Teen Stabbing Suspect to Be Tried as ...

Teen Stabbing Suspect to Be Tried as Adult

There are 42 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Feb 12, 2010, titled Teen Stabbing Suspect to Be Tried as Adult. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

A teenager accused of stabbing a North Ridgeville man to death waived his probable cause hearing Friday, which means that his case will continue in adult court, Fox 8 News reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
abc

Elyria, OH

#1 Feb 12, 2010
fry him.........
Wow People

Farmington, MI

#2 Feb 12, 2010
AMEN abc.... Wonder were all his little buddy friends are at now... RIP Duane Hurley........
IMJUSTSAYIN

AOL

#3 Feb 14, 2010
"Motive" - this kid needs no motive. He is an angry troubled teenager with a history of problems that no one on any jury is probably going to hear. He was a bully, unless you were one of his friends. He also brought a gun to school last year and said he was going to shoot someone. He ran from school and went home. When the police showed up at his house, his dad said that he was not home. A few minutes later, the cops see dad and the son in the car. They got pulled over and dad actually gets arrested for having a concealed weapon - a knife - wonder if dad supplied the knife to slice up Mr. Hurley. Maybe he got caught stealing from Mr. Hurley (again?????) and freaked out not wanting to get in trouble again. Mr. Hurley was friends with the ENTIRE family. The dad was at his house MANY times with his son and the dad did odd jobs for Hurley. I guess if you are accused of two counts of murder and two counts of felonious assault you will say anything to save your skin when you are facing life in prison. Too bad the dead can't say anything back.
chav girl

Lorain, OH

#4 Feb 14, 2010
BB gun.boxcutter the father used for work,daniel never stole from Hurley, you are grasping at straws sweetheart and lying
Wow People

Farmington, MI

#5 Feb 14, 2010
chav girl wrote:
BB gun.boxcutter the father used for work,daniel never stole from Hurley, you are grasping at straws sweetheart and lying
If the lawyer says " he's not a problem kid " 100 more times then maybe people will believe him also.. RIP Duane Hurley..
chav girl

Lorain, OH

#6 Feb 14, 2010
rest in pieces
Wow People

Farmington, MI

#7 Feb 14, 2010
chav girl wrote:
rest in pieces
Don't you sound guilty , don't worry his body was intact but I think what you meant to say was 47 stab wounds... Another day dream believer obviously.. RIP Duane Hurley...
SLA

Elyria, OH

#8 Feb 14, 2010
chav girl wrote:
BB gun.boxcutter the father used for work,daniel never stole from Hurley, you are grasping at straws sweetheart and lying
Ok I know for a fact that dan was stealing from mr hurley because mr hurley told my boyfriend, who cut his grass for him as he was not very well, in person. There were multiple items taken but nothing mr hurley didn't move past for his "friends"
chav girl

Lorain, OH

#9 Feb 14, 2010
SLA wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I know for a fact that dan was stealing from mr hurley because mr hurley told my boyfriend, who cut his grass for him as he was not very well, in person. There were multiple items taken but nothing mr hurley didn't move past for his "friends"
Yea I'm sure, I would be willing to bet every kid Hurley screwed with was stealing from him,Or using drugs,or skipping school,and especially lying about all kinds of things.. Bad boys How did Hurley get away with abusing and manipulating all these years??? Right there//what you wrote is the answer....
SLA

Elyria, OH

#10 Feb 14, 2010
chav girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea I'm sure, I would be willing to bet every kid Hurley screwed with was stealing from him,Or using drugs,or skipping school,and especially lying about all kinds of things.. Bad boys How did Hurley get away with abusing and manipulating all these years??? Right there//what you wrote is the answer....
Not quite. Your response doesn't even make sense for one, and two anything you have to say is void because of your first post, "rest in pieces." A man is dead. He cannot defend himself against any false accusations. And so many people are lowering themselves to the level of the murderer himself for trying to justify stabbing a man to death. Unless you can see yourself stabbing your elder friend with your own two hands then you are not completely supposrtive of dan, doesn't matter if you say otherwise or not. Also, hurley was a big man. It would have taken a lot to kill him with a knife, more than what would have been necessary to escape any type of attack.
chav girl

Lorain, OH

#11 Feb 15, 2010
My response makes sense. He befriended teens that wouldn't want to speak to the police about him and if they did they would not have been believed anyway. One stab hitting the right artery can drop an elephant.
Chav Boy

Cleveland, OH

#13 Feb 15, 2010
Chav Girl, Was he selling the drugs he stole to you??? How much were you paying for each pill??? where are you looking to get your pain killers now? Daniel was caught going through his medicine cabinet in the morning duane threw him out. He Came back in the house because he needed his fix.
chav girl

Lorain, OH

#14 Feb 15, 2010
Chav Boy wrote:
Chav Girl, Was he selling the drugs he stole to you??? How much were you paying for each pill??? where are you looking to get your pain killers now? Daniel was caught going through his medicine cabinet in the morning duane threw him out. He Came back in the house because he needed his fix.
HA HA HA So sad you have to resort to total fabrications...
Joeshmoe

Lorain, OH

#15 Feb 15, 2010
Chav Boy wrote:
Chav Girl, Was he selling the drugs he stole to you???
OMG!! This is ghost box Bob isn't it?
whammy

Cleveland, OH

#16 Feb 16, 2010
That's one less pedophile off the streets!!!
SLA

Elyria, OH

#17 Feb 16, 2010
Chav Boy wrote:
Chav Girl, Was he selling the drugs he stole to you??? How much were you paying for each pill??? where are you looking to get your pain killers now? Daniel was caught going through his medicine cabinet in the morning duane threw him out. He Came back in the house because he needed his fix.
this makes more sense than anything anyone has said yet.
Rumors

Cleveland, OH

#18 Feb 16, 2010
Its that easy to start a rumor! My first hand logic from being the teenage boy over Duane's house. His attorney wants to make a case, that is what they are getting paid to do! It wouldn't stand up in court because no one can proove that anything like that has ever happened. Give Daniel a lie detector, he wouldn't pass it!
Joeshmoe

Lorain, OH

#19 Feb 16, 2010
Anyone that has teenagers in their home wether related to them or not and leaves powerfull meds sitting in the medicine cabinet?? People just don't do that unless they are 90 years old and totally senile.
So you are admitting to totally making that up to make a point about rumors? Duanne hurley has had that particular "rumor" following him thru out his life.Before daniel was even born.
IMJUSTSAYIN

AOL

#20 Feb 16, 2010
chav girl wrote:
BB gun.boxcutter the father used for work,daniel never stole from Hurley, you are grasping at straws sweetheart and lying
Oh, so you can take BB guns to school, tell people you're going to shoot someone with it, and that's just OK. Box cutter for work? Sorry hon but you don't get arrested for carrying a concealed BOX CUTTER! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
IMJUSTSAYIN

AOL

#21 Feb 16, 2010
Joeshmoe wrote:
Anyone that has teenagers in their home wether related to them or not and leaves powerfull meds sitting in the medicine cabinet?? People just don't do that unless they are 90 years old and totally senile.
So you are admitting to totally making that up to make a point about rumors? Duanne hurley has had that particular "rumor" following him thru out his life.Before daniel was even born.
Is that how you people in Lorain County roll? You have to lock up your prescription meds for fear that your house guests will steal it? Sad comment you have just made on your community. Someone has kids mow their lawn, rake leaves, etc.(hey, I hire kids, they're much cheaper than a landscaper), yes, their entire life, and they coach baseball, and you can speculate ALL YOU WANT but that's what it is, speculation. Hurley was NEVER investigated, questioned, charged, or reported by ANYONE at ANY police department EVER for anything inappropriate. That's a FACT JACK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Ridgeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LCCC to go tobacco-free in 2017 Jun 26 Pugh Bickair 1
News Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Jun 16 Roger and Terri 46
News Lorain firefighter pleads no contest to mischie... Jun 14 Gigi 1
Water Heater Jun 11 daveweger 1
waterheater Jun 10 daveweger 1
all these gays? May '16 how about 3
News North Ridgeville honors distinguished alumni fo... May '16 Jane 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Ridgeville Mortgages