Florida Legislature: Lawmakers say bu...

Florida Legislature: Lawmakers say budget may not be done by se...

There are 4 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 24, 2009, titled Florida Legislature: Lawmakers say budget may not be done by se.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Florida lawmakers' budget stalemate ground into the final week of the 60-day session Friday, with Senate President Jeff Atwater conceding it would be "very difficult" to bridge big-ticket decisions on higher cigarette taxes, Seminole gambling and spending cuts on time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Angry Taxpayer

Tallahassee, FL

#2 Apr 25, 2009
Oh what's the big deal, after all a Special Session will only cost about 2 child abuse investigators' salary a day!

But as long as CSX gets our $4 BILLION dollars and the members get their PORK and FREE HEALTH INSURANCE, FREE DENTAL INSURANCE and really great RETIREMENT, it must be worth it - NOT!
Uh Oh

Stuart, FL

#3 Apr 25, 2009
""We need to get serious about our jobs and finish a budget," said Sen. Ted Deutch, D-Boca Raton. "The notion that we're going to have to spend money to fly back to Tallahassee, to stay up here, all on the backs of the taxpayers. I can understand why your constiuents would be disgusted."
Hey stupid, get your arse back up to Tallahassee, get over your non control of the Legislature, quit your petty belly aching, and go do your job. NOW!
State employee

New Orleans, LA

#4 Apr 26, 2009
While as a state employee who hasn't gotten any raise in 3 years, and is having to hear this house and senate say a 4 or 5 percent cut in State workers' pay should be a solution; I think these legislators should have to pay out of their own pockets for the extra travel and expense of extending the session. After all, they've had time in session and wasted it with partisan bickering
Fabioso

Tallahassee, FL

#5 Apr 27, 2009
Uh Oh wrote:
""We need to get serious about our jobs and finish a budget," said Sen. Ted Deutch, D-Boca Raton. "The notion that we're going to have to spend money to fly back to Tallahassee, to stay up here, all on the backs of the taxpayers. I can understand why your constiuents would be disgusted."
Hey stupid, get your arse back up to Tallahassee, get over your non control of the Legislature, quit your petty belly aching, and go do your job. NOW!
He's not the problem.

When the Speaker (r) and the Senate President (r) decide to agree, it will be over.

Did I mention that they are both Republicans?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Palm Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dispen-sary 24/7 A d d y s, T a r, H , etc May 20 Jay meds 1
grittiest streets in Palm Beach County (Mar '08) May 19 Coby 41
WARNING: Christians in Action Trade Show in Wes... May 15 HEIL DALSIMER 3
News Stanley Cohen, Former Dentist, Arrested for All... (Sep '11) May 15 becht VD 10
Nespresso Vertuo May 14 Laure 1
News Curly-Tailed Lizard Population Threatens Native... (Mar '08) May 13 Kelley 158
West Palm Beach Brewery to Honor illegal aliens Apr 26 Taylor 1

North Palm Beach Jobs

Personal Finance

North Palm Beach Mortgages