Does Tewksbury (south tewksbury) stil...

Does Tewksbury (south tewksbury) still have a gang/drug problem?

Posted in the North Reading Forum

Now Live In Dracut

Oceanside, CA

#1 Oct 29, 2013
I remember 4 or 5 years ago there were stories about the crime rate being on the rise in Tewksbury, the surprising part was that the Lowe Sun mentioned south Tewksbury (area of town from the Shawaheen river to silver lake) as having a supposed gang and drug problem. I'm aware that the crime rate in tewksbury has continued to rise even in the past couple years but I'm just curious as to whether or not south Tewksbury is still at the center of this "crime wave" or if the media was just over exaggerating. I now live in Dracut so Im not exposed to Tewksbury like I was growing up. All feed back is appreciated.
Red Sox kedd

Oceanside, CA

#2 Oct 29, 2013
Drug problem yes, south tewksbury has no shortage of junkies and dealers. I even heard of a group of kids 16 or 17 years old from tewksbury who were going into Worcester and Boston/south Boston robbing high level drug suppliers. Stick up kids. As for a gang problem? Idk anything about that, but there are probably a few wanna be thugs in south tewksbury calling themselves a gang.
Townie

Oceanside, CA

#3 Oct 31, 2013
Neighborhood went to shit 10 years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Reading Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man, 60, charged with gas station robbery 6 hr hammerhead 1
News Backtalk: 4/8/2010 (Apr '10) Oct 16 jeannashobavalley 5
Where is Melanie melanson (Aug '12) Oct 15 MURDERCHUSETTS 50
gang stalking at mass school of law (Oct '15) Aug '17 jaywil1245 3
News Maintain pressure (May '08) Aug '17 Berlin Betty 23
why are north reading police such jerks????? al... (Apr '11) Aug '17 Photo ID please 46
Hallmark Job Opportunity in North Reading May '17 VictorOrians 1

North Reading Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Reading Mortgages