Victim sues Tewksbury, police chief o...

Victim sues Tewksbury, police chief over dispatcher's sex assault

There are 7 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Victim sues Tewksbury, police chief over dispatcher's sex assault. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Four months after former police dispatcher Neil McLaughlin was convicted of sexually assaulting a 21-year-old relative, the woman has sued the town and Police Chief Alfred Donovan for their handling of the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

sue

Lowell, MA

#1 Dec 8, 2007
another person making money on the system welcome to america-crazy she`s a liar.
LOWELL

United States

#2 Dec 8, 2007
sue wrote:
another person making money on the system welcome to america-crazy she`s a liar.
You was not there!! So who are you to say. MAYBE If that was you .You might feel very differently about your answer or done the same.
If it happen or not .It should never ever.
HAPPEN To ANYONE.Life is harder enough.My Heart Goes Out To The VICTIM."SAD" YOU DID THE RIGHT THING,NO ONE SHOULD TAKE AVANTAGE OF SOMEONE.
WHAT'S THIS WORLD COMING TO!!!!!!!!!!
tewksbury tweeties

Reading, MA

#3 Dec 8, 2007
Sue how can u say she is a liar? Where you there?And this suit is not about the case it is about how the case was handled by a PAID TOWN DEPT and most of all it's head! If you can not do your job with out family ties holding you back you should not handle this and should have been handed to the assit. chief. Chief Donovan knew better and worried more about his wife's family looking bad. Well boy does his wife's FAMILY look bad, bro in jail and husband with a long hard working career stained with more dirt from her bro. The bro who, Let us not forget,victim was his NEICE.
kah

AOL

#4 Dec 8, 2007
I say the right at least to point fingers to as who was wrong------are we doing the ignoring thing we did as our children growing up being molested? so now it's adults too..no matter, IT"S WRONG either way, no matter if you're a dishwasher in a chinese-food place---or a cop...plain and simple...
MerryXmasAl

Fall River, MA

#5 Dec 8, 2007
This is just terrific news! Its like an early Xmas gift. Its about time the "law" caught up with the so called "Law" in Tewksbury. This girl had problems, yes., But no one should be treated like she was in every aspect. Can you imagine what she was up against and helpless she felt? I know Al Donovan and I am privy to how he operates. He is an embarrassment to the community and the police department. What goes around comes around and it has come around for Al, but as we see in most complaints against the police, someone will find a way to let him off the hook. Lets just hope that when this young lady wins this settlement, that Al Donovan is held accountable personally.
Katie

AOL

#6 Dec 14, 2007
sue wrote:
I thought there was a recorded tape conversation and a recorded confession and a confession to the Police Department backing up her story. That sounds like pretty good evidence to me.
Jim

Tewksbury, MA

#7 Dec 26, 2012
What does his wife have to do with it? I know her she a good person and nice family. The girl that did the accusing was a conman and has done the same thing to many people including doctors and other people but it wasn't allowed to be presented in court. She is the one who went around and will come around sometime in her life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Reading Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black History Month begins Feb 1 BLM 1
News Pharmacists sell Familiarity (Aug '09) Jan 28 Debbie bolio 22
News Burlington teen is victim in Woburn stabbing in... (Oct '08) Dec '17 Luminalia 2
News Trial set for three Haverhill cops accused of c... (Mar '11) Nov '17 Henry 3
News Man, 60, charged with gas station robbery Nov '17 hammerhead 3
News Backtalk: 4/8/2010 (Apr '10) Oct '17 jeannashobavalley 5
why are north reading police such jerks????? al... (Apr '11) Aug '17 Photo ID please 46

North Reading Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Reading Mortgages