Donut Shop Shuts Doors After 30 Years | Ohio News Network (ONN)

Full story: 10TV WBNS

The "Donut Connection" stores in Cleveland, North Olmsted, Parma, and Fairview Park shut their doors forever on Friday leaving 70 workers without a job.
Comments
1 - 20 of 34 Comments Last updated Jan 17, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Changes

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 14, 2011
 

Judged:

7

6

2

A sad day in law enforcement.
gladysrosamond

Marion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 15, 2011
 

Judged:

4

3

2

How's that hope and change Obama promised workin' out for you who voted for him????
Gambler

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 15, 2011
 

Judged:

4

2

1

gladysrosamond wrote:
How's that hope and change Obama promised workin' out for you who voted for him????
Very True!
Buckeye

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

And they wonder why people are leaving Ohio..No assistance to help the small businesses is unreal.especially when 77000 manufacturing jobs eliminated for overseas and the trickle effect .We have a party, both sides in the White house that needs to pack it up and get business knowledge in it..but then when unemployment benefits ran out for most Ohioans (99ers)and have congress men and women answering for us, the people, and their cruel and stupid thinking is deplorable.(straight from one in ohio-wants us to look for jobs is why no approval-well where are they?)A shame to read this because these small shops are second homes to some same as your favorite pubs..God Bless you owners..

thank you

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

They must have heard about the bakery robbery.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

I LOVE Dunkin Donuts but they are all too fattening.
I buy their coffee though!
It's terrible that small businesses are not making it in this economy.
I had two small businesses and closed, and now I work for someone else part time. I love it!!!
Thank you Walmart..........NOT

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

BizzyBee wrote:
I LOVE Dunkin Donuts but they are all too fattening.
I buy their coffee though!
It's terrible that small businesses are not making it in this economy.
I had two small businesses and closed, and now I work for someone else part time. I love it!!!
Thank you Walmart..........NOT
Good morning,Bizzy.I buy Dunkin Donuts coffee at giant eagle and make it at home.It is very good.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning,Bizzy.I buy Dunkin Donuts coffee at giant eagle and make it at home.It is very good.
It's good to hear from you.

Me too. I just love coffee and drink a pot myself. AT work I drink it all day to keep me going. LOL
How is it where you are? It is terrible now.
Keep warm.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good to hear from you.
Me too. I just love coffee and drink a pot myself. AT work I drink it all day to keep me going. LOL
How is it where you are? It is terrible now.
Keep warm.
It was snowing all morning,but it stopped now.I have about 3 feet on the ground now total.Normal for around here.
Diana

Perrysburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 15, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Grow a brain wrote:
<quoted text>Let s thank bush and the republicans for their insight and leadership who brought us to collapse, war, greed and hate?
no more obama and his stuck up wife lets try palen
BuckI

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 15, 2011
 

Judged:

4

1

1

I love this state, and I hate to see it slowly but surely dying. With every business closing, small and large, another reason to stay in Ohio goes away. Take a trip to Zanesville, Springfield, Canton, or most any small city in this state and see the future. It's very sad.
dennis orcutt

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 15, 2011
 
Thirty years is a long time for a business. I wonder where the four shops that was doing good was located, maybe i'll open a donut shop.
NRA

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Buckeye wrote:
And they wonder why people are leaving Ohio..No assistance to help the small businesses is unreal.especially when 77000 manufacturing jobs eliminated for overseas and the trickle effect .We have a party, both sides in the White house that needs to pack it up and get business knowledge in it..but then when unemployment benefits ran out for most Ohioans (99ers)and have congress men and women answering for us, the people, and their cruel and stupid thinking is deplorable.(straight from one in ohio-wants us to look for jobs is why no approval-well where are they?)A shame to read this because these small shops are second homes to some same as your favorite pubs..God Bless you owners..
thank you
People are leaving Ohio because it is a crappy place to live and raise your children. Face the facts.
roy

Mechanicsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 15, 2011
 
I wonder why they closed all the shops instead of just the ones not doing so well. I would have left the four good ones open. Just sounds kinda funny closing money makers because some others are not.
Maria

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 15, 2011
 
roy wrote:
I wonder why they closed all the shops instead of just the ones not doing so well. I would have left the four good ones open. Just sounds kinda funny closing money makers because some others are not.
The 4 good ones probably kept them all going till the money was gone. Taxes take a HUGE chunk out of small businesses, it's very unfair. Payroll taxes are the worst.
Blank Stare

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 15, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

3

gladysrosamond wrote:
How's that hope and change Obama promised workin' out for you who voted for him????
It's working out quite well as a matter of fact. The stock market has come back and making money for anyone who is wise enough to invest. Unemployment is started to go down. Thr future is starting to look bright again, in spite of the damage that the Bush administration left.

“Not Perfect, Just Forgiven”

Since: May 10

Bloom Where You're Planted!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Donut Connection had three stores in Stark County, too, and only one is still open. I'm sorry to see them close. It leaves a big hole.
:D
Didn't Donut Connection used to be called Mr. Donut?? My sister used to work at one MANY years ago. I wanted to work at one when I was just out of high school, but my Mom didn't want me to. She said it was too unsafe. I had to laugh!! I said, "MOM!! How CAN it be?? The cops are always there!!"
"A police officer pulls over a car for speeding and asks the driver to get out of the car. After looking the man over, the officer says, "Sir, your eyes are bloodshot. Have you been drinking??" The man was indignant, and replied, "Officer, you're eyes are glazed. Have you been eating donuts??"
:D
Yes, I love donut shop coffee -- double cream, please!! But it's too expensive to buy (man, have you SEEN the price of coffee?!?!)
What are your favorite donuts?? My kids love cream sticks -- iced or powdered sugared, they don't care. I love Boston Cream!!
Ted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 16, 2011
 
I've been a regular for over 20 years. The donute shop was part of my home. I would talk with people about whats going on in the world and in the area. It was a place to be with friends. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now that its closed. It was a part of my life I can tell my grandson about. I will truly miss it. God bless everyone that lost their job. A sad time in Cleveland.
So sad

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Blank Stare wrote:
<quoted text>
It's working out quite well as a matter of fact. The stock market has come back and making money for anyone who is wise enough to invest. Unemployment is started to go down. Thr future is starting to look bright again, in spite of the damage that the Bush administration left.
True that the market is going higher but much of that is attributed to the lower value of the dollar. So, what is your current purchasing power worth? As for the UE rate, you are incorrect. The proof is in what is called the U6. Look it up.
Kate

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 16, 2011
 
the world is going to hell in a donut handbasket.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

North Olmsted Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

North Olmsted People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

North Olmsted News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North Olmsted
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••