Trooper fired after fatal crash

Trooper fired after fatal crash

There are 290 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Jan 6, 2008, titled Trooper fired after fatal crash. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

A trooper whose speeding police cruiser hit a woman's car in October, killing her and injuring her 7-year-old son, has been fired, according to State Police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
hudson valley emt

United States

#325 May 3, 2008
cabbage patch bitch,
last time i checked the ny state police wear GREY uniforms shirts with purple collar brass and during the winter purple ties. their pants are grey with a black stripe. the belts are black the boots are black their socks are grey their stetsons are grey as well.. where do you get brown from? are you color blind? also where do you get about 100 grand a year? 60-70 a year maybe but not 100 unless they're higher up like major. get your facts together you dumb bitch
cabbage patch

Geneva, NY

#326 May 4, 2008
I guess some of the brown shirts did not take any history classes while in school.I will leave the eternal brother of stupids to figure that out . But that being said ,there is one bright spot I can talk about .And that is the when one of the brown shirts near Syracuse tried to run down a motorcycle with a blazer .Only a real moron would try such a stunt .But el-stupidio tried just that and he ended up Killing himself( thank God he was only able to kill himself because we all know if he murdered another innocent NYer he would have been lauded some kind of hero. But as I say we are now one less brown shirt down .A little clue for you MRS EMT moron ,Hitler would have been proud of the brownshirt troopers we have today pretending to protect the public while they murder at will and collect there checks and blood pension money .
TROOPERS WIFE

New York, NY

#327 May 4, 2008
Hey hudson valley emt- my husband isn't a major and he makes well over $100,000 so do many of the troopers. Get your facts straight.

“Shonda, I Miss you”

Since: Dec 07

North Rose

#328 May 5, 2008
hudson valley emt wrote:
too bad your daughter didnt know how to think ahead.. even if the trooper was doing 127 mph or 83 mph she should've been able to see the lights coming towards her and known that an emergency vehicle was coming towards her and to get over to the right as far as she could, meaning if she had to make the right onto fifth rd and be prepared for anything. sorry lady, i still feel your daughter would still be alive if she knew how to drive even with the clean record she had she didnt know how to plan ahead
She was making a left turn get your facts straight and she was in position to make the turn. He was coming around the curve and since you have LIVED there you know how much time it is from the curve to fifth road. If I was you I would get the straight facts before you talk bad about Shonda.
hudson valley emt

Maybrook, NY

#329 May 8, 2008
ok, so she was making a left turn onto fifth...big deal.. if she had paid attention to her mirrors like a good driver she wouldve seen him because theres a long straight away between brown road and fifth road heading towards rochester and unless the trooper was doing over 200 there is no way she didnt see him before going around the curve at fifth..........
troopers wife.... ok, maybe this day and age troopers are making over 100k a year with overtime and stuff like that.. back when i had family in the troopers they were only making 50 and 60 a year, but i also know troopers today arent making 100g's starting out and my pitch wasnt towards the troopers, it was towards cabbage patch who thinks all troopers do is go around pulling people over and making sure they pay thier taxes....not their job last time i checked....thats why there is the IRS
hudson valley emt

Maybrook, NY

#330 May 8, 2008
cabbage patch bitch..... what makes you think i'm a MRS??? FYI i am a male, with a penis, not a vagina like you have.. put a pad in your vagina before you bleed to death

“Shonda, I Miss you”

Since: Dec 07

North Rose

#331 May 10, 2008
hudson valley emt wrote:
ok, so she was making a left turn onto fifth...big deal.. if she had paid attention to her mirrors like a good driver she wouldve seen him because theres a long straight away between brown road and fifth road heading towards rochester and unless the trooper was doing over 200 there is no way she didnt see him before going around the curve at fifth..........
troopers wife.... ok, maybe this day and age troopers are making over 100k a year with overtime and stuff like that.. back when i had family in the troopers they were only making 50 and 60 a year, but i also know troopers today arent making 100g's starting out and my pitch wasnt towards the troopers, it was towards cabbage patch who thinks all troopers do is go around pulling people over and making sure they pay thier taxes....not their job last time i checked....thats why there is the IRS
You need to pay attention, the report from the NYSPD shows no fault of Shonda's. So keep sayding it was her fault and show how out of touch you really are. CAN YOU SAY....HE LOST CONTROL OF HIS CAR AND WAS ALL OVER THE ROAD. Even if she was at the right and stopped as the law says she would have been hit anyway. I love how you jump in the middle of this and think you know the facts when you don't know anything.
velvet

Rochester, NY

#332 Aug 16, 2008
Sorry, guys but this "Yielding to emergency vehicles" does not hold water in this case. It is an easy comment to make when you do not see the road on a daily basis. THINK about this...

First of all, there is a curve in the road coming up to that intersection from the east. Been there, done that many times--If this woman was pulled to the left to make a left hand turn and the trooper was coming at her at 127 MPH, if she was LUCKY she might have seen a single flash. Not enough time to react.

SECOND of all, in that scenario where she was on the left of the lane preparing for a left turn, would it not in the rational mind have been quicker to make that turn than to pull off the road on the RIGHT side? Move to the right? Use your brain, woman, if you have one; when you are preparing to turn, MOST people are nearly stopped. When, with an oncoming vehicle at 127 MPH would she have had time to pull to the right????????? ARGHHH!

AND how about...IF he saw her (which at that speed I highly doubt) why then did he not pass her on the right as opposed to the left when her intention must at that point have been quite obvious?

Well, I guess any rational mind can come to the conclusion that at that speed there was no time to think, no time to react whatsoever--and of course he lost complete control over the vehicle.

Yes, I want an emergency vehicle to get to me as soon as possible too; however, not at the risk of endangering everyone else in its path. This was an assist in the apprehension of a suspected drug offender; not a fire or accident where lives were held in the balance. Perhaps he wasn't a "cowboy", but obviously his judgment was extremely poor. Regardless of his intentions, this trooper acted in a totally irresponsible manner and it cost a life. If that were you or me, it would be considered "vehicular manslaughter" and we would be penalized accordingly. We would lose much more than our jobs. I agree that with this kind of judgment and lack of insight this person should not be carrying a gun and driving a state vehicle. He may be the nicest guy in the world but he is not trooper matierial; simple as that.
Manuel Labore

Leesburg, FL

#333 Aug 26, 2008
He risked his life too, pin a medal on him!! Sad situation, I feel for everyone but don't put this young trooper out of a job!! This was a terrible accident!!!
Manuel Labore

Leesburg, FL

#334 Aug 26, 2008
If he coming to my house when someone is breaking in I hope this does not discouage other police from coming as quickly as possible in life and death matters!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Rose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Jul '16 josephbarkley 20
News Mott's strikers get boost from grocery workers'... (Jul '10) Jun '16 Melysa reid 14
slut wife (Dec '15) May '16 Curious 3
wife sharing (Oct '07) Apr '16 SharedWife4Fun 14
Impeach Obama Mar '16 zeke the pinhead 1
News Deputies: 16-yr-old stole car, led police on chase (Dec '15) Jan '16 DIAMOND DAISY ALERT 3
Experienced slut trainee seeking new pupil (May '14) May '14 Need my girl trained 2

North Rose Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Rose Mortgages