Wildwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

Judged:

I am considering opening a business in Fairbanks, moving from Colorado, and would like to know what locals think is missing that they would like to see in a business that currently isn't in town?
It can be any business type. Food, powersports, industrial, lodging, etc. Looking to keep it a small business.
Look forward to your responses.
brispi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Steak N' Shake!! Please!! Lol
uallenvyme

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

Dunkin donuts would make u a rich man. Very rich.
gofigure

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2011

Judged:

A whorehouse

Since: Jul 11

Coldwater, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

lol @ gofigure. Honestly though....hummm I don't know. When I lived there I loved the coffee's, a donut shop might be good. It's cold there, so something warm will do the trick. Snowmobiles maybe. If you don't mind getting dirty, help the city out by helping people with driveways and such, many of them get snowed it and could probably use the help. Hummm...lets see. I don't know. I thought about at one time doing a coffee shop/hang out place, but that's already in Fairbanks. You should do what "you" want to do. Do what makes you happy, then build it up for everyone else to like. When I move back...i might stop by. And gofigure...lol thats in Livingood. lol...
fbx

Fairbanks, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Nordstrom
Susie

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

How about an indoor bike adventure place? You could set up screens where one could choose to ride a beautiful bike trail on the east coast somewhere, or in Hawaii, etc. As an option, a fan blowing gently would help, and add to the illusion. It'd be really cool if the bike itself could be in sync with the visual so that one would have to shift gears when going up a hill, etc. I' d spend an hour riding easily if I could feel like I was elsewhere when it is -40 degrees in Fairbanks. There could even be challenging mountain trails for those rugged mountain bikers. If it kept track of scores, just think of the enthusiasm and teams that could occur all winter long! In the summer, when people tend to be outside, add a choice of movies to watch ... I'd reward myself with a movie for great exercise easily. Well, you asked for ideas ...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

A skating rink for the children. They need a fun , safe and warm place to go esp during the winter months! Trust me this would bring in tons of business.

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

There's indoor skating on the army post. The military is a lot of the communities money roll, like it or not. Is there an indoor shooting range here? Also I personally would love an olive garden here!l
Anonymous

Bremen, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

I want to move to Alaska.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Me

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Old school roller rink not ice skating. To clarify. And one in town open for all the local kids and teens .

Since: Dec 12

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Fairbanks is missing quality of life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

LOL Danny
Jim

Valley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Any specific hobby store will do well
long Winter

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Pole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NASA to Investigate Climate Impacts of Arctic S... Aug 22 Sneaky Pete 2
North Pole Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jul '14 Musikologist 12
Unusual Seismic Activity Continues Near Noatak Jun '14 Sneaky Pete 6
Gasoline production ends at North Pole Refinery May '14 Lindsey Williams 1
Bill would allow landlords to garnish PFDs Apr '14 Rudyard Kiplingesque 6
Legislature considers $150m to help oil refineries Apr '14 important stories 1
DEC commissioner sides with Flint Hills refiner... Apr '14 as we see it 1
•••
•••
•••