, you would agree it takes three things to have salvation with Jesus: his grace and our faith and our works. It's a recipe for true salvation. Remove a single aspect and you have corrupted what Jesus taught. Jesus taught us to receive his grace. He taught us to have faith in what he taught and he told us to obey the commandments and to do as he did which would be our works being made manifest because of our faith in Jesus and his grace.
As long as you continue to state only grace is needed for salvation you are your own liar.
And I never stated works only will save a person. So your delusional to think I said that, I haven't.

Location hidden

#21629 Mar 11, 2013
Oh gosh wrote:
Good point. If God was still progressing in knowledge, then there would be no way we could trust him, because one day he might learn something that could change the very truths upon which his laws are based.

We do not believe that God is progressing in knowledge, we believe that he is progressing and expanding in glory. His glory is increasing, but his knowledge is complete.

Because God's knowledge is complete, we can trust that His commandments have our best interests in mind and will grant the best out comes.

Marysville, CA

#21630 Mar 11, 2013
http://www.kosherveyosher.com/ sanctity-1013.html
"Sifrey Torah are checked three to seven times for errors. This is done by one person reading aloud each one of the 304,805 letters from an established Tikkun whilst another checks it on the Torah.
After the text is written, the parchment sections have to be sewn together into a roll with thread made from the leg sinews of kosher animals.
The completed Sefer Torah is sewn onto STICKS, "Atzei Chayim" (trees/branches of life), in the Sephardic tradition, they are situated inside a beautifully decorated hard case. The Ashkenazi tradition has a soft cover placed over the parchment and STICKS.
http://tinyurl.com/Torah-Sticks-Called-Ets
Yet according to Mormonism, the Book of Mormon was written on golden plates, not scrolls, sticks, or anything close to it.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#21631 Mar 11, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
You give me a link to named mountains in Israel? Are you kidding??? lol...of course your not kidding. You didn't read the verse to understand it. Thus the reason you didn't answer the question and instead gave me names of mountains...lol.

Try again...
22 and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations and no longer be divided into two kingdoms.

The verse states two kingdoms will become a single kingdom and this kingdom will sit on the mountains(not hills, not plains)of Israel.
So please tell me what modern large kingdom/city like Jerusalem was built in a mountainous region of Israel? It's not Jerusalem because it sit's on hills.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#21632 Mar 11, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Have the Holy Ghost in you is in fact having God in you. When you have God in you, you don't need a prophet. You have a direct connection to God.
God doesn't dwell with the mind that has used the vile, dark, derogatory things you have said about people in here. So the Holy Ghost wouldn't dwell with you either for your profanity filth of speech. So your claim of what the Holy Ghost does and doesn't do wouldn't be a sound thing to consider, know what I mean?

Marysville, CA

#21633 Mar 11, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Grace alone doesn't save. Jesus said no such thing.
His Apostle Paul did. The teaching came from Jesus.
Not a writer in the Bible ever declared all a person needed for salvation was grace and nothing else.
They did say that it was only grace that saved you, and not your works:

Ephesians 2:8-9(NIV)
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Rom. 3:20, 28
"because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin...For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law."

Galatians 2:16
"nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."
You have perpetuated over and over grace is all a person needs for salvation. That's a lie. It is your lie. And when you begin a post on a lie, that means the rest of your words have been built upon that first lie also.
If it is a lie, then Jesus is a liar, because he told the thief on the cross that he would be in Paradise with him that day. The thief was saved by his faith in Christ alone, not any works.
I stated the truth that the Bible teaches and you don't like Bible truths.
You've stated your lack of knowledge about what scripture says. I have given clear, plain spoken verses on the subject. You just can't handle it.
If you did like Bible truths, you would agree it takes three things to have salvation with Jesus: his grace and our faith and our works.
More of your fantasy. It does not say that anywhere in the Bible. It's our faith in his grace that saves us, our works have nothing to do with it.
It's a recipe for true salvation. Remove a single aspect and you have corrupted what Jesus taught. Jesus taught us to receive his grace. He taught us to have faith in what he taught and he told us to obey the commandments and to do as he did which would be our works being made manifest because of our faith in Jesus and his grace.
He never said our works would save us.
John 6:28-29(NASB)
28 Therefore they said to Him,“What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered and said to them,“This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”

That is Jesus also teaching about salvation by grace.
As long as you continue to state only grace is needed for salvation you are your own liar.
Then I'm in good company with Jesus and Paul and the early church.
And I never stated works only will save a person. So your delusional to think I said that, I haven't.
As long as you teach that works are essential to your salvation, you no longer have the grace of Jesus Christ.

Romans 11:6
But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.

Read and learn.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#21634 Mar 11, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a kid who took those words to heart..so did the kids bishop. He believed masturbation was a terrible sin and was so ashamed of himself( which was reinforced by his bishop) that he killed himself...dad sued the church, it's all well documented. Was that BKP's intention when he wrote the little factory? Idk...probably not but it's the result....seems to me if god had inspired BKP, packers words would uplift, not harm. But we should cut him some slack, right? even when he says god didnt create gay people in the middle of a suicide rash here? Moses' speech impediment is like BKP's homophobia...wow. But I can't cut any him slack. It's not the same
The only mind that would consider masturbation to be so wrong and so evil that because they did masturbate it was better that they killed themselves, that thinking would only come from a unstable mentality. One that is "mentally challenged". Because if a different mind was considering masturbation so evil as the mentally unstable mind, the normal mind would remember what was taught in the Bible that Jesus forgives our sins.
An unstable mind would not remember Jesus taught forgiveness. And even Jesus taught what you claim the BKP taught. Jesus said if an innocent person was harmed, a person harming them should go commit suicide by drowning. That means if you ever hurt any of your kids while raising them, if you hurt them mentally and or physically by even yelling or spanking them etc, Jesus said you should have committed suicide than to remain a parent.
Now what?

Marysville, CA

#21635 Mar 11, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't dwell with the mind that has used the vile, dark, derogatory things you have said about people in here. So the Holy Ghost wouldn't dwell with you either for your profanity filth of speech. So your claim of what the Holy Ghost does and doesn't do wouldn't be a sound thing to consider, know what I mean?
As you are not God, and can't even come to terms with God's most basic teachings, your opinion is of no value, and adds nothing to the conversation. As far as I'm concern, you are far from being Christian yourself, with your on going lies and deceptions with childish words games.

Marysville, CA

#21636 Mar 11, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You give me a link to named mountains in Israel? Are you kidding??? lol...of course your not kidding. You didn't read the verse to understand it. Thus the reason you didn't answer the question and instead gave me names of mountains...lol.
Try again...
22 and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations and no longer be divided into two kingdoms.
The verse states two kingdoms will become a single kingdom and this kingdom will sit on the mountains(not hills, not plains)of Israel.
So please tell me what modern large kingdom/city like Jerusalem was built in a mountainous region of Israel? It's not Jerusalem because it sit's on hills.
Is this suppose to be intelligent conversation? Let us know when you come back to reality. You are so pitiful. LOL!!!!

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#21637 Mar 11, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And when Ezekiel meant "book", he said "book", not "stick"
Danaism fails again.
Umm Dana, in Ezekiel's time they didn't publish books as we do. You realize that right? So you realize they had what we would call manuscript writings in the time of Ezekiel, not books. Books were a much later invention long after Ezekiel was dead.
If you doubt me on this, I would challenge you to google 'history of book making'.
But what we call books today isn't what they called books in Ezekiel's time.

Marysville, CA

#21638 Mar 11, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. If God was still progressing in knowledge, then there would be no way we could trust him, because one day he might learn something that could change the very truths upon which his laws are based.
We do not believe that God is progressing in knowledge, we believe that he is progressing and expanding in glory. His glory is increasing, but his knowledge is complete.
Because God's knowledge is complete, we can trust that His commandments have our best interests in mind and will grant the best out comes.
Just to let you know, that your leaders did teach that God was still progressing at one time:
"God himself is increasing and progressing in knowledge, power, and dominion, and will do so, worlds without end." (Wilford Woodruff Mormon prophet Journal of Discourses 6:120)

"... advancing as our Father in heaven advances, for there is progress for our father and for our Lord Jesus. There is no such thing as standing still in the eternal work of our God. It is endless progress, progressing from one degree of knowledge to another degree." (George Q. Cannon First Presidency Counselor
Millennial Star 61:117)

This was later changed:
"It should be realized that God is not progressing in knowledge, truth, virtue, wisdom, or any of the attributes of godliness. He has already gained these things in their fullness.(Joseph Fielding Smith Mormon prophet cited by Bruce R. McConkie
Mormon Doctrine, p.221 (1958)

Marysville, CA

#21639 Mar 11, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm Dana, in Ezekiel's time they didn't publish books as we do. You realize that right? So you realize they had what we would call manuscript writings in the time of Ezekiel, not books. Books were a much later invention long after Ezekiel was dead.
If you doubt me on this, I would challenge you to google 'history of book making'.
But what we call books today isn't what they called books in Ezekiel's time.
The scrolls were considered books. But what is your point? This doesn't help Carol's "stick" fantasy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the jews are to blame 1 hr BUD FOX 1
voting for trump 2016 thread Sat Ginger 3
Vote for Hillary Sat Ginger 4
I'm getting over you! Aug 25 Noah 2
Review: Haaga Mattress (Nov '15) Aug 24 cool dealzz 3
Trump Aug 24 Paris 20
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... Apr '16 jsmetzgerin 1

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance