Patrick: Channel your anger

Patrick: Channel your anger

There are 10 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from Jan 22, 2010, titled Patrick: Channel your anger. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

Gov. Deval L. Patrick, delivering his state of the state address just two days after the surprise election of Republican Scott Brown to the U.S. Senate, urged voters to channel their anger in a positive direction.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

USA

Monterey, MA

#1 Jan 22, 2010
Hopefully, Patrick will be one of the unemployed this November.
hmmm

Clockville, NY

#2 Jan 22, 2010
I think what the headline really should read is "Channel your anger ... away from me." Blame somebody - just don't blame me. It's all about self-preservation in the political world.
Reality

United States

#3 Jan 22, 2010
Gov. Deval L. Patrick is an Obama Insider and if you do not realize that already - you have been duped.
gutsygirl

Albany, NY

#4 Jan 22, 2010
Enjoy your final 9 months, Mr. Patrick.
Can not fool me

Williamstown, MA

#5 Jan 22, 2010
Unemployment down? that's because the people on it ran out of benefits, & are no longer on the books, so it looks like unemployment is down. As far as home sales. Of course sales are up. The banks are trying to unload all the foreclosures they have.
sis

Bedford, TX

#6 Jan 24, 2010
To the people of MA and the US. Stay mad as hell and channel it in your vote. If these so called workers of the people are only working to line their pockets as well as their party and friends and forget that they are working for you, remind them by voting them out. And to all you folks sucking at the tit of the government cow: She is dying and drying up. You are being kicked to the side of the road. Wake up and be responsible for yourself and your family. Remember that the check you are receiving is not from the money trees on the White House lawn but from the hard earn money that each private company worker you encounter in your daily life. It is their charity and not the state, union and fed worker who is also sucking at the tit of that dying cow. Small business, and large companies are making your life run!! Thank them and help them work for you!
Justme

Middlefield, MA

#7 Jan 24, 2010
sis wrote:
To the people of MA and the US. Stay mad as hell and channel it in your vote. If these so called workers of the people are only working to line their pockets as well as their party and friends and forget that they are working for you, remind them by voting them out. And to all you folks sucking at the tit of the government cow: She is dying and drying up. You are being kicked to the side of the road. Wake up and be responsible for yourself and your family. Remember that the check you are receiving is not from the money trees on the White House lawn but from the hard earn money that each private company worker you encounter in your daily life. It is their charity and not the state, union and fed worker who is also sucking at the tit of that dying cow. Small business, and large companies are making your life run!! Thank them and help them work for you!
Hey, I'm one of those state workers who is 'sucking...". I have a job, and if I'm laid off, I become another unemployment statistic.
All those teachers, college professors, are working hard just like you.
Patrick asks people to channel their anger, but the people who are angry like you don't have a clue as to what needs to be done. You only know how to spew meaningless hateful messages in this forum.
USA

Monterey, MA

#8 Jan 24, 2010
Justme wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I'm one of those state workers who is 'sucking...". I have a job, and if I'm laid off, I become another unemployment statistic.
All those teachers, college professors, are working hard just like you.
Patrick asks people to channel their anger, but the people who are angry like you don't have a clue as to what needs to be done. You only know how to spew meaningless hateful messages in this forum.
Then offer an alternative...there is good reason for anger...
larry

Broadalbin, NY

#9 Jan 25, 2010
three more years left in nobama years ho ho ho
Justme

Middlefield, MA

#10 Jan 26, 2010
USA wrote:
<quoted text>Then offer an alternative...there is good reason for anger...
Laying off state workers making 50-70,000 per year who work in legitimate jobs isn't the answer.

Did you ever hear the term "corporate welfare"?? Subsidizing business and industry with big tax breaks so that execs can take humongous salaries and then have the audacity to give themselves bonuses while at the same time laying off everyday employees?

Cutting back on state services is an easy target for small minds, who don't want to deal with a bigger and more complex problem of a government that is bullied by mega-corporations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Reading Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State Rep. Jim Miceli prides himself on not tak... (Oct '10) Jun 28 Respect 20
News Is Route 1 traffic light needed? (Sep '06) Jun 21 For OPECs eyes only 2
News Chiropractic Treatment Helps With Blood Pressure (Apr '10) Jun 12 Anonymous 31
Let There Be Light Jun 11 Felix The Cat 1
News Tyngsboro High teacher quits over 'inappropriat... (May '08) Jun 6 dingodevil 108
Microsoft offering free summer camps Jun 6 mdunham 1
News Prince Harry nude photos: A reminder we're all ... (Aug '12) May '16 CaDad 30

North Reading Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Reading Mortgages