Toyota says new gas pedals are en rou...

Toyota says new gas pedals are en route to dealers

There are 568 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jan 29, 2010, titled Toyota says new gas pedals are en route to dealers. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Toyota said it began shipping gas pedal parts to its dealers Friday for use in fixing the millions of cars and trucks recalled because of accelerators that could become stuck.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 29
Next Last
Catmomdu

Tewksbury, MA

#1 Jan 31, 2010
Have you driven a Ford lately?
Luggin Fibberals

Augusta, GA

#2 Jan 31, 2010
Ford.

Found On Road Dead

Fix Or Repair Daily.

Suckers!

Rice burners all the way baby,

ALL THE WAY.

Haven't had a car repair bill in 17 years when I dumped my last Detroit Bucket-O-Bolts.
Catmomdu

Tewksbury, MA

#3 Jan 31, 2010
Luggin Fibberals wrote:
Ford.
Found On Road Dead
Fix Or Repair Daily.
Suckers!
ALL THE WAY.
Haven't had a car repair bill in 17 years when I dumped my last Detroit Bucket-O-Bolts.
So Mr. Polite, what do you drive?
Luggin Fibberals

Augusta, GA

#4 Jan 31, 2010
Soccer mom van, Toyota Sienna for me.

Imagine That!

THE Chelmsford Flash in a mini-van.

LMFAO!

The wife drives a Lexus SC 430 convertible.
Both flawless vehicles that perform day in day out with out giving them a second thought.

We also have driven Acura/Honda products with the same level total excellence and customer satisfaction.

Again, not one dollar in repair bills now for 17 years!

I typically keep them for 100-150k miles then sell them for strong money as I keep them maintained relentlessly, people that buy used from me are amazed at the condition of my vehicles.

Also, here in the South we don't have to worry about the salty winter roads so it's not uncommon to see 20-30 year cars that still have shiny paint, look and run well (mostly all Rice-Burners of course).

Detroit Buckets-O-Bolts kept me in the poor house with repairs from 77-92, avg. repair costs annually were well over 3k, I replaced a dozen engines and transmissions during those years as well as performing virtually every repair known to mankind, those cars crippled me financially.

Face it, Detroit simply can't compete with Toyo/Honda that's why Detroit is going out of business.

Ford will probably survive but the other two are toast, as soon as puppet-boy stops stealing our money to keep them afloat they will disappear.
Catmomdu wrote:
<quoted text>
So Mr. Polite, what do you drive?
Rad Grandad

Lowell, MA

#5 Jan 31, 2010
my studebaker does me just fine, lost the gas cap so I got a reg rag stuck in there. The floors rotted through and I can see the street flyin under me, the headlights are duct taped in and it gets about 12 gallons to the mile. The seatbelt is a rope tied to the floor, it has almost all it's windows and a bungee holding the drivers door closed..they dont make em like that no more...but I do wish I could remember what color it was.
Florida Retiree

Tampa, FL

#6 Jan 31, 2010
Rad Grandad wrote:
my studebaker does me just fine, lost the gas cap so I got a reg rag stuck in there. The floors rotted through and I can see the street flyin under me, the headlights are duct taped in and it gets about 12 gallons to the mile. The seatbelt is a rope tied to the floor, it has almost all it's windows and a bungee holding the drivers door closed..they dont make em like that no more...but I do wish I could remember what color it was.
I am sure you use a coat hanger for an antenna, right?
Florida Retiree

Tampa, FL

#7 Jan 31, 2010
Luggin Fibberals wrote:
Imagine That!
LMFAO!
Both flawless vehicles that perform day in day out with out giving them a second thought.
We also have driven Acura/Honda products with the same level total excellence and customer satisfaction.
I typically keep them for 100-150k miles then sell them for strong money as I keep them maintained relentlessly, people that buy used from me are amazed at the condition of my vehicles.
Also, here in the South we don't have to worry about the salty winter roads so it's not uncommon to see 20-30 year cars that still have shiny paint, look and run well (mostly all Rice-Burners of course).
Detroit Buckets-O-Bolts kept me in the poor house with repairs from 77-92, avg. repair costs annually were well over 3k, I replaced a dozen engines and transmissions during those years as well as performing virtually every repair known to mankind, those cars crippled me financially.
Face it, Detroit simply can't compete with Toyo/Honda that's why Detroit is going out of business.
Ford will probably survive but the other two are toast, as soon as puppet-boy stops stealing our money to keep them afloat they will disappear.
<quoted text>
They must look good parked beside the single-wide!

Since: Mar 09

Billerica

#8 Jan 31, 2010
Rad Grandad wrote:
We used to call it "200 mile an hour tape" on our clunkers of the 60's. Fun times.

Billerica

#9 Jan 31, 2010
Don't ask me why that went up there twice!
Rad Grandad

Lowell, MA

#10 Jan 31, 2010
Florida Retiree wrote:
<quoted text> I am sure you use a coat hanger for an antenna, right?
that's right, you've seen my car?
Rad Grandad

Lowell, MA

#11 Jan 31, 2010
los1251 wrote:
<quoted text>
We used to call it "200 mile an hour tape" on our clunkers of the 60's. Fun times.
I got my license in the 70s, my first car was a 68 coronet rt with a 440

Billerica

#13 Jan 31, 2010
Rad Grandad wrote:
<quoted text>
Got my license in 68. My first car was an Oldsmobile "Jetfire" with an aluminum block. It was sort of an experimental car they made for a year or so. It spent more time parked in the yard waiting for it's next repair than actually being driven. My favorite car was a 1968 Chevelle SS396 I had in the early 70's. I now have been driving the same 96 T-Bird since I bought her in September of that year. Best car I have ever owned.
BigBannana

Lexington, MA

#14 Feb 1, 2010
Luggin Fibberals wrote:
Ford.
Found On Road Dead
Fix Or Repair Daily.
Suckers!
ALL THE WAY.
ford
FIRST ON RACE DAY

Toyota moving foward, even when you don't want too!

buy american or move to the country whos economy you support!
Catmomdu

Tewksbury, MA

#15 Feb 1, 2010
Luggin Fibberals wrote:
Imagine That!
LMFAO!
<quoted text>
And the silliness just keeps on coming.
It's ok, this thread is getting to be fun.
My first car I bought on my own was from a junkyard .. can't remember the year but it was one of those cars with the fake wood that was contact paper. I ripped off the paper, took a brush and painted that part red.
My roommate killed that car.
After that I bought a gorgeous silvery-light-blue T-bird with leather seats. That car put me in the poorhouse needing repairs and it kept getting stolen. I used to have to set the carburetor on fire every morning to get it going.(yes, I bought it at the junkyard).
Over the years the only cars that consistently disappointed were Nissan's. I bought the Nissan Stanza the year CR named it the car of the year. That thing .. as soon as the warranty expired.. YIKES. Someone was nice enough to smash into me on the highway, so that helped pay for my first brand new Ford.
It's been Ford ever since, and they've been great.
We never sell cars. Just give them to one of the kids whenever we buy something new.
Catmomdu

Tewksbury, MA

#16 Feb 1, 2010
Rad Grandad wrote:
You is so silly.
Catmomdu

Tewksbury, MA

#17 Feb 1, 2010
BigBannana wrote:
<quoted text>
ford
FIRST ON RACE DAY
Toyota moving foward, even when you don't want too!
buy american or move to the country whos economy you support!
Well I agree we should buy American. But a lot of foreign 'labels' are made right here.
The Toyota mess was built right here in the USA. Somewhere I read that it was because they were trying to reduce costs on parts till they got too darned inferior.
I think Hyundai/Kia is still manufactured overseas.. South Korea? Hubby had an Elantra, then a Sonata for a while (the 2 daughters are driving them now), but I knew a woman at work who had a defect in a brand new 2008? Sonata that caused an accident. They eventually repaired it, but not till she spent 6 months having to complain, and get stuck in voice mail hades with people that did not speak English and ran her in circles.
So, no matter how 'purty' they get, I wouldn't risk it.
Florida Retiree

Tampa, FL

#18 Feb 1, 2010
Rad Grandad wrote:
<quoted text>
I was awarded my license in 1962 and my first car was a black 1953 Chevy 4 door sedan, the exterior and interior were impressive, the engine loved to burn oil. I used to get several quarts of .20 cent oil from Merit Gas every day to drive back and forth to high school, I would pull in and say fill up the oil and check the gas!

I had to have my friends ride with me for insurance in case I needed to jump start it, it fact, I had a girl I was dating give me a push after we went parking on the blvd. she made me promise I would not tell anyone. I ended up selling that car for $25.00.
Luggin Fibberals

Augusta, GA

#19 Feb 1, 2010
Yes you are one silly liberal.
Is there ANY other kind?
The Gay-State is up to it's eyeballs in diseased liberals.

Comprehension was not your strong point in school was it?
You bought a Nissan?
That's the Japanese version of Chrysler.
Comparing Ford to Toyo/Honda at any price point is abject silliness on your part.
Just silly.

The avg. Ford is ripe for the bone yard(that's when the massive repair bills start piling up) at 100k miles give or take, rice-burners are just getting "broken in" at 100k, I have driven many well into the 200k range without a single repair .

Try that with your Detroit Bucket-O-Bolts.
LOL.

So, you keep subsidising the inferior, the lazy,the weak union slugs.

I use wisely my power of choice!
Catmomdu wrote:
<quoted text>
And the silliness just keeps on coming.
It's ok, this thread is getting to be fun.
My first car I bought on my own was from a junkyard .. can't remember the year but it was one of those cars with the fake wood that was contact paper. I ripped off the paper, took a brush and painted that part red.
My roommate killed that car.
After that I bought a gorgeous silvery-light-blue T-bird with leather seats. That car put me in the poorhouse needing repairs and it kept getting stolen. I used to have to set the carburetor on fire every morning to get it going.(yes, I bought it at the junkyard).
Over the years the only cars that consistently disappointed were Nissan's. I bought the Nissan Stanza the year CR named it the car of the year. That thing .. as soon as the warranty expired.. YIKES. Someone was nice enough to smash into me on the highway, so that helped pay for my first brand new Ford.
It's been Ford ever since, and they've been great.
We never sell cars. Just give them to one of the kids whenever we buy something new.
Florida Retiree

Tampa, FL

#20 Feb 1, 2010
I buy 90% of our gasoline at ARCO..........but take a look at WALMART. WOW they do it right

WHERE TO BUY AMERICAN GASOLINE. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW.

Gas rationing in the 70's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even have been good for us!

Are you aware that the Saudis are boycotting American products? In addition, they are gouging us on oil prices.

Shouldn't we return the favor? Can't we take control of our own destiny and let these giant oil importers know who REALLY generates their profits, their livings? How about leaving American Dollars in America and reduce the import/export deficit?

An appealing remedy might be to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up your car you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia . Just purchase gas from companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill up my tank, I'm sending my money to people who I get the impression want me, my family and my friends dead. The following gas companies import Middle Eastern oil:
Shell.......... 205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco.......... 144,332,000 barrels

Exxon /Mobil.......... 130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway.......... 117,740,000 barrels

Amoco.......... 62,231,000 barrels

And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela by Dictator Hugo Chavez who hates America and openly avows our economic destruction!(We pay Chavez's regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues!)
The U.S. currently imports 5,517,000 barrels of crude oil per day from OPEC. If you do the math at $100 per barrel, that's over $550 million PER DAY ($200 BILLION per year!) handed over to OPEC, many of whose members are our confirmed enemies!!!!! It won't stop here - oil prices could go to $200 a barrel or higher if we keep buying their product.

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco..........0 barrels
Conoco..........0 barrels
0ASinclair..........0 barrels
BP / Phillips.......... 0 barrels

Hess..........0 barrels

ARC0..........0 barrels

Maverick..........0 barrels

Flying J..........0 barrels

Valero..........0 barrels
Murphy Oil USA*.........0 barrels

*Sold at Wal-Mart , gas is from South Arkansas and fully USA owned and produced.

*Not only that but they give scholarships to all children in their town who finish high school and are legal US citizens.
All of this information is available from the U.S. Department of Energy and each company is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing
Catmomdu

Tewksbury, MA

#21 Feb 1, 2010
Florida Retiree wrote:
<quoted text>I was awarded my license in 1962 and my first car was a black 1953 Chevy 4 door sedan, the exterior and interior were impressive, the engine loved to burn oil. I used to get several quarts of .20 cent oil from Merit Gas every day to drive back and forth to high school, I would pull in and say fill up the oil and check the gas!
I had to have my friends ride with me for insurance in case I needed to jump start it, it fact, I had a girl I was dating give me a push after we went parking on the blvd. she made me promise I would not tell anyone. I ended up selling that car for $25.00.
Good times, huh?
My first almost new car was a 2 year old Ford Pinto at the time. It was one of the few cars running and not getting stuck during the Blizzard of '78.(Thanks to kitty litter in the back). Then someone hit it and ran, and I had a friend who did body work fix it. He left paint dust in the gas tank and it took maybe 20 gas filters before the car ran right again. Every place I went, I had extra gas filters in the glove compartment, because I kept having to pull over to change them.
Funny, I just met a neighbor's Brother in law when we were selling MIL's car (he came to look). He knew the guy that did my body work way back then, and he also knew the guy that kept my "Plumbers nightmare" running all those years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Palm Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Whispers All Girl Staff (Jan '13) 3 hr Cory 42
15 th. Circuit Family Division 4 hr Dark Matter 6th 4
Good paying job with spanking discipline for fe... (Jan '12) Sep 2 Sharp love 12
Review: ServiceMaster Cleaning & Restoration Se... Sep 1 jstrong196 1
Gaberial Robert Black Sep 1 Letha 1
Hello everyone pl have a look on my post Sep 1 toprosowsk 1
Forensic Psychology for Idiots Aug 31 BF Skinner 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Palm Beach Mortgages