Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#21086 Mar 4, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was a Jew so he would have had olive skin.
Not necessarily. The Jews were an assimilation of many cultures over a 2000 year period from Egyptians and Assyrian's to Arabs and many other peoples.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#21087 Mar 4, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>The Book of Mormon is an account of the American Indians. How they came from Jerusalem.

There is documentation that testifies of this. You just have to be willing to read it and find out if it is true or not.

If you don't believe me... prove me wrong.
Lol Now it's a documentation of American Indians? I don't remember my Grandpa (who was half Choctaw) every mentioning that bit to me. Table of Nations aside, the Bible never once mentions the Book of Mormon or Joseph smith. I don't have to prove you wrong. I have nothing to prove. Truth is truth.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#21088 Mar 4, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have enough dick to give us your name, I'll bother to answer you.
lol...defend your stupidity all you want...lol. I'm no fool to give my name to a person as you who would use it in any negative way you could see fit to use it in. You did that with the Carol lady.
You don't put your picture up because your smart. But the same logic you use for people that won't put their names out on Topix as you have done, that their ashamed and cowards, your own logic brands you a coward and being ashamed to put your picture out there with your name, and that's your logic back at you.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#21089 Mar 4, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
No The Church of Jesus Christ did not come into existence until Jesus Christ came to the earth and established it.
Adam and Eve were taught from the very beginning... there is a difference.
You moron, Must people reading my post would have intelligence enough to understand that I meant from them beginning of the early church.
Please takes your meds.
The Dark Ages devoured the O.R.I.G.I.N.A.L. Church of Jesus Christ.
//
Prove it. Prove there wasn't honest followers of Christ during those times.
Christ set up his Church "The Church of Jesus Christ" during his ministry. Money, power, and evil changed it.
This is called the Dark Ages.
Yet the message of the grace of Christ was still being taught.
The Roman Catholics forbid anyone without "their authority" to own a copy of the Bible... for monetary purposes.
Salvation isn't depended on you owning a Bible. Only having and understanding it's message.
"The original languages of Hebrew and Greek, and the 1,000 years of the Dark & Middle Ages when the Word was trapped in only Latin". This was done to ensure people did not have the ability to possess the knowledge of the Word of God on their own for their own agenda. The only way to obtain the knowledge or power was to pay for it.
No, it was still taught from every Sunday in Mass.
All of the different break offs of the different Christian Church's came as a result of the Dark Ages. That is why there are Different Christian sects NOT different Christian GODS.
And they all teach salvation by the grace of Jesus Christ, except the cults likes Mormonism, Jehovah's Witness, Islam, etc.
The only way to have the TRUTH and I mean the FULL TRUTH is to go back to the ORIGINAL BIBLE...
it had the fullness.
Prove we don't.
Once it was broken up and taken away from and added to and modified it became NOT the ORIGINAL.
Like Joseph Smith did with his translation? I agree.
It is necessary for us to take ALL writings into account that ARE
O.R.I.G.I.N.A.L.
There is still more out there.
What isn't needed for our salvation has been preserved. We certainly don't need polygamy for our salvation. We don't need marriage for our salvation. We don't need any temple endowments for our salvation. We aren't needed to help in the salvation of the dead. Smith brought and restored nothing. Just a bunch of fantasies to milk the members of their money and to make him look important. False prophets will get you nowhere.
The Book of Mormon is just one of the O.R.I.G.I.N.A.L. writings discussed here. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is about the writings that originated from the Nephites in the Book of Mormon.
Making issue with JS in any way shape or form has always been the desire of corrupted men.
The source of the corruption is important to show why there is corruption. From perverts, you get perverted teachings in the name of God. Mormonism is an abomination to mankind, as much as Islam is and always will be. The BoM hasn't got one piece of evidence to show it is true. It is as factual as Lord of the Rings, and isn't half as interesting.

Location hidden

#21090 Mar 4, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Not necessarily. The Jews were an assimilation of many cultures over a 2000 year period from Egyptians and Assyrian's to Arabs and many other peoples.
Eh...I prefer not to split hairs on the issue. I sincerely don't believe he was black or white. Being a Jew from the Middle East, I believe he had olive skin. Not that it really matters. He's still Messiah.

Marysville, CA

#21091 Mar 4, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
The Book of Mormon is an account of the American Indians. How they came from Jerusalem.
There is documentation that testifies of this. You just have to be willing to read it and find out if it is true or not.
If you don't believe me... prove me wrong.
I have read it many times and DNA evidence has proven over and over that Native Americans aren't Jews. Case close.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#21092 Mar 4, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
So you admit there wasn't any Golden plates? Thank you!
Pathetic stupidity. Please tell me you know theirs a difference between a written manuscript and metal plates that have been engraved upon, please tell me you know they are two different objects.

Marysville, CA

#21093 Mar 4, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...defend your stupidity all you want...lol. I'm no fool to give my name to a person as you who would use it in any negative way you could see fit to use it in. You did that with the Carol lady.
You don't put your picture up because your smart. But the same logic you use for people that won't put their names out on Topix as you have done, that their ashamed and cowards, your own logic brands you a coward and being ashamed to put your picture out there with your name, and that's your logic back at you.
I only did that with Carol after she posted my person information here. How conveniently you forget that. But you have always had this convenience when he has show you to be wrong.

Marysville, CA

#21094 Mar 4, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana you are here just to argue.
You don't care about what as long as you get the last word in with everyone... and it doesn't matter if it's correct, factual, or dumb.
It is fact that many of those manuscripts have been found and used in modern translations of the Bible. That is fact, get over it.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#21095 Mar 4, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol Now it's a documentation of American Indians? I don't remember my Grandpa (who was half Choctaw) every mentioning that bit to me. Table of Nations aside, the Bible never once mentions the Book of Mormon or Joseph smith. I don't have to prove you wrong. I have nothing to prove. Truth is truth.
Well my grandmother was half Choctaw... she didn't mention it either.

I had to research and study and search and pray. Not all things are written on a sticky and posted to your forehead.

Marysville, CA

#21096 Mar 4, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic stupidity. Please tell me you know theirs a difference between a written manuscript and metal plates that have been engraved upon, please tell me you know they are two different objects.
No, the golden plates would have been the manuscript Smith was suppose to have used to get the BoM from. That is the story. A written account is a written account, no matter what it was written on. Please let us know you're not that stupid.

Marysville, CA

#21097 Mar 4, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you read the Bible (every word and understood every word)?
Have you read the Book of Mormon (every word and understood every word)?
//
No, I don't think you have. Once you have done that then come back and tell us about your opinions.
That isn't a requirement. The requirement is to read it and pray about it. God said "NO"!

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#21098 Mar 4, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I only did that with Carol after she posted my person information here. How conveniently you forget that. But you have always had this convenience when he has show you to be wrong.
No let's get this straight.

1- My name is not Carol....

2- You were calling me Carol for a long time before I posted your information that you publicly posted on the Internet yourself...

3- I would never confide in you EVER.

Look what you did to that poor lady Carol... you gave her full name, address, her 4 kids names, all information she confided in you in a business transaction.

So... YOU ARE WRONG... YOU ARE UNETHICAL... YOU ARE A LIAR...

I have no respect for anyone who says they will kill Jesus Christ himself.

You posted your address on the INTERNET for EVERYONE not me... YOU

Marysville, CA

#21099 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh...I prefer not to split hairs on the issue. I sincerely don't believe he was black or white. Being a Jew from the Middle East, I believe he had olive skin. Not that it really matters. He's still Messiah.
I agree 100%. But if you want to see a Mormon crap his/her pants, say that Jesus was black. LOL!!!

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#21100 Mar 5, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read it many times and DNA evidence has proven over and over that Native Americans aren't Jews. Case close.
Guess what ... your wrong.

Not too long ago a archeologist went deep down into Guatemala and found some white Indians... one came back to Washington D.C. and did some D.N.A. testing. Turns out she was the real deal!

Location hidden

#21101 Mar 5, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>Well my grandmother was half Choctaw... she didn't mention it either.

I had to research and study and search and pray. Not all things are written on a sticky and posted to your forehead.
Hahahaha Sticky on your forehead? Is that where you found the writings of Joseph Smith?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#21102 Mar 5, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
A whole lot of BS for "coward."
If you think identity theft is BS, you're not stupid. You're more stupid than I didn't give you credit for not being.
I typed in your name and the first eight hits were all about you. And that page didn't include your FB profile. If I went to Bing and added your name I'm sure to get a few extra hits.
I put my name in and didn't get a single hit. If being safe is being a coward in your definition, I'll take that as a comliment :)

Location hidden

#21103 Mar 5, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>Guess what ... your wrong.

Not too long ago a archeologist went deep down into Guatemala and found some white Indians... one came back to Washington D.C. and did some D.N.A. testing. Turns out she was the real deal!
*you're :)

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#21104 Mar 5, 2013
They are the Maya Indians.

With today's society you have blood mixing that's crazy wacko...

But, the Maya Indian that I'm referring to that was tested was from a tribe that hides deep in the forest.

There is a HUGE amount of history out there.

The Church has always said there's more out there to come to light.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#21105 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha Sticky on your forehead? Is that where you found the writings of Joseph Smith?
did you learn your history in a comic book?
\

just curious~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) Aug 15 ray 42
News A police officer ruined their Subway business, ... Aug 14 Overgrownelf79 1
So what's going on with Paul Swenson? Aug 13 Jescrane 2
I love Utah farts Aug 11 JuicyNoodles 1
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... (Apr '16) Apr '16 jsmetzgerin 1
News Loss of members spurred LDS singles ward changes (Apr '11) Feb '15 Blow 4
News Police close to catching Midvale check fraud su... (Sep '10) Jan '15 not surprised 36

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages