LDS Apostle visited Tonga

LDS Apostle visited Tonga

There are 29828 comments on the Matangi Tonga story from Feb 24, 2014, titled LDS Apostle visited Tonga. In it, Matangi Tonga reports that:

Elder Neil L. Andersen, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, During their short stay in Tonga, the Apostle met and counseled church leaders to hasten the work of the Lord in Tonga.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Matangi Tonga.

KeepAgitating GodsWaiting

Gridley, CA

#4063 Jun 9, 2014
Donut is Goebbels level creepy

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#4064 Jun 9, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Christ was going to provide, not so the guy could be left alone fending for himself.
Isn't God providing through the Church?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4065 Jun 9, 2014
tongangodz wrote:
<quoted text>
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
One more for t road, babe I gotta church.
malo babe...lele mai e fie 'uma atu ia ka koe...hahaha...toe tuku peia he ko raider 'ena tu'u tu'afale...haha..sorry koe 'ai pe ketau kata...but seriously u r t perfect gentleman.. Love u

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#4066 Jun 9, 2014
piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't God providing through the Church?
According to your account, no.

Location hidden

#4067 Jun 9, 2014
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> tuku keu tele'i ai leva e toenga la'i ulu ho feleni...hihihihihihi...e lava pe keu tele'i mo koe...hihihihihi
hahaha...maama koe toko moe si'i fk'ofa...ka ko hoku lou'ulu Fe teke tele?..lol...'asinga fele hoku ngaahi lou'ulu...lol...kelo pea toe momoho!hihihi

Marysville, CA

#4068 Jun 9, 2014
piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>
works your behavior what you do and why you do it is part of grace... anyone can argue one word... you don't even believe in Genesis. come on Dana read and pray about what you are talking about. ponder what you are saying and you can know the truth.
You can't give even one verse in the Bible that says works will save you. Not one. I'm giving you a very clear verse that tells you how you receive salvation and why.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

You can either trust God or not. If you are trying to justify your salvation by your works, you are not trusting God.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#4069 Jun 9, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your account, no.
you liar... i said they helped.

you are a friggin' sociopathic liar.

Marysville, CA

#4070 Jun 9, 2014
Zorri wrote:
<quoted text>
[email protected] my time trying to make a babe...hahaha...ur so funny my friend! I think u just gave me a brilliant idea for winter..lol. Glad ur doing fine!
Why wait for winter? Anytime is a good time to start!

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#4071 Jun 9, 2014
they paid all my bills and feed my family for 3 months in a row... that's what I said...

they gave me a job... that was walking distance from where i lived.

they helped me in every way I asked them too... plus in ways I didn't ask but needed.

the relief society provided furniture silverware, everything when i got an apartment.

I was always provided for.

Marysville, CA

#4072 Jun 9, 2014
piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>
so you are saying they should have paid everything for me?
I should have taken advantage of them?
That is not how I am. I want to follow Christ and live for him not take advantage and mislead people.
If you were working at Deseret Industries, they provided only a job, and not a very good one if you had to work two to make ends meet. They were taking advantage on you, because they make a profit at Deseret Industries. Everything they sell is given to them for free. So there is no expense there.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#4073 Jun 9, 2014
maybe you just don't understand the meaning of being blessed.

I didn't have to work at 7-11 with the possibility of being robbed and shot. I was provided for.

Location hidden

#4074 Jun 9, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wait for winter? Anytime is a good time to start!
hahaha..oh ok! LOL
thanx my friend...

Location hidden

#4075 Jun 9, 2014
piratefighting wrote:
maybe you just don't understand the meaning of being blessed.
I didn't have to work at 7-11 with the possibility of being robbed and shot. I was provided for.
Hey Mouse...how u going? What an awesome testimony. U truly inspire me...beat down in life, yet u r able to get up again...n again n again! Bless u

Gridley, CA

#4076 Jun 9, 2014
Donut's a Goebbels level creepy, sociopath who thinks because he lies loudly
it's like speaking truth.

21 “Not everyone who says to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them,‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

"James 2:14-17
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?

If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them,“Go in peace, be warmed and filled,”
without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?

So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't give even one verse in the Bible that says works will save you. Not one. I'm giving you a very clear verse that tells you how you receive salvation and why.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#4077 Jun 9, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
You can either trust God or not. If you are trying to justify your salvation by your works, you are not trusting God.
In a 1 minute search I came up with 4

Matthew 5:16
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 16:27
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

John 6:29
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 9:4
4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
-he is talking about the dark ages...(the night cometh)

Marysville, CA

#4078 Jun 9, 2014
KeepAgitating GodsWaiting wrote:
Donut's a Goebbels level creepy, sociopath who thinks because he lies loudly
it's like speaking truth.
21 “Not everyone who says to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them,‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
"James 2:14-17
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?
If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them,“Go in peace, be warmed and filled,”
without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?
So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
<quoted text>
And it doesn't say the works will save you. Keep playing, and good luck.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#4079 Jun 9, 2014
this is not a mormon site... but christian non-the-less and words things very well.

http://www.kingjamesbibleverse.com/definition...
The gospel of salvation by grace "shows that good works are necessary.

http://www.kingjamesbibleverse.com/definition...

Marysville, CA

#4080 Jun 9, 2014
piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>
In a 1 minute search I came up with 4
Matthew 5:16
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 16:27
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
John 6:29
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
John 9:4
4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
-he is talking about the dark ages...(the night cometh)
And the 3rd is saying the works that save is believing in Christ, not good works. The other 3 do not say works will save you.

Gridley, CA

#4081 Jun 9, 2014
It says that's exactly what will sociopath.
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And it doesn't say the works will save you. Keep playing, and good luck.

Gridley, CA

#4082 Jun 9, 2014
And says specifically your claim of faith, won't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals she's ... 13 min Bull Durham 4
Jayden Sterzer (Apr '16) Sun Mom3 13
whats trump and ryne up to is that the best hea... Sun people that care 1
News Man tattoos LeBron James' crying face on his leg Jun 24 Bryan Fischer s H... 3
News 6 miners in Utah remain trapped - (Aug '07) Jun 23 indict dick cheney 3
News 3rd hole planned to reach Utah miners (Aug '07) Jun 23 mosaic causes asthma 3
Get Research Chems and opiates Jun 18 Shop1 1

North Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Salt Lake Mortgages