home away from home child care needs ...
Thetruth

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#21 Dec 3, 2013
My son has been attending Home away from home for 3 years. I never had a problem until I had an interaction with owners Larissa Silva and her husband Juan. She is one of the coldest individuals i have ever met in my life and from what i can see she only cares about MAKING MONEY and NOT your child
Disappointed10

West Palm Beach, FL

#22 Feb 22, 2014
Wellington location
Be very afreaid the directors are DECEIVING EVIL people
teachers = excellent, nurturing, BUT are terrfied of the Director Kelly
Director= COLD HEARTED EVIL WITCH towards parents and kids God forbid you are a few MINUTES late with tuition payment she will embarras you in front of other parents. Her belief is that every child should be evaulated for something doesnt matter what it is. She will find something and gets VERY angry when the referral says theres nothing wronv with the chikd. Hey she did it to her own.
Asst. Director= ditto. Same as above. COLD HEARTED SNAKE
Curriculum = sucks. My chikd has been there 7 months and has not learned a thing. It doesnt help that the teachers barely speak English if any at all.
Looks are deceiving. Beautiful center horrible people.
Unsatisfied parent

Hollywood, FL

#23 Apr 4, 2014
As a parent we all want the best for our children. Seeking a child are provider was one of the hardest decision a parent had to make. And despite the reviews that I read before enrolling my child at home away from home, I still choose to enroll because I loved the fact that they had a camera system in the classroom. I checked out the wellington facility my first impression was I like the fact that it was clean, my cons were his teachers didn't speak very well English, and the director Kelly have me a hard time from the beginning and that made me want to look else where but I over looked it since that was 1 of 2 things I didn't like. As months past I watch Kelly humiliate and embarrassed numerous parents in front of others she has her favorites. She is very in compassionate and does not have any empathy for others, it would be pouring out and she would turn parents around back in the rain I just pray that god cleans her soul because she is very EVIL and insincere. I've watch how she rudely she spoke to employees she has literally made parents cry. There was a kid named nicko in my sons class me and his parents dropped off around the same time and he would be screaming and the teachers never nurtured him to let him know that it's ok. And when his mom came in to speak to Kelly about her concerns Kelly address her in the front not in private and spoke to her with a high pitch toned and she showed no empathy about her concerns. Overall the facility is very clean and well kept. But the staff Kelly is horrible and her workers are afraid of her
WPB Mama

Jupiter, FL

#24 Apr 7, 2014
My son has attended HAFH since he was 3 months old. He started in the PBG location and is now in the WPB Villages location. I haven't had a single problem with either location. My son LOVES it there! All of his teachers have been exceptional and each of them take a special interest in the children. Every single teacher knows my son's name, not just his own teachers. Everyone is friendly! Ms. Ashley and Ms. April have always been very kind and prompt to answer any questions or concerns I have. I have never seen anything but professionalism, respect, and kindness from either of them.
I watch my son on the cameras frequently throughout the day and I have also stopped by unannounced at random times to check in on my son and I have never seen anything that would cause me any concern.
I have never met Larissa, the owner, so I can't speak about her or the rumors directed towards her on this page. All I know is that my son is happy and well cared for while at HAFH, which makes me happy!
As for the price, I think it's average for this type of facility. And frankly, childcare is not an expense I want to go cheap on!
Bottom line, I trust these people with my child (the most important and precious person in my world) every day, and I do it willingly because I know he is in good hands!
Do I need to say more

West Palm Beach, FL

#25 Jul 14, 2014
The owner in all her glory:
6/24, 7:11pm
Larissa Quintero Silva
Get ready to get sued for deformation of character since we have a video of you daughter being changed right before you get to the school to pick her up. You can continue doing what you are doing I'm not worried but remember this isn't going to stay here. I have all the time in the world to proceed with this law suit. I will be contacting my lawyer immediately. See you in court..
Sent from Limestone Creek
Concerned Parent

West Palm Beach, FL

#26 Jul 15, 2014
It's interesting to see incompetent flailing parents blame everyone for their own faults. Can't get your little angel to class on time so you think it's your right to disrupt everyone else in the class? Blame it on the evil director! Habitually late parents should be kicked off the roster.

Can't pay your bills time after time? I'd give you a probation period, then kick your slacker ass out to the curb. Find a cheaper solution.

I've seen the staff doing all they can to appease you ungrateful, neurotic, hysterical whack-job parents and your undisciplined little angels. Maybe it's time you took a look in the mirror to see that sphincter in the middle of your face.
Whoaaaaa

Miami, FL

#27 Jul 16, 2014
Geeeeeee, who could that be??? lol, good lord, you are entertaining. Really, entertaining. Keep it up! You're doing wonderful things for your business.
This is the TRUTH

Riverdale, GA

#28 Jul 17, 2014
Thetruth wrote:
My son has been attending Home away from home for 3 years. I never had a problem until I had an interaction with owners Larissa Silva and her husband Juan. She is one of the coldest individuals i have ever met in my life and from what i can see she only cares about MAKING MONEY and NOT your child
Agreed
ummmm

Riverdale, GA

#29 Jul 17, 2014
Could not be happier wrote:
My son has been in the school since he was a baby! He will be going go kindergarten now and every single day tells me how much he will miss it even with tears in his eyes. NO ONE will ever be completely u argumentative to the surroundings of their childrens childcare environment but please people for the love of god if you are being real with yourself you would be a fool to not have considered the NUMEROUS amounts of child abuse even found from people that you would have thought you new better than a relative and trusted with your life. People are entitled to carry themselves in whichever Manner they chose in which they can rest there head at night and JUDGING ON THE SCHOOLS GROWTH THERE MUST BE WAY MORE PLEASED PARENTS THAN THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT HAVE TIME TO SIT ON THE INTERNET WRITING ABOUT A DAYCARE THAT HAS PROVEN THERE INTEGRITY THROUGH STATE LAWS AND AVAILABILITY INSTEAD OF FINDING A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE MANNER TO CONDUCT THEMSELVES WITH THERE OWN CHILDREN THAY THEY HAVE MUCH MUCH HIGHER EXPECTATIONS OF THERE WELLBEING IN ANY COMPARED ATMOSPHERE THAN ARE REALISTIC. if you are sitting here writing inappropriate comments I can garantee it is because NO ONE OWES U TIME OUT OF THERE DAY TO DEAL WITH YOUR DEROGATIVE ATTITUDE ON LIFE AND NEGATIVE CONVERSATION SKILLS THAT PUTS IN ENOUGH HARD WORK AND DETERMINATION FOR THE 2 of you to let u ruin there day. Good work speaks for itself. You are an American you have rights you have a CHOICE to take your child where you please and if the OWNER OF THE SCHOOL DOES NOT AGREE WITH YOUR WAY OF THINKING AND YOU ARE MAD ENOUGH TO POST A BAD COMMENT ON THE INTERNET THEN I AGREE WITH WHICHEVER WAY THE OWNER CHOSES FO CONDUCT HERSELF AND HANDLE
THE MATTER BEING THAT HER BUSINESS IS TAKEN CARE OF AND SHE IS IN A WELL
STATE OF MIND WHICH SHE MUST BE TO HAVE A MUCH MORE SUCCESSFUL LIFE THAN YOU TO BE BRINGING YOUR CHILD THERE TO BEGIN WITH. so instead of judging people you do not know and making yourself look unethical and not worth knowing then why don't u do what I'm sure the owner might have told u and should have and take your child somewhere else where u will b happy because that's how much u care to have brought them there in the FIRST place and atop wasting her time on trivial nonsense like your child will forever live in a bubble and make more time out of your day to do things the way YOU like with your child in the atmosphere of your own home WHERE U ARE ENTITLED TO ACT AS IF YOUR WAY IS THE RIGH WAY AND ANY OF YOUR INPUT MATTERS TO BE JUDGED SO IGNORANTLY BY A STRANGER ON TOPICS THAT DO NOT INVOLVE YOUR CHILD! my son could not be happier and I can promise you even as a spiritual woman that there is no way that if any of these accusations where true my son would have been in these schools for 5 years and be as educated if not more than a child in his first year of kindergarten and crying about leaving his school. Let's get real people day care is daycare if u have a better idea please find it and leave the hard working citizens of our county to be judged correctly by the right people.
Because they do.
I think someone is off their meds....
Sounds to me

Pompano Beach, FL

#30 Aug 5, 2014
Sounds to me Like a business owner protecting her business using the technology parents enjoy most about her school. The camera system protecting her business and employees.
Do I need to say more wrote:
The owner in all her glory:
6/24, 7:11pm
Larissa Quintero Silva
Get ready to get sued for deformation of character since we have a video of you daughter being changed right before you get to the school to pick her up. You can continue doing what you are doing I'm not worried but remember this isn't going to stay here. I have all the time in the world to proceed with this law suit. I will be contacting my lawyer immediately. See you in court..
Sent from Limestone Creek
MommaBear

Pompano Beach, FL

#31 Aug 5, 2014
As a mother who does pay on time and arrive on time I couldn't have said it better myself. Sadly these are the people who come to write these terrible reviews.
Concerned Parent wrote:
It's interesting to see incompetent flailing parents blame everyone for their own faults. Can't get your little angel to class on time so you think it's your right to disrupt everyone else in the class? Blame it on the evil director! Habitually late parents should be kicked off the roster.
Can't pay your bills time after time? I'd give you a probation period, then kick your slacker ass out to the curb. Find a cheaper solution.
I've seen the staff doing all they can to appease you ungrateful, neurotic, hysterical whack-job parents and your undisciplined little angels. Maybe it's time you took a look in the mirror to see that sphincter in the middle of your face.
ummmm

West Palm Beach, FL

#32 Aug 5, 2014
Sounds to me wrote:
Sounds to me Like a business owner protecting her business using the technology parents enjoy most about her school. The camera system protecting her business and employees.
<quoted text>
Exactly the point, the business. Business business business, and the employees. No mention of the children.

Ahh well, to each their own. Next time these parents will know to take bad reviews more seriously. I'm glad it's working out so well for you.:). Good luck!
Lisa Smith

West Palm Beach, FL

#33 Aug 8, 2014
I totally agree....The staff at the Village location is extremely is unpleasant as if you're doing them a favor. They don't greet the parents at the front desk and be careful about filing a complaint. I would avoid this school as much as possible.
Get off the forum

West Palm Beach, FL

#34 Aug 11, 2014
Clearly the owner is on here with her attitude and name calling to parents who have every right to discuss their opinions. Goes to show exactly what kind of people are running this place. Complete lack of professionalism. Parents are only allowed to be seen and not heard, because should you complain, their claws come out. Plus, I got a notice in the mail for a free registration promotion! Maybe learn how to treat current customers before you try recruiting new ones.
inside site

Miami, FL

#36 Oct 14, 2014
from some one that work for Larissa
All of her schools are very well done , but there are some problems, while i never had a problem with my class or my parents , I did have a problem with the way she treated people she thought was less than her . She even feel as if she is allowed to call you on your own time as if she was still paying you at home or to blame you for thing that happen when you are gone . I feel that her schools in the beginning where headed in the right direction , but has now gone down the wrong path. To the parents a little reminder there are hiding spot from the cameras and no sound . So when the teacher looks happy she still could be scolding your child with a smile . I would ask if there is an observing room or anyway you could sit in and watch the class . Open door policy mean you can come in at anytime as long as it is not disturbing the class . The school I work from now asks the parents to come in often for lunches and to read to the student we have at least one parent in the one of the VPK classes every day .
The Point

Pompano Beach, FL

#37 Oct 14, 2014
But see you missed the point.

The BUSINESS is childcare. Simple. And as a CHILDCARE BUSINESS owner on must protect everything that you build. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. The relationships of the BUSINESS are about protection of the childcare.

It is exactly the reason schools have cameras and I'm glad. I can tell you I won't be passing you when I go to pickup my child at preschool.
ummmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly the point, the business. Business business business, and the employees. No mention of the children.
Ahh well, to each their own. Next time these parents will know to take bad reviews more seriously. I'm glad it's working out so well for you.:). Good luck!
Happy at home

Jupiter, FL

#38 Oct 31, 2014
I just enrolled my son at the Jupiter location...He likes it and is happy there, that is what matters...
NOT all business owners, directors or teacher can make everyone happy... Use your own judgement...
blh

Hollywood, FL

#39 Dec 8, 2014
My son has been at this school for 3 and 1/2 years. I started him there at 6 months old. He has been in the babies room, the ones, the twos, older twos, Montessori, and now VPK classrooms. I have not been impressed with one classroom at all. There have been only 2 teachers that I loved and both have been fired or quit, nobody knows the true story because the school wont tell you. Home away from home is not a Montessori school they just use the name because they have one classroom where the age group fluctuates from 3-5 years old. The owner is known to be money hungry(that was what I was told when my son first started). I decided to find out for myself, which I would have to agree. Every decision made at the school is only to make more money, not to benefit the children. The only form of payment accept to pay tuition is cash, debit, or money order. When they let teachers go in the middle of the year, you do not get a letter about it until days after. If you ask if the teacher is still there, their respond is "there will be a letter about it soon." They go through so much staff, so quickly. I have never seen so many teachers quit or be fired in one year. There staff does not seem happy to be there. The teacher my son has had for the past 2 years is the only reason that I have kept him there. We moved far away, but my son loves his friends (he has grown up with them at the school & they are very close) and his one teacher was extremely loving and caring, she was there for the children and you could tell and that is the only reason that I have allowed him to stay. Now that she has be let go, I will definitely be moving him to another school. I am very upset to do this to him, but there is not one good quality about this school. The front desk personnel are very rude, almost never smiling, always engaged in their own conversations. Personalities and attitudes have changed over the years, all the friendly people working there have left or they are so stressed their attitudes have changed for the worse. Not a place I would want my son to be all day. I am an Early Care and Education major and have visited multiple preschools in Boca and this school (Home away from home) is by far the worst. By worst I mean all around, the staff, the environment, and the curriculum. Now that I am educated on how a preschool/daycare should be, I am astonished I have left my poor boy here for this many years. My son who used to love school, now cry's everyday when I drop him off. When I try to leave for work and he's gripping my leg, nobody will come to help..I could be standing there for 10 mins trying to pry him off my leg nicely to get out the door for work and the teacher will not even walk over to help. I am now working on finding a new school for my son close to home, right before graduating VPK, very disappointing. I am expressing these feeling in hopes this will help bring change to the school. I just want the best for my child and every other child out there. This school needs a lot of work and guidance to be acceptable for any children and parents in my eyes.
PBC School Psychologist

United States

#40 Dec 8, 2014
blh wrote:
My son has been at this school for 3 and 1/2 years. I started him there at 6 months old. He has been in the babies room, the ones, the twos, older twos, Montessori, and now VPK classrooms. I have not been impressed with one classroom at all. There have been only 2 teachers that I loved and both have been fired or quit, nobody knows the true story because the school wont tell you. Home away from home is not a Montessori school they just use the name because they have one classroom where the age group fluctuates from 3-5 years old. The owner is known to be money hungry(that was what I was told when my son first started). I decided to find out for myself, which I would have to agree. Every decision made at the school is only to make more money, not to benefit the children. The only form of payment accept to pay tuition is cash, debit, or money order. When they let teachers go in the middle of the year, you do not get a letter about it until days after. If you ask if the teacher is still there, their respond is "there will be a letter about it soon." They go through so much staff, so quickly. I have never seen so many teachers quit or be fired in one year. There staff does not seem happy to be there. The teacher my son has had for the past 2 years is the only reason that I have kept him there. We moved far away, but my son loves his friends (he has grown up with them at the school & they are very close) and his one teacher was extremely loving and caring, she was there for the children and you could tell and that is the only reason that I have allowed him to stay. Now that she has be let go, I will definitely be moving him to another school. I am very upset to do this to him, but there is not one good quality about this school. The front desk personnel are very rude, almost never smiling, always engaged in their own conversations. Personalities and attitudes have changed over the years, all the friendly people working there have left or they are so stressed their attitudes have changed for the worse. Not a place I would want my son to be all day. I am an Early Care and Education major and have visited multiple preschools in Boca and this school (Home away from home) is by far the worst. By worst I mean all around, the staff, the environment, and the curriculum. Now that I am educated on how a preschool/daycare should be, I am astonished I have left my poor boy here for this many years. My son who used to love school, now cry's everyday when I drop him off. When I try to leave for work and he's gripping my leg, nobody will come to help..I could be standing there for 10 mins trying to pry him off my leg nicely to get out the door for work and the teacher will not even walk over to help. I am now working on finding a new school for my son close to home, right before graduating VPK, very disappointing. I am expressing these feeling in hopes this will help bring change to the school. I just want the best for my child and every other child out there. This school needs a lot of work and guidance to be acceptable for any children and parents in my eyes.
We have medication at the public schools, that will make your son more manageable.

http://youtu.be/eZJoCfgAEuE

He will always pass the test, and will have the professionals, tinker with his mind.
Jjjo

West Palm Beach, FL

#41 Dec 9, 2014
Great school wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be absolutely delusional to sit with your judgement on an Individual because of how they chose to relieve a stressful situation in the event of their SIXTH DAYCARE LOCATION! people mind you this school has a higher success rate and my son being there since he was a baby being affirmation to the health and positive growth benefits of the atmosphere. If you WANT YOUR CHILD BEING NANNIED PLEASE FIND A NANNY THAT U CAN TRUst (try not to judge them) and hope that your INCOME can afford a SUITABLE MATCH FOR YOUR UNREALIstic expectations of a DAYCARE environment. Please people. I think that u should spend more time judging yourself rather than a complete stranger that has worked her butt off to create a place where from experience IS loved and will be missed after there FIFTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR THERE.
This must be Larissa Silva. She spends her time reading her poor reviews and responding to them or has her cronies do it for her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Palm Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Whispers All Girl Staff (Jan '13) 10 hr Cory 42
15 th. Circuit Family Division 11 hr Dark Matter 6th 4
Good paying job with spanking discipline for fe... (Jan '12) Sep 2 Sharp love 12
Review: ServiceMaster Cleaning & Restoration Se... Sep 1 jstrong196 1
Gaberial Robert Black Sep 1 Letha 1
Hello everyone pl have a look on my post Sep 1 toprosowsk 1
Forensic Psychology for Idiots Aug 31 BF Skinner 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Palm Beach Mortgages