Martins Pond: When it rains, it floods

Martins Pond: When it rains, it floods

There are 2 comments on the Boston.com story from Aug 8, 2008, titled Martins Pond: When it rains, it floods. In it, Boston.com reports that:

On a bright summer day, North Reading's Martins Pond seems like the perfect place to paddle about in a canoe or maybe take a quick swim to cool off.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston.com.

Sean

South Easton, MA

#1 Aug 14, 2008
I wouldnt swim in that Pond !
Beth -- former resident

Vienna, VA

#2 Aug 22, 2008
When I heard about this last night, I wondered if it was the water or something else that killed the guy!:-) Seriously, the Martins Pond watershed has been abused for years. For example, the loss of wetlands for a driving range (how did that ever get through?), and the continuing loss downstream. Instead of being the brunt of jokes, why not treat it for what it is, a town resource? Where are the ducks that swam there in my youth? The fishermen at the bridge? All gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Reading Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gang stalking at mass school of law (Oct '15) 8 hr jaywil1245 3
News Maintain pressure (May '08) Aug 5 Berlin Betty 23
why are north reading police such jerks????? al... (Apr '11) Aug 5 Photo ID please 46
News Tyngsboro High teacher quits over 'inappropriat... (May '08) Jul '17 The buck stops here 109
North Andover Gym Teacher Trial? Jul '17 NAmomma 1
News Former Middlesex Prosecutor, Accused of Trading... (Jan '15) Jun '17 hOWS YOUR wEATHER 3
Hallmark Job Opportunity in North Reading May '17 VictorOrians 1

North Reading Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Reading Mortgages