Good Samaritans rescue woman from bur...

Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car near Delray Beach

There are 23 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 17, 2009, titled Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car near Delray Beach. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Every now and again, faith in humanity is restored. For the Katz family, it came Monday, west of Delray Beach when their matriarch, Fanchon Katz, was trapped in her burning car and complete strangers saved her life.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lyn

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Jun 17, 2009
Finally a POSTIVE story....it feels life forever since I have read a story that warmed my heart and made me thankful for great Samarians like these men. God bless you all...and thank you.
Erin

Spartanburg, SC

#2 Jun 17, 2009
Thanks for putting faith in our fellow man back!! God bless the reacuers and the rescuee
BCR

Pompano Beach, FL

#3 Jun 17, 2009
Great story witha great outcome. the first line of the article is so true...every once in a while, people do the right thing. It is refreshing. Hope all involved are OK.
SS Reporter

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Jun 17, 2009
Another Katz story - I though they caught that guy in Dade.
concerned one

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Jun 17, 2009
Here we go some more (again).

Another frightful incident involving a auto vehicle.

“FOBW since 2/18/88”

Since: Dec 06

Fort Lauderdale

#7 Jun 17, 2009
OK - I'm glad people stopped to help her, but what I saw in this story that disturbed me?

The fire started because she hit a street sign, she's 80 years old and probably has no business behind the wheel of a car!!!
concerned one

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Jun 17, 2009
PBC Care Giver wrote:
<quoted text>if he was black, i would not have stopped to help
Well, actually very soon we might be reading a news article in here where the story is about YOU are the one who needed rescuing and nobody would come to YOUR aid.
concerned one

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Jun 17, 2009
Redtopt wrote:
OK - I'm glad people stopped to help her, but what I saw in this story that disturbed me?
The fire started because she hit a street sign, she's 80 years old and probably has no business behind the wheel of a car!!!
The ROOT CAUSE:: AUTO VEHICLES
Coach McGuirk Says

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Jun 17, 2009
He tried to flag someone down but no one stopped.

That's typical. No one wants to get involved, no one wants to be bothered. Everyone's afraid they'll be sued.

Being a Good Samaritan PROTECTS you from litigation as long you don't try and render aid above your level of skill. Don't attempt a triple bypass surgery on the victim if you a customer service worker. Just render basic first aid and comfort the victim until a more trained responder arrives and relieves you. Simple as that. At a minimum, call 9-11. That alone may mean the difference.

Shame on those that just drove by and a job well done to the heroes that stopped.
Well

Lake Worth, FL

#16 Jun 17, 2009
Coach McGuirk Says wrote:
He tried to flag someone down but no one stopped.
That's typical. No one wants to get involved, no one wants to be bothered. Everyone's afraid they'll be sued.
Being a Good Samaritan PROTECTS you from litigation as long you don't try and render aid above your level of skill. Don't attempt a triple bypass surgery on the victim if you a customer service worker. Just render basic first aid and comfort the victim until a more trained responder arrives and relieves you. Simple as that. At a minimum, call 9-11. That alone may mean the difference.
Shame on those that just drove by and a job well done to the heroes that stopped.
Call 911? With their new 24k a year internet connection ff's are too busy online to answer. You would be out of lucky also if is shopping time.
PBC Care Giver

United States

#17 Jun 17, 2009
concerned one wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually very soon we might be reading a news article in here where the story is about YOU are the one who needed rescuing and nobody would come to YOUR aid.
I speak only facts and truth!
IMHO

Pompano Beach, FL

#18 Jun 17, 2009
She hit the sign after going EASTBOUND in the Westbound lanes. It sounds like there may have been some sort of medical related episode. I pray that I will know when it is time to stop driving.
Redtopt wrote:
Well

Lake Worth, FL

#19 Jun 17, 2009
PBC Care Giver wrote:
<quoted text>if he was black, i would not have stopped to help
You could not help, even if was your mother. You do not have balls, you are a coward, just a coward.
Coach McGuirk Says

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Jun 17, 2009
9-11 calls are sent to a dispatcher that routes them to either fire or police.
FF wait for the call, just like the cops.
You sound a lot like Need a Firemen, Call Publix.
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Call 911? With their new 24k a year internet connection ff's are too busy online to answer. You would be out of lucky also if is shopping time.
Fitzroy Salesman

Pompano Beach, FL

#23 Jun 17, 2009
ginger wrote:
<quoted text>Please say that you do not mean that. I'll bet if it were you in the situation as Mrs. Katz was & a black person came to your rescue, you would be more than happy to accept their help.
I would prefer to burn.
KfD

Lexington, MA

#24 Jun 17, 2009
Good job to the folks that helped out. Are we sure the driver wasn't our former mayor? Don't ask her though...she won't remember
FL IS A CESS POOL

Lake Worth, FL

#25 Jun 17, 2009
PBC Care Giver wrote:
<quoted text>sorry - i dont do black people
move along - you must be Haitian
I love the way you think!

Since: Apr 07

Hollywood, FL

#26 Jun 18, 2009
Good stuff. Good people. God bless them all!
Well

Lake Worth, FL

#27 Jun 18, 2009
Coach McGuirk Says wrote:
9-11 calls are sent to a dispatcher that routes them to either fire or police.
FF wait for the call, just like the cops.
You sound a lot like Need a Firemen, Call Publix.<quoted text>
No, I'm just a taxpayer sick of these people sucking the system dry. Imbeciles like you, you know.
sirius

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#32 Jun 24, 2009
these men are heros....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Palm Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Secret Service investigating Trump's ex-butler ... 5 hr LarryV 518
Victim Services Palm Beach Pedi-Pumper Penis ... Sat PBC Pedi-Pumpers 4
paul's motel 5445 lake worth rd greenacres -drugs (Nov '13) May 27 John 33
Review: Whispers All Girl Staff (Jan '13) May 26 Go Blue Forever 49
News Marco Rubio proposes a convenient RNC rules swi... May 26 Zip It Little Marco 1
News Brothers convicted in fatal robbery May 25 Go Blue Forever 1
News South Florida ports see mixed results in first ... May 24 Jayne 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Palm Beach Mortgages