Florida oil drilling pros, cons examined

Florida oil drilling pros, cons examined

There are 2 comments on the News Press story from Nov 21, 2009, titled Florida oil drilling pros, cons examined. In it, News Press reports that:

TALLAHASSEE - On April 21, a tremor hit Florida's political landscape. On that day, with less than two weeks left in a tense, budget-constrained legislative session, Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Press.

Fort Myers, FL

#1 Nov 22, 2009
There are way to many good things we could for fl. residents with that money from oil.with the teco.now days and all the other ares that have them and were slammed by hurricanes.No one is going to put or alow anything that can be seen easily from beach or high rise.wake up usa/fl refine it here drill it here.Stop this health bill fix what is wrong a little at pease at a time. we can keep it the best in the world with access for all.any one who has only va health ins you can see.

Since: Oct 09

Panama City, Florida

#2 Mar 3, 2010
Florida needs to quit allowing the Tourist Industry, Fish and Wildlife Commission, and Environmental Agency rule the roost! Too many Americans are out of jobs and the numbers keep climbing. Obama is proving to be a bag of hot air. He's done nothing to stimulate growth, only sink us deeper in debt. I'm not sure one man can really do much about situations such as these, but he sure ain't creating the necessary path to follow with his Pork spending.

It's time states take action individually. Jobs and careers are desperately needed! If oil industries thrive in other gulf states such as Texas and Louisiana, then Florida would greatly benefit as well. These environmental, tree hugging, animal fu**ing, pantywaists who've never had a real job in their lives, need to be sent packing! Now, I totally understand we need to take care of our home - Earth is our home given to us by the Lord, and common sense dictates we should keep it neat, clean, and tidy. However, putting thousands of people out of work to save some bug, lizard, or mollusk, is insane and uncalled for! These types need to be made to shut the hell up and let us expand our job market. Measures can and will be taken to ensure our beautiful Florida beaches remain unspoiled. True, accidents happen. After all, people aren't infallible! Mistakes happen. That's part of life. But, you don't shut down the trucking industry industry because a few trucks get into wrecks or jack knife!

Offshore oil rigs in Florida waters would not only generate oil rig jobs, but also supply boat jobs, crew boat jobs, port jobs, etc., which would generate hundreds or even thousands of jobs depending on how many drilling projects are undertaken! I'm all for drilling in Florida waters! I, myself, would gladly work on a rig or supply or crew boat. Anybody serious about generating jobs, real jobs, would be wise to vote for the allowance of Florida oil drilling! We should get to it before China, India, or other nations come to our back yard and get it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Palm Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gov Rick Scott Appoints a Fraud to a North Coun... 6 min Crooked Courts Co... 1
Fascists Flourish in The Fifteenth Circuit 9 hr A Wench Owned Bench 11
Psyence Fiction 15 hr SOP 2
Judge Howard Coates Mislabels Evidence, for a ... Thu Boycott Palm Beac... 4
News Here's Yet Another Thing You Shouldn't Call 911... Thu DILF 6
News Continue Reading Oct 4 Solarman 1
home away from home child care needs investigated (Feb '10) Oct 4 Jasmine_wellington 51
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Palm Beach Mortgages