Man Tries Running Over Officers With ...

Man Tries Running Over Officers With Car, Shot 3 Times

There are 39 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Apr 1, 2010, titled Man Tries Running Over Officers With Car, Shot 3 Times. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

A man wanted for a domestic violence incident was shot by police officers Thursday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 10

Basking Ridge, NJ

#22 Apr 2, 2010
I know this man. He's my husband's nephew and he just got out of prison a few months ago. I must say I saw this coming... He needs help.

I'm very glad he didn't hurt anyone during the chase.
heidi deloach

Avon, OH

#23 Apr 3, 2010
Jim D wrote:
this guy never tried to run down the cops, they were standing on the side of his car and opened fire on him and shot off at least 22 rounds. He never hit the building nor the cop car and they did not block him in. lt's a typical case of excessive force. He is a bad guy but was it necessary to shoot him like that with about 12 employees standing there trapped inside the building while this went down? I don't think so, we could have been shot by the cops and then what?
Hi Jim my name is heidiDeloach I am the sister and victim of the domestic violence of Jeffrey Phillips. My brother is not a bad guy he has a cocaine and alcolhol problem and he needs help I know he did not deserve to be shot I would love to talk to you and get your story we can leave you unidentified if you wish to the media but no one who is unarmed should have been treated like that. Your statement will help prove that the police are liars and crooked, just 1 year ago the police in Elyria asaulted my brother and he won a law suit against them for $20,000 because they beat him very bad while in hand cuffs, and a person who has seen it reported it to us and we had our case. Their job is to protect and serve not to liars and use excessive force, there is a thing called police brutality. Now with what you saw can't you agree. Yes my brother may have beat me up but he didn't deserve what he got in return he is my brother and I love him. If you can please help!
Lee

Dover, OH

#24 Apr 3, 2010
nicholas wrote:
Justifiable shoot.:) Good job to the officers. Lethal force was legit.
One less dirtbag on the streets. Here's to hoping he does at least 3 years!
He was not a dirt bag.

“Perfect? NO. Forgiven? YES!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#25 Apr 5, 2010
Duh wrote:
<quoted text> I'll pray for you!
Please don't.
Spec

Ashtabula, OH

#26 Apr 12, 2010
heidi deloach wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Jim my name is heidiDeloach I am the sister and victim of the domestic violence of Jeffrey Phillips. My brother is not a bad guy he has a cocaine and alcolhol problem and he needs help I know he did not deserve to be shot I would love to talk to you and get your story we can leave you unidentified if you wish to the media but no one who is unarmed should have been treated like that. Your statement will help prove that the police are liars and crooked, just 1 year ago the police in Elyria asaulted my brother and he won a law suit against them for $20,000 because they beat him very bad while in hand cuffs, and a person who has seen it reported it to us and we had our case. Their job is to protect and serve not to liars and use excessive force, there is a thing called police brutality. Now with what you saw can't you agree. Yes my brother may have beat me up but he didn't deserve what he got in return he is my brother and I love him. If you can please help!
Wow. That even surprised me. You conspiracy theorists are funny. I am STILL waiting for the big bombshell that says the cops were wrong. My guess is that I will be waiting a long long time.

Heidi, did you miss the part where the GM of Bob Morris, whom I think is going to be a bit more credible than this d-bag "Jim", said that there were only 6-8 shots fired? Did you miss the part where your scumbag brother made threats to run down the cops? I know you don't want to admit it but let's face the facts, your brother is a scumbag that has never contributed anything positive to society. All he is good for is victimizing people. I hope he spends the next 15 years in prison so I don't have to worry about my family being next.

BTW, I loved your quote in the Chronicle about how the police shot your brother as he was WALKING toward them. Nice. Did you not see the car? You are an idiot.
Officers Son

United States

#27 Apr 14, 2010
Fact: Jeffrey Phillips tried to murder two police officers with a car.
When the officers arrived on the scene to serve a domestic violence warrant, they blocked his car with the police cruisers. Jeffrey Phillips saw the officers and ran around the building got into his car, hit the building, rammed the police cruisers and then tried to hit the officers after they chased him out of the building. The officers opened fire. They fired 7 shots, 3 of them hitting the subject.
My only regret is that they didn't shoot a bit better and hit the dirtbag all 7 times.
To Heidi Deloach, stop making excuses for your brother, by your own admission, he beat you up is a drug addict and an alcoholic and tried to MURDER two police officers. You say he's a 'good guy', what is your definition of a 'bad guy?
You say "but no one who is unarmed should have been treated like that". He was armed with a 4000 pound weapon, a car!

Since: Dec 09

United States

#28 Apr 14, 2010
heidi deloach wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Jim my name is heidiDeloach I am the sister and victim of the domestic violence of Jeffrey Phillips. My brother is not a bad guy he has a cocaine and alcolhol problem and he needs help I know he did not deserve to be shot I would love to talk to you and get your story we can leave you unidentified if you wish to the media but no one who is unarmed should have been treated like that. Your statement will help prove that the police are liars and crooked, just 1 year ago the police in Elyria asaulted my brother and he won a law suit against them for $20,000 because they beat him very bad while in hand cuffs, and a person who has seen it reported it to us and we had our case. Their job is to protect and serve not to liars and use excessive force, there is a thing called police brutality. Now with what you saw can't you agree. Yes my brother may have beat me up but he didn't deserve what he got in return he is my brother and I love him. If you can please help!
Love him all you want to, maybe he can get some more 'free' lawsuit money and take you out for some ice cream!
Unarmed? the car is a weapon, dolt. He came at the officers with a 2000 lb projectile, and they returned fire with very little ones. Sound fair to me, it's what I would do.

“We Have A Lot Of Work To Do”

Since: Feb 10

Brecksville

#29 Apr 14, 2010
MySmileyFace wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't.
I have never seen anyone respond to that in the way you just did. Lol. That's great.
Officers Son

United States

#30 Apr 14, 2010
“He made a statement regarding himself that he wanted the officers to shoot him in the head and he wanted to die,” Toni Morgan, a North Ridgeville prosecutor, told Elyria Municipal Court Judge Lisa Locke Graves.“He also made the statement that before they approached him he was going to run his (expletive) down and blow his (expletive) brains out, referring to the officers.”

*WOW* what a nice guy!! <Heavy sarcasm intended>

Phillips was arrested on a DUI charge following another high-speed pursuit in 2008.

*WOW* what a nice guy!! <Heavier sarcasm intended>

Phillips is currently on parole for a 2002 armed robbery and high-speed chase that sent him to prison for six years.

*WOW* what a nice guy!!
<More heavy sarcasm intended>

He beats his sister and she still thinks that he's a 'nice guy'. I find it strange that you seem to hate the police so much but still seek their help when your 'nice guy' brother beats you up.

I'm just grateful that none of the officers were hurt.
BiteMe

Long Beach, CA

#31 Apr 14, 2010
heidi deloach wrote:
Spare me. When I see comments from AYEHOLES like you (yes, the relatives of all those "poor, innocent folks" who are the victims of "police brutality", it makes me livid. First, you claim you're the sister and also a victim of domestic violence at the hands of this POS, right? Then you go on to excuse and condone his actions by claiming "he is not a bad person". Right!! How long is this SOB's RAP Sheet? Please tell us-pretty extensive, I'm willing to bet. No, he's not a bad person-he's just a worthless druggie and career criminal who had no concern for endangering the lives of those officers and the public. You are as worthless and ignorant as your tard brother. You make light of a man beating a woman, almost as if it was of no more importance that what brand of toilet paper you choose to wipe your sorry a$$ with! If only thousands of women (and men) who were murder victims of domestic abuse were alive to read your absurd logic now. I'm sure they'd trade places with you anyday, but they sadly won't get that second chance. It wasn't "police brutality" when those 4 officers from Washington were shot while having coffee. The best thing that came out of that is hopefully laws regarding parolees will be tightened up, and, oh, yeah, another officer DUMPED the POS who shot them. More police brutality? No, good riddance to worthless trash, I say.
You make me laugh. You'd be still whining about what a great guy he was if he'd hit and killed an innocent person or family, and somehow your one functioning brain cell would manage to blame those killed for getting in the way! It's obvious to see the apple (rotten) didn't fall far from YOUR family tree.
lets get it right

Amherst, OH

#32 Apr 15, 2010
Nice to hear all the comments from people that don't have a clue what happened.I find it very strange that people praise the police for shooting an unarmed man in the back and causing the chase. I bet everyone of you would run if being shot at.How do i know they shot him in the back because all the bullet wounds entered from the back and passed through him and out the windshield. So i guess the police are using the excuse of being run down to justify there shooting of a unarmed man in the back these officers made a big mistake i just wish they would stand up an take blame for there misjudgement everyone makes mistakes even the best of us
WOWZA

United States

#33 Apr 15, 2010
unarmed? Really? Attempted to run over the officers with a car, and you say he is unarmed? Look at the photos on the Chronicle website. Bullet holes in the windshield. Was he driving backward to get shot in the back? Too bad they just missed, could've save the taxpayers money on this waste
lets get it right

Lorain, OH

#34 Apr 15, 2010
wowza i see why your a new yorker.lets explain this to you one more time. The bullets all came from the back and side windows. I don't know of to many cars that move sideways. and with the building behind he wasn't going to drive through the building.Guys like you are why the police can get away with shooting unarmed citizens,family pets,and anything else they like to do. Hope some day when your driving down the road and you don't commit a traffic violation that threatens and officer and he shoots you
WOWZA

United States

#35 Apr 16, 2010
Well if that happens it happens. Luckily, I am smart enough, and responsible enough to not have numerous run ins with the law for violent offenses, then run from the police and attempt to run them over. Why, if the police were following him, not pull over and surrender in fron of everyone?..Hmm..Give it up already, we are tired of the criminal element in this workld blaming the police for all their problems. You have a probelm with the police in this country, move to Mexico, they have some real nice officers there
BiteMe

Long Beach, CA

#36 Apr 16, 2010
lets get it right wrote:
Nice to hear all the comments from people that don't have a clue what happened.I find it very strange that people praise the police for shooting an unarmed man in the back and causing the chase. I bet everyone of you would run if being shot at.How do i know they shot him in the back because all the bullet wounds entered from the back and passed through him and out the windshield. So i guess the police are using the excuse of being run down to justify there shooting of a unarmed man in the back these officers made a big mistake i just wish they would stand up an take blame for there misjudgement everyone makes mistakes even the best of us
And I'm from Ca.,(retired from law enforcement with a clean record, by the way) so I guess I'm another ignorant fool for praising the law for shooting an unarmed man? Where I come from, you drive a vehicle and use it as a deadly weapon (especially with a moron behind the wheel) not yield to repeated orders to comply (which would include having enough common sense to pull over when you see blue and red lights behind you) and attempt to run down an officer or civilian, you have just punched your own ticket. An officer has the right to use deadly force against a suspect who is also ARMED-in this case, this loser's weapon of choice was a VEHICLE. No matter that he wasn't armed with a gun, knife, machete, beer bottle, etc.--he was sitll in possession of a deadly weapon. This guy is a menace to society, and really contributes nothing to it, only provide many officers job security. No, not all officer involved shootings are justified, but in this case, this is one scum that the world would be better off without. After he does his time, he'll be out screwing up again-guaranteed.
lets get it right

Lorain, OH

#37 Apr 16, 2010
Bite me glad to know your retired.This is just another case of how police officers have the right to do as they please and are backed by all other police.The only thing he was armed with was a cell phone.The only reason there was a chase was because of misjudgement by the officers.They shot first there was no attempt to run them down they shot at him from the side and rear and then he fled after being shot 4 times think i would run to if someone was trying to kill me.
Whatever

North Ridgeville, OH

#38 Apr 23, 2010
I don't care if they did shoot him in the back. He is a scumbag who does nothing but victimize people. My only fault with this whole thing is that he isn't dead. Hope my family aren't his next victims when he gets out of prison. He has been a loser for his whole life. Nothing will change. Living in mommy and daddy's basement and committing crimes. I hope he gets shanked.
Citizen

United States

#39 May 22, 2010
Whatever wrote:
I don't care if they did shoot him in the back. He is a scumbag who does nothing but victimize people. My only fault with this whole thing is that he isn't dead. Hope my family aren't his next victims when he gets out of prison. He has been a loser for his whole life. Nothing will change. Living in mommy and daddy's basement and committing crimes. I hope he gets shanked.
I hope he doesn't get shanked. I hope he ends up with a bull-queer cellmate with a nickname of piston or ramrod......
bad guy

Cleveland, OH

#40 Aug 22, 2011
Jim D wrote:
this guy never tried to run down the cops, they were standing on the side of his car and opened fire on him and shot off at least 22 rounds. He never hit the building nor the cop car and they did not block him in. lt's a typical case of excessive force. He is a bad guy but was it necessary to shoot him like that with about 12 employees standing there trapped inside the building while this went down? I don't think so, we could have been shot by the cops and then what?
this guy wasnt a bad guy at all i know him he was doing good at his job a arguement with his sister is why the cops came to talk to him the cops risked everyone's life the cops lost control and now they want to blame him how un fair they could of handled it diff like ya said 12 people saw cant keep all of the quite

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Ridgeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lisa Marie Sexton/Missing since 1981 (Dec '09) 13 hr VioletLeVoit 188
News Benjamin J. Westfall (Mar '06) May 18 Nicole 9
Review: Patient First - John Kavlich MD (May '09) Apr 27 Yep 68
News Councilman found guilty (Jun '07) Apr '17 Joseph Monteleone 7
News Former Playboy Playmante Jennifer Jackson found... (Jan '10) Mar '17 Tommybay 30
News Physician Somnath Roy is accused of sex crimes (Nov '07) Feb '17 No name 69
Review: Avon Family Dentistry - Geoffrey L Stef... (Oct '08) Jan '17 UNHAPPY CUSTOMER 58

North Ridgeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Ridgeville Mortgages