Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,005

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story
First Prev
of 1601
Next Last
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#1 Oct 14, 2011
I do. They do not go by the bible nor does the bible mention mormonism it it. They have created a so called "extension" or another book of the bible calling it the book of mormon. Mormonism was created by a horny man wanting to screw more than one woman so he made it up saying GOD told him to do so. Women fell for it.

Judged:

68

54

37

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#2 Oct 14, 2011
Mormons are mormons believing in john smith and some man they call a modern day prophet. They bible does not mention this prophet at all. Nothing but a bunch of lies.

Judged:

37

35

26

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mommy2Bof3

United States

#3 Oct 14, 2011
We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
We believe that man will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.
We believe that through the Atonement of Christ all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.
We believe that the first principals and ordinances of the gospel are first, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, second, repentence; third, baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, laying.on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the gospel and administer the ordinances thereof.
We believe in the same organization that existed in the primitive church, namely apostles, prophets pastures, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

Judged:

44

28

23

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mommy2Bof3

United States

#4 Oct 14, 2011
We belive the BIBLE to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly. We also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

We all that God had revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that he will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

We believe in the literal gathering of Irael and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion, the New Jerusalem, will be build upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and that the earth will be renewes and receive its paradisiacal glory.

We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring and sustaining the law.

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we follow thw admonition of Paul. We believe all things, we hop all things, we have endured many things and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

Judged:

42

22

21

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mommy2Bof3

United States

#5 Oct 14, 2011
Please visit www.lds.org for an accurate description of the LDS, or Mormon, beliefs. What I have posted above are the 13 Articles of Faith. They are an outline of what the LDS church believes. As you can see, we DO believe in Jesus Christ and in the Bible. ;)

Judged:

37

17

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#6 Oct 14, 2011
Mommy2Bof3 wrote:
We belive the BIBLE to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly. We also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
We all that God had revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that he will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
We believe in the literal gathering of Irael and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion, the New Jerusalem, will be build upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and that the earth will be renewes and receive its paradisiacal glory.
We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring and sustaining the law.
We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we follow thw admonition of Paul. We believe all things, we hop all things, we have endured many things and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
If the bible is GOD's holy word why do you need the book of mormon that is NOT GOD's holy word?

Judged:

23

19

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#7 Oct 14, 2011
Mommy2Bof3 wrote:
Please visit www.lds.org for an accurate description of the LDS, or Mormon, beliefs. What I have posted above are the 13 Articles of Faith. They are an outline of what the LDS church believes. As you can see, we DO believe in Jesus Christ and in the Bible. ;)
The bible does not mention to believe in the book of mormon. Why is that book not in the bible?

Judged:

20

16

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#8 Oct 14, 2011
Mommy2Bof3 wrote:
Please visit www.lds.org for an accurate description of the LDS, or Mormon, beliefs. What I have posted above are the 13 Articles of Faith. They are an outline of what the LDS church believes. As you can see, we DO believe in Jesus Christ and in the Bible. ;)
The bible does not state to believe in the book of Mormon. Why do you make that up?

Judged:

16

14

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#9 Oct 14, 2011
Mormons believe in a prophet that claims to follow GOD. Why believe in a man when JESUS is all you need? This is the cult part of being a mormon...I have a problem with the book of mormon and the modern day prophet. That is NOT right. I have a problem with the horny men wanting more than one wife for his own sexual pleasures because he said GOD told him to.

Judged:

18

14

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#10 Oct 14, 2011
Me. I say they are not Christians. If you believe in JESUS CHRIST then the buck stops there. NO need to believe in some modern day prophet. What can this prophet do for you that JESUS can't? Does this prophet have powers. To believe in anything other than GOD-JESUS/CHRIST-the bible....outside of those things everything else is wrong.

Judged:

19

16

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#11 Oct 14, 2011
Mommy2Bof3 wrote:
Please visit www.lds.org for an accurate description of the LDS, or Mormon, beliefs. What I have posted above are the 13 Articles of Faith. They are an outline of what the LDS church believes. As you can see, we DO believe in Jesus Christ and in the Bible. ;)
You also believe in some modern day prophet that goes against the teachings of the bible.

Judged:

13

12

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mommy2Bof3

United States

#12 Oct 14, 2011
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>You also believe in some modern day prophet that goes against the teachings of the bible.
Who was Moses? Noah? Samuel? Elijah? Jonah? They were prophets. In the Bible. The Bible does mention prophets and revelation. It also claims that God is unchanging. The same yesterday, today, and forever. Well, He revealed His will to man in the past, He continues to do so now, and He will do so in the future. To claim that He HAS changed over time is calling God a liar.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mommy2Bof3

United States

#13 Oct 14, 2011
Again, a lot of what you claim we believe are lies. Visit www.lds.org or www.mormon.org and all of your questions about the Book of Mormon will be answered by those who have actually read it instead of those who have never even seen a real copy.

Judged:

14

12

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#14 Oct 14, 2011
Mommy2Bof3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was Moses? Noah? Samuel? Elijah? Jonah? They were prophets. In the Bible. The Bible does mention prophets and revelation. It also claims that God is unchanging. The same yesterday, today, and forever. Well, He revealed His will to man in the past, He continues to do so now, and He will do so in the future. To claim that He HAS changed over time is calling God a liar.
Again they are ALL in the bible. Your prophet is not. Why is he needed? Why isn't JESUS enough? The bible does mention FALSE PROPHETS and your guy is a false prophet.

Judged:

17

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#15 Oct 14, 2011
The buck stops with the bible....anything after the bible claiming to be the word of GOD is NOT.

Judged:

13

13

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#16 Oct 15, 2011
Having been born and raised in the LDS church I can state without hesitation that the LDS church is NOT Christian. It is Christian wannabe.

Judged:

22

18

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Getflushed

San Jose, CA

#17 Oct 15, 2011
Mommy2Bof3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was Moses? Noah? Samuel? Elijah? Jonah? They were prophets. In the Bible. The Bible does mention prophets and revelation. It also claims that God is unchanging. The same yesterday, today, and forever. Well, He revealed His will to man in the past, He continues to do so now, and He will do so in the future. To claim that He HAS changed over time is calling God a liar.
The Revelation states clearly that anyone adding, or detracting from the Scripture is apostate and anti-Christ. Mormons have added to Scripture, especially with their "Pearl of Great Price."

Mormons deny the virgin birth. They claim Jesus Christ is actually the Archangel Michael, which makes them angel worshipers, something the Scripture specifically condemns. Mormons claim their men can each be a god of a planet, and that God Himself was a man, who impregnated Mary.

It's all sickness and want. Mormons need to repent and destroy all of their temples.

Judged:

19

16

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 11

Dousman

#18 Oct 15, 2011
Christian=Christ=The Bible=do not ADD or SUBTRACT from the word of God. They're not Christians because it was completely made up by some kid who wanted to get girls, so wrote a book of rules saying that it was okay. He's as crazy as the inventor of Christian Scientists, who had a phone installed in her coffin because she thought she would one day come back to life, and wanted to be able to call someone to let her out.

Judged:

11

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 11

Dousman

#19 Oct 15, 2011
Mommy2Bof3 wrote:
Please visit www.lds.org for an accurate description of the LDS, or Mormon, beliefs. What I have posted above are the 13 Articles of Faith. They are an outline of what the LDS church believes. As you can see, we DO believe in Jesus Christ and in the Bible. ;)
The BIBLE says not to ADD or subtract from the word of God. It's says that the bible is God's ONLY true word. Therefore, the book of mormon is completely untrue. Sorry.

Judged:

14

12

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 11

Dousman

#20 Oct 15, 2011
Mommy2Bof3 wrote:
<quoted text>Who was Moses? Noah? Samuel? Elijah? Jonah? They were prophets. In the Bible. The Bible does mention prophets and revelation. It also claims that God is unchanging. The same yesterday, today, and forever. Well, He revealed His will to man in the past, He continues to do so now, and He will do so in the future. To claim that He HAS changed over time is calling God a liar.
If God is unchanging, then why would he have to add something to the bible? That would be changing what he had originally.

Judged:

15

13

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 1601
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 41 min raider4life 15,247
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 4 hr KiMare 623
Home-schooling parents relieved over passage of... (Mar '14) 11 hr Brenda Stiles 2
Why LDS wives dislike sex (Apr '10) 16 hr HornyLDSwife 13
Review: SLC 1st Class Locksmith (Feb '14) Sun flapjak911 2
Police seek person of interest in SLC homicide Sat mom guera 1
Utah Companies Reject "Controversial" Pro-Gay B... Sep 26 Belle Sexton 3

North Salt Lake Jobs

North Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

North Salt Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North Salt Lake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]