LDS Apostle visited Tonga

LDS Apostle visited Tonga

There are 29828 comments on the Matangi Tonga story from Feb 24, 2014, titled LDS Apostle visited Tonga. In it, Matangi Tonga reports that:

Elder Neil L. Andersen, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, During their short stay in Tonga, the Apostle met and counseled church leaders to hasten the work of the Lord in Tonga.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Matangi Tonga.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#8759 Jul 25, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
First, Jesus entered a people full of sexual perversion(Paul ascertained that fact by his talks against sex perversion including those engaging in same sex activity), Jesus ascertained racism and bigotry were ripe as he engaged in it for a long while himself and one of his own very apostles he chose would become a thief of greed and corruption. Jesus and his apostles and his followers and the house of Israel gave us all of that and you twistedly think Mormons cornered the market on those things? Why are you so stupid at moments like this? Why are you so delusionally ignorant of facts? Why the self deception?
The church Jesus set forth became so filled with the perversions you stated and so many more that if we measure them with the stupidity of reasoning you use for Mormons it makes Jesus a false god by your reasoning and all the apostles liars, thieves and whatever else.
In desperation to save a bunch of perverts, freaks, and murders, you debase the real Jesus. That shows the pathetic nature of your own soul, how sick it truly is. You want and have a God that is filth and a pig to rule you. The Mormon church is perfect for you.

Marysville, CA

#8760 Jul 25, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>

If Jesus stated Satan can't over come his church, then Satan can't over come his church then, before or after. That's the meaning from your perspective. But the fact is Satan prevailed against the church of God several times.
How come Satan overcome a church before there was a church? And how is it that you can't comprehend that Jesus was very much only talking about the church Peter was going to be the rock for? Stupidity isn't going to save Mormonism.

Marysville, CA

#8761 Jul 25, 2014
piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>
but history doesn't say that dude...
you are forgetting you can lead an idiot to water... you are led there by satan every day... but you can't change history.
1 Billion followers is the proof God's church didn't go anywhere. 16 wannabe million is crap in comparison. Is math also a problem for you?

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#8762 Jul 25, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, explain that home run, that makes Jesus look like a loser. Do you also think Jesus is a loser? Because that is what Mormonism is giving you.
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-mes...

Dana,

Stop being such a pessimist, Jesus conquered death n bcoz of this all mankind will also, Jesus ransomed us from sin, by virtue of t Atonement of JC, I don't see where He is on t losing end of t game.

Your obsession w Peter n t gates of Hades, has come to pass, Satan thought he had Peter on check, but t Master knew better.

Peter was a rock even unto death he was victorious n though entrusted him w t keys of t Kingdom, Peter, showed no fear n returned home w unwavering faith n commitment to t cause in which He was entrusted.

Like t Lord, Peter's Sunday will come n like u my brother trust in t Lord n I promise your Sunday will come too.

Marysville, CA

#8763 Jul 25, 2014
tongangodz wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-mes...
Dana,
Stop being such a pessimist, Jesus conquered death n bcoz of this all mankind will also, Jesus ransomed us from sin, by virtue of t Atonement of JC, I don't see where He is on t losing end of t game.
Your obsession w Peter n t gates of Hades, has come to pass, Satan thought he had Peter on check, but t Master knew better.
Peter was a rock even unto death he was victorious n though entrusted him w t keys of t Kingdom, Peter, showed no fear n returned home w unwavering faith n commitment to t cause in which He was entrusted.
Like t Lord, Peter's Sunday will come n like u my brother trust in t Lord n I promise your Sunday will come too.
I don't recall Jesus putting a time limit on the church Peter built. But the church he built was Christ's church and if it failed after Peter died, than Christ failed, and the gates of hades did overcome it. Christ didn't build a church to just last one lifetime. That's just silly, and you are grasping for straws to cover up faulty teachings of a faulty church. With the LDS church teaches, it is teaching that Jesus is a two time loser, setting up his church in the Old World and the New, and both failing in a miserable way. Jesus should have stayed home for all the good he did according to you.

Location hidden

#8764 Jul 26, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall Jesus putting a time limit on the church Peter built. But the church he built was Christ's church and if it failed after Peter died, than Christ failed, and the gates of hades did overcome it. Christ didn't build a church to just last one lifetime. That's just silly, and you are grasping for straws to cover up faulty teachings of a faulty church. With the LDS church teaches, it is teaching that Jesus is a two time loser, setting up his church in the Old World and the New, and both failing in a miserable way. Jesus should have stayed home for all the good he did according to you.
Who said one person can't make a difference, did not know who Jesus Christ is n therefore tell me again how He lost of failed, get a grip on yourself, lol, t only thing faulty here is your faith man.

Marysville, CA

#8765 Jul 26, 2014
tongangodz wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said one person can't make a difference, did not know who Jesus Christ is n therefore tell me again how He lost of failed, get a grip on yourself, lol, t only thing faulty here is your faith man.
You can pretend, but 1,500 years without his church is a failure by any definition of the word. That makes the Jesus you follow a liar and a false prophet.

Marysville, CA

#8766 Jul 26, 2014
tongangodz wrote:
<quoted text>
My faith is wonderful, my Christ has never lost, yours has.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#8767 Jul 26, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
God can't more Apostles if they were needed? Are you smoking crack? Does your brain work on any given day? Moses was called by God from a burning bush. Paul was called to be an Apostle and wasn't even a member. So because you think the Apostles couldn't get together, or the last one didn't call a new old(which is it by the way, the Apostles couldn't get together or the last one didn't appoint one, please decide) the church that Jesus said the gates of hades would not overcome, failed? So Jesus, according to you and the LDS church, was a false prophet and a liar. He must have been lazy also to not replace them, if they were really needed. But they weren't really needed, because the church didn't die, it grew. It continued to grow for 2,000 years. It continued to grow till it has over a billion followers. Ir continued to grow because the Holy Spirit has never left, despite some perverts claim, and has been working from the beginning. Yes, freaks and perverts, like Muhammad and Joseph Smith, have tried to defeat it for their own glory and perversions. But have always lost. They are just more proof that Jesus didn't lie, this time concerning false prophets. Any idiot can claim to be a prophet, those two among many more are proof of that. But they are always exposed to be the jokes they are. The collection of losers they are. The proof there is a sucker born every minute.
when people are not following god he makes people have consequences.... dana you are living in a time where the gospel is restored these things are all prophesied in the bible...

it is quite evident you have not read the bible... or try to study it... i feel for you... this is a great time on this earth... you should rejoice we have the church and prophets at this time... but you do the opposite and resist the church and the gospel...

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#8768 Jul 26, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
My faith is wonderful, my Christ has never lost, yours has.
there is only one jesus christ that was crucified that is the christ we believe in... we believe he died for everyone's sins so we can return to father in heaven... through his crucifixion comes salvation but only with repentance... don't be a fool.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#8769 Jul 26, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's where you're just staying ignorant. Mouse gets it and many others get it and it has nothing to do with making the LDS church true or false. But you're too fricking blind to see the obvious.
If Jesus stated Satan can't over come his church, then Satan can't over come his church then, before or after. That's the meaning from your perspective. But the fact is Satan prevailed against the church of God several times.
The church God set upon Adam to teach all his generations was overcome by Satan and his influence. They stopped obeying the commandments God gave to them through prophets. Satan destroyed that church and God destroyed the people for their wickedness. But though there's weak evidence of it, you can bet if Noah was saving animals, he was saving ancient writings too since the days of Adam to be put on that ship.
Noah was the next prophet and then Abraham, And they led the church by the words of God given to them by revelation and through ancient writings. Then Satan had his way and destroyed whatever existed of the church and the people became disobedient and then the slaves of Egyptians for centuries.
Then we have Moses a new prophet and leader that would establish the church of God again. And after Moses died we have periods of time when after the church killed the then existing prophet(s), the word of God came to them no more till God raised up another prophet. And when a prophet didn't exist to lead God's church, all the people had were ancient writings and oral stories.
And that is where the church was when Jesus came on the scene. John the baptist was the new prophet raised up after about a period of 3 to four centuries with no prophet since Malachi. John testified of the wickedness and disobedience of the church as he berated the priests who came to listen and watch him, some coming to be baptised. And like Jesus and the apostles, the people of God hated them all.
Jesus's statement was that as long as his people obeyed him and followed his commandments, hell would never prevail against them as it had in times past.
Your post reminds me of AMERICAN PIE.

Everyone has their own interpretation of the song.

Can you teach me how to dance real slow?

Location hidden

#8770 Jul 26, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You make Jesus sound like a loser from your twisted perspective that the church of God exists in 2014 as it did when Jesus led it even if that factually isn't true.
The church that Jesus set forth when he was alive, it wasn't the first time he set forth his church with followers. He did it several times up to his birth. And his church he set forth continued AS LONG as the members were obedient to his commandments. When they stopped obeying his commandments, the church became no more. All that existed were oral stories, ancient writings and faith. No prophet(s), no leaders, no church formation.
The marching band refused to yield.

And in the streets, the children screamed,
The lovers cried and the poets dreamed,
But not a word was spoken,
The church bells all were broken.

Location hidden

#8771 Jul 26, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
No. We have a bunch of rogue followers of an ancient doctrine. Nothing more. And obviously as Jesus said in many ways, the Spirit of God will visit and be with the righteous of mind even if they don't belong to his church as various Romans and Samaritans proved it true who were not part of his church.
One Lord, One faith, One baptism in no way equates to a billion followers with thousands of different ways to believe in God and each claiming to be the correct way. That's defined in the NT as confusion and confusion is not of God. Confusion is of Satan. And that's why Satan destroyed the church Jesus set forth not once but several times.
Some day you'll hopefully understand that.
Well, I know that you're in love with him,
'Cause I saw you dancin' in the gym,
You both kicked off your shoes,
Man, I dig those rhythm and blues.

Location hidden

#8772 Jul 26, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
First, Jesus entered a people full of sexual perversion(Paul ascertained that fact by his talks against sex perversion including those engaging in same sex activity),
Back to basics.

Location hidden

#8773 Jul 26, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy crap if there's such a thing, read the fricking NT, would you? We have eight missing gospels. Can you comprehend the significance of that fact? Information from eight other apostles of Jesus concerning his birth to his death are missing. So all we have are four gospels, Acts by Luke and the later writings of Paul. That's it. And you like some fricking bone head think all the info of God is in those ancient writings?
After the death of Jesus and Judas did his thing, the remaining eleven as a quorum or as a single body of leaders had to be together to elect a new apostle. They proved that because it states that's how they did it. So each following time an apostle needed to be had, they came together and prayed and cast lots. That's a fact of the new testament.
But if you read the NT and some other sources, you would understand the capacity for all the remaining apostles to be called to elect someone for a missing position became harder and harder especially with deaths and imprisonments and distance. It became an impossibility to continue to meet.
That's why apostles no longer were called. It became an impossibility to meet to pray and to chose another apostle. So the last apostle died off and the power and authority Jesus gave those apostles, it died with them. Just as the power and authority given to every single past prophet in the OT died with them at their death.
And the last apostle to die didn't pass his power and authority on to anyone else. If he had passed that power and authority onto another, they would have been an apostle, not a bishop, not a seventy, not a deacon, not an elder, not a missionary. They would have been an apostle. And when that apostle was ready to die, he would have transferred his power and authority onto another worthy of it. And so by your reasoning we today would have existing a single solitary prophet leading all of Christianity, or at least leading those that recognized him as an apostle. But he doesn't exist does he.
And you just don't claim to have faith in God, ordain yourself a disciple with the power of God and lay your hands on others as the apostles did. Never happened that way. And for those like you 2000 years ago who did that, Jesus had words for them. He doesn't know them. He doesn't recognize them. Their works are of him. They may believe in him and even have faith in him but he doesn't recognize them for their works are of their own, not God.
And you fail to understand that because you're so blind and it doesn't have to be that way. So long as you entertain the hate and malice of thought you do for others, you will remain blind to what God has for you to understand.
And the saga continues.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#8774 Jul 26, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the saga continues.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nJqutsPF_lsXX
3 out of 5 of your last posts were from youtube... you are doing a nomo....

Location hidden

#8775 Jul 26, 2014
piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>
3 out of 5 of your last posts were from youtube... you are doing a nomo....
Please excuse my indulgences.

I didn't have time to read and absorb NoSurpriseSteppedInShit's dazzling theses.

I was too busy scratching my balls.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8776 Jul 26, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
Please excuse my indulgences.
I didn't have time to read and absorb NoSurpriseSteppedInShit's dazzling theses.
I was too busy scratching my balls.
Need any help? I'm a good scratcherer.

Location hidden

#8777 Jul 26, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been asked to sell a testicle to science.

John Hopkins offered me $35,000.00. I asked for $100,000.00.

My left nut has caused me nothing but trouble so I'm thinking about it.

Maybe you can get a package deal if you sell both?

Location hidden

#8778 Jul 26, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hihihi....he does need some help...in his behalf m thanking u in advance...lololol. Was up dude u good, right, good day man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Opposing sides in Mormon rift unite for survey ... 4 hr Lynette 17
News Opponents urge Utah lawmakers to drop 'weird, u... 15 hr Magic Utah Uwear 1
Need Content? Articles, Blog Posts, Newsletters... Fri Quality Web Content 1
Review: IloveKickboxing West Valley City Wed Carmen 22
Wake Up Mormons ( REPENT ) ( REPENT ) Wed Mayra 6
News $50K reward for capture of fugitive polygamist ... Feb 21 Becky 13
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... (Apr '16) Apr '16 jsmetzgerin 1

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages