Down the Drain l Part One l Target 12...

Down the Drain l Part One l Target 12 Investigation l WPRI.com

There are 64 comments on the WPRI Providence and Rhode Island story from Jan 28, 2009, titled Down the Drain l Part One l Target 12 Investigation l WPRI.com. In it, WPRI Providence and Rhode Island reports that:

TRANSCRIPT FROM TIM WHITE'S TARGET 12 INVESTIGATION "DOWN THE DRAIN." A two-month Target 12 investigation into the Providence Sewer Department shows your tax dollars going "down the drain." Our undercover ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPRI Providence and Rhode Island.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Curious

Enfield, CT

#1 Jan 28, 2009
Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey hey good bye...
TAXPAYER

Providence, RI

#2 Jan 28, 2009
IT DOES NOT SHOCK ME TO KNOW THAT PUBLIC EMPLOYEES ARE ONCE AGAIN DEFRAUDING THE TAXPAYERS OF HONEST SERVICES. IT IS BECAUSE OF THE MAYORS LACK OF LEADERSHIP, WHICH WAS PROMISED IN HIS CAMPAIGN, THAT HAS ALLOWED THE "CULTURE OF CORRUPTION" TO CONTINUE.

NOTHING CHANGED IN PROVIDENCE, NOTHING. JUST READ THE AUDIT ON THE TAX OFFICE. THE BODY ROTS FROM THE HEAD DOWN, AND BECAUSE OF THE MAYORS POOR EFFORTS TO RID OUR CITY OF THE RATS RUNNING IT, THERE'S A NASTY SMELL COMING FROM HIS OFFICE. ACKNOWLEDGING THAT THE BUCK STOPS WITH HIM WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH.THE STENCH WILL LINGER UNLESS A POTENT METHOD IS USED TO ELIMINATE THE PROBLEMS. MAYOR CICILLINE NEEDS TO THOROUGHLY CLEAN "OUR" HOUSE. HIS POLITICAL LIFE IS GOING TO DEPEND ON IT.
FEED UP

Lincoln, RI

#3 Jan 28, 2009
Nothing new curious why these guys are only ones mentioned DPW superintendent uses the city truck for his personal company and city cell phone for his personal company which he owns. Last snow storm his vehicle was in the town of Lincoln and you would never guess doing what? But the director is aware and does nothing. Taxpayers should look him up he was convicted of stealing from his last job not surprised he ended up in a corrupt department. These guys should not be the only ones.
school bus driver

Southbridge, MA

#4 Jan 28, 2009
NOW THIS REALLY BURNS ME UP!!!!!!!!! THE GOVERNOR WHATS TO CUT BUS MONITORS WHILE OUR TAX DOLLAR GOES ON BREAKS FOR HOURS AT A TIME AND STEALS!!!WHILE HONEST PEOPLE TRYING TO MAKE A LITTLE MONEY AND KEEP OUR CHILDREN SAFE MAY LOOSE THEIR JOB.GOV ERNOR I AM GLAD I AM NOT YOU WHEN ITS YOUR TIME TO MEET YOUR MAKER MAY HE HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SORRY LITTLE SOUL!!
cianci

West Warwick, RI

#5 Jan 28, 2009
Pieces of sheet
cianci

West Warwick, RI

#6 Jan 28, 2009
piece of sheet
HeyUstoleTheSegm ent

Providence, RI

#7 Jan 28, 2009
This segment used to be called "You Paid For It".
elmer 28

Providence, RI

#8 Jan 28, 2009
About time they got caught...Doing this for year's...the city should hire privite company to run all public works...and school admin.. and teachers...make them earn there salary...there not being observed enough....so much free time to take advantage of...They go to the doctors run errands, go home for hours on city and state time while getting paid!
Blondie

United States

#9 Jan 28, 2009
Nice to know how and where our tax dollars go. Glda they were both suspended w/out pay. They should have been fired. What else is happening with our tax dollars in one of the most corrupted states? And the governor wants more money from us? Donny, you are a disgrace along with your buddies at the statehouse.
James Jones

Brockton, MA

#10 Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, who the cares!! We have bigger problems going on in RI then this. WPRI needs to grow up and so does the people who asked WPRI to do it. This is absolutely pathetic. We have a GOV. who sucks BUT we have enough time to do this.
I also guess the child abuse case was second to this!

GROW UP EVERYONE!
Laughing at This

Bristol, RI

#11 Jan 28, 2009
One thing I thought was really hilarious that no one mentioned was when the camera crew and Tim White walked into the sewer dept. office. Anthony Greenwood didn't even flinch. He just kept doing nothing but cutting his nails.......on city time.
James Jones

Brockton, MA

#13 Jan 28, 2009
Laughing at This wrote:
One thing I thought was really hilarious that no one mentioned was when the camera crew and Tim White walked into the sewer dept. office. Anthony Greenwood didn't even flinch. He just kept doing nothing but cutting his nails.......on city time.
Are they supposed to punch out when they want to cut there nails? Wait, were they supposed to punch out when WPRI came in and wasted tax payers dollars? It's ok for the woman with 25kids, no job, who drives a BMW NOT to work and still collects from tax money, right?
Give me a break WPRI. Get on with yourselves already and start broadcasting some real stories!
cianci guys

Providence, RI

#14 Jan 28, 2009
you people have to understand cianci hired most if not all of these corrupt workers they have been there long b4 cicilline became mayor.there all cianci leftovers doing what he did for years
anthony

Providence, RI

#15 Jan 28, 2009
Typical of Providence, corrupt and mismanaged. Many of us who live in this city can barely make ends meet and these guys just waste our property tax revenue. Its disgusting and shameful.
jane smith

Warwick, RI

#16 Jan 28, 2009
everyone has their opinion... what it comes down to is that if u or i were caught doing that on the job, we'd would have been fired on the spot, not suspended without pay, fired. we have an old government system of shady people, they will always be there breeding new ones. part 2 is going to be no shock about the super. "2 of his best guys"... cuz he's one of em. they do what they know what they can get away with by watching their superiors. scary.
jane smith

Warwick, RI

#17 Jan 28, 2009
James Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they supposed to punch out when they want to cut there nails? Wait, were they supposed to punch out when WPRI came in and wasted tax payers dollars? It's ok for the woman with 25kids, no job, who drives a BMW NOT to work and still collects from tax money, right?
Give me a break WPRI. Get on with yourselves already and start broadcasting some real stories!
james, your talking about a prostitute, not a welfare recipient. why dont you read up on welfare benifits a bit before you get so upset over something you dont have knowledge on. this forum is to discuss the topic at, not your ignorance. this story IS part of the "bigger" problem in RI.
cianci guys

Providence, RI

#18 Jan 28, 2009
sweeping the city of providence of buddy cianci,s friends will take a long time but this is a good start.
Fred

Chepachet, RI

#19 Jan 28, 2009
Who cares!!!
James Jones

Brockton, MA

#20 Jan 28, 2009
jane smith wrote:
<quoted text>
james, your talking about a prostitute, not a welfare recipient. why dont you read up on welfare benifits a bit before you get so upset over something you dont have knowledge on. this forum is to discuss the topic at, not your ignorance. this story IS part of the "bigger" problem in RI.
sorry, you must be one of them. Are my taxes paying for you too??
James Jones

Brockton, MA

#21 Jan 28, 2009
Fred wrote:
Who cares!!!
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Providence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A Municipal Vote in Providence for Police Refor... Apr 25 Saul 1
News Report: anti-Semitism on the rise; Local Rabbi ... Apr 25 Saul 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Smithfield (Nov '13) Apr 21 MPR213 108
Review: I Love Kickboxing Cranston (Jun '14) Apr 13 MarisaB 63
Cory Freeman physical therapist AIDS and deals ... Apr 1 Wondering 1
New PVD skateboard video Mar '17 401kay 1
News News | Former State Police Col. O'Donnell Ran a... Mar '17 Foxy lady 1 6

North Providence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance