Trooper fired after fatal crash

Trooper fired after fatal crash

There are 290 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Jan 6, 2008, titled Trooper fired after fatal crash. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

A trooper whose speeding police cruiser hit a woman's car in October, killing her and injuring her 7-year-old son, has been fired, according to State Police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Bob

New York, NY

#1 Jan 6, 2008
127 Mph. I am in the Emergency Responders category, but really. When are people going to realize that that is with excess speed In my opinion.
mokondis

United States

#2 Jan 6, 2008
A very smart move. This state does not need a cowboy behind a gun and muscle car. It should be obvious that this office has very bad judgement.
Raydog

Albion, NY

#4 Jan 6, 2008
The decision the state troopers made restores my faith in them.
No respect

Rochester, NY

#5 Jan 6, 2008
If I'm in trouble, I want the police to come as fast as they can! This event is a tragedy for all involved.
Raydog

Albion, NY

#7 Jan 6, 2008
No respect wrote:
If I'm in trouble, I want the police to come as fast as they can! This event is a tragedy for all involved.
My proof is MR SPEEDY DID NOT I REPEAT DID MAKE IT TO THE SCENE HE WAS CALLED TO SO YOUR FAST AS THEY CAN METHOD DOES NOT WORK.the faster you go the less CONTROL YOU HAVE.THAT MISTAKE IS WHY YOU GET A TICKET.i know someone will say they are trained wich help but does not make you superman or women.
jimr52

United States

#8 Jan 6, 2008
Gee, I thought you were supposed to yield to emergency vehicles. The trooper with lights and sirens activated was responding to assist a Sheriff; he was not acting like a “cowboy”. It’s too bad that this event unfolded as it did, but to fire the trooper is the wrong thing to do. Think about this when you call 911.
Jeannie

East Rochester, NY

#9 Jan 6, 2008
And sue they should! He had no business driving 127m/h. Even with light and sirens, if you are stopped to turn, how could you have time get out of the way? He was reckless, and cannot understand why this is not crystal clear to everyone. He killed this mom by driving too fast and not in control for his vehicle. He alone is responsible… and everyone knows it.

Since: Jul 07

Rochester, NY

#11 Jan 6, 2008
Policemen, Firefighters and EMS workers are not exempt from NYS Laws. It is clearly stated that all EMS responding units must use "due regard" when responding to a scene. Not everyone does yield to lights and sirens, if I drive through a red light even with lights and sirens, and I get hit by a driver with the green light, that is MY fault 127 mph is in no way "due regard". It is my responsibility to make sure I arrive at a scene safely, I can never assume the "other person" is going to follow the rules and yield. Safety should always come first. Not only did he leave the Officer that had called for backup in a dangerous situation, he left a 7 year old boy without a Mother.

I am disappointed that a grand-jury found him not criminally responsible. If the senerio played out with a civilian, it would be "Vehicular Manslaughter" at least. Because Officer Kristenson was in the position of authority, he should be MORE accountable in my opinion. He was supposed to "serve & protect".... 127 mph is negligence by any standards.

So he lost his job... someday he will find another job, a 7 year old boy will never get his Mom back.
haha

AOL

#12 Jan 6, 2008
It;s all HER fault. #1 Woman driver , #2 Not yielding to an emergency vehicle. #3 What was she doing with a kid out that late at night. I hope the trooper finds another job and helps protect mankind
TROOPERS WIFE

New York, NY

#13 Jan 6, 2008
This is pure bullshit! I hope Erik gets an attorney and sues to get his job back. He was doing his job and nothing more. It was an accident. He is not a cowboy! If I needed help I would expect them to get here as fast as they could. Don't bitch next time when you all call 911 and they take forever to respond. You're all a bunch of morons!
Raydog

Albion, NY

#15 Jan 6, 2008
jimr52 wrote:
Gee, I thought you were supposed to yield to emergency vehicles. The trooper with lights and sirens activated was responding to assist a Sheriff; he was not acting like a “cowboy”. It’s too bad that this event unfolded as it did, but to fire the trooper is the wrong thing to do. Think about this when you call 911.
After reading your comment i think about the men and women who have fought and are fighting in wars so i can live in a great country SO i can comment.Iam sure it is impossible for the average person with no race car training to get out of the way of a SPEEDING 127MPH COWBOY/EX STATE TROOPER.THE MORE SPEED LESS CONTROL I WILL SAY IT AGAIN MORE SPEED LESS CONTROL.When i do call 911, I DO NOT ASK THEM TO SPEED IT DID NOT WORK OR WILL NOT WORK BETTER LATE THAN NEVER.
Gator-HCS

Loudon, NH

#18 Jan 6, 2008
I'd want a trooper to come as fast as SANELY possible.
This woman lost her life,a son lost his mother,a father and mother lost their daughter.
127 mph-insane and negligent,any civilian would be going to jail.
Fred

Ely, MN

#19 Jan 6, 2008
TROOPERS WIFE wrote:
This is pure bullshit! I hope Erik gets an attorney and sues to get his job back. He was doing his job and nothing more. It was an accident. He is not a cowboy! If I needed help I would expect them to get here as fast as they could. Don't bitch next time when you all call 911 and they take forever to respond. You're all a bunch of morons!
Well you husband killed an innocent civilian, and severely injured a 7 year old boy. I hope this haunts both of you forever. 127 mph? When is that necessary while driving through traffic????
Fred

Ely, MN

#20 Jan 6, 2008
haha wrote:
It;s all HER fault.#1 Woman driver ,#2 Not yielding to an emergency vehicle.#3 What was she doing with a kid out that late at night. I hope the trooper finds another job and helps protect mankind
Very mature. She was STOPPED when the Officer lost control while driving 127 mph.
ixlr8

Syracuse, NY

#21 Jan 6, 2008
explain why i see trooper in brand new hemi charger hauling ass on interstate 81 no lights or siren just hauling ass looked like he was having fun what about the dumbass with the tahoe chasing something that he never hsd a chance at catching especially when he has to turn around. they are all above the law.
joe

Honeoye Falls, NY

#22 Jan 6, 2008
haha wrote:
It;s all HER fault.#1 Woman driver ,#2 Not yielding to an emergency vehicle.#3 What was she doing with a kid out that late at night. I hope the trooper finds another job and helps protect mankind
you are an idiot, that girl was on her way home from work!!!! she just picked up her son from his dads house. also woman are alot better drivers them men, remember it was a man that caused that accident you ***hole!!!
mramericacom

Lake Villa, IL

#23 Jan 6, 2008
I'm sorry but I cant see any reason for anyone to drive that fast on public streets, for any reason. like it was stated earlyer, not making it to a call is much worse than getting there a couple mins later.
haha

AOL

#24 Jan 6, 2008
For your information FRED , she turned into his path , must not of heard the siren or seen the lights , and Joe you must be one of the so called better woman drivers

“Shonda, I Miss you”

Since: Dec 07

North Rose

#25 Jan 6, 2008
haha wrote:
#1 say that to a woman on the police force.#2 when she was in her postiton to turn how did she have enough time to yield?#3 she had been at work and was picking her son up from his dad's house.
TROOPERS WIFE

New York, NY

#26 Jan 6, 2008
Sorry, but he's not my husband ahole! The woman should have moved the hell out of the way period. So go to hell! And severly injured? I think not! A broken leg isn't a severe injury. You're out of your mind if you even have one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Rose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
slut wife (Dec '15) Sep 12 Sid 11
I have few fantasies and my wife doesn't do any (Jun '15) Jun '17 rainmaker2016 2
wife sharing (Oct '07) Jun '17 rainmaker2016 15
my husband is boring (May '14) Jun '17 rainmaker2016 8
sex data,wife, man, book (Jun '14) Jun '17 rainmaker2016 3
News RG&E, NYSEG reporting power outages (Oct '09) May '17 Rob 8
Why are there so many sex offenders in Lyons?? (Jul '11) Apr '17 Real 4

North Rose Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Rose Mortgages