Good in North Middletown
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BeenHereStayingH ere

United States

#1 Apr 30, 2009
Let's have a positive post on this website. What have you seen that are the good things in North Middletown. Kindness of people, hometown attitudes, etc. We've had enough of people bashing. What makes this community great?
BornHere

Georgetown, KY

#2 Apr 30, 2009
Its hard to see the good thur all the bad. Theres still good peolpe in Middletown. Mostly the farmers! But the drugs and peolpe running up and down the road is the bad thing!
livedhere4years

Aiken, SC

#3 Apr 30, 2009
all i have seen in middletown is drugs and all the nosy people around here.there are some good people here.
lived here my whole life

Anderson, SC

#4 Apr 30, 2009
the people at the stores r pretty nice and the people always honk the horn at ya and wave even if they dont know them!!!! so polite!!!!!
BeenHere StayingHere

Anderson, SC

#5 Apr 30, 2009
The churches are also a good influence on and in our community.
LivedHereFor15ye ars

Georgetown, KY

#6 May 1, 2009
I love North Middletown. I love living in a small country town. But its changed so much in the last 5 to 10 years and I hate that. You use to be able to leave your home with your doors unlocked and not have to worry about anything but not now. You can lock your doors but still peolpe will do anything to break in and take anything to get money to buy more drugs.. Someone broke into my car and took something that was only about 10 dollors now thats the point in that they lift my cds and mp3 player.. I just dont understand why Middletown is the way that it is and no one not even a cop will do anything
watch her

AOL

#7 May 3, 2009
april dawson is a good theif she likes to steal purses out of cars in DAY LIGHT. i guess she needed money for her crack
amen

AOL

#8 May 3, 2009
when you see her coming you best tie everything down !!!!!!! april has very STICKY fingers almost like they have magnets on the tips of her fingers
Horse Show

Flemingsburg, KY

#9 May 4, 2009
GOOD - The Community Club's Horse Show! This Saturday...
Take care of your own

Lynch, KY

#10 May 13, 2009
I have lived in n. middletown all my life and I actually do believe it is a good place to live, but there are other comments that I disagree with. I don't think that the town has changed much at all in the last many years, but people seem to pay more attention to what goes on now that they did before. There have always been drugs in town, and they were always out in the open. I know too many middle-aged people who have been buying, selling, and doing drugs in this town since they were teenagers. Also, most of the stealing that goes on is done by teenagers and those not much older than that, and who is really to blame for that? When I was a kid, twenty years ago, kids spent lots of time without supervision because their parents let them. Many of them half raised themselves and were not taught. Now some of the same ones are causing alot of the problems. I would advise that if you don't like the way things are you should concentrate on teaching your kids the RIGHT way to live and perhaps the next generation will have a better town to live in than we do now. If you raise your kids to be good people, you shouldn't have to worry about them being corrupted by this town. Take responsibility for those who are your responsibility and leave everyone else alone.
Smoky tha Bear

Clarksville, TN

#11 Jul 13, 2009
well actually the weed is pretty good depending on who you get it from
yeah

Dahlonega, GA

#12 Aug 23, 2009
I know some very good people here. the Greenhills'
Greenhill

Georgetown, KY

#13 Aug 23, 2009
yeah wrote:
I know some very good people here. the Greenhills'
AND
jenny

Versailles, KY

#14 Sep 15, 2009
BeenHereStayingHere wrote:
Let's have a positive post on this website. What have you seen that are the good things in North Middletown. Kindness of people, hometown attitudes, etc. We've had enough of people bashing. What makes this community great?
drugs, weed, thats about all thats good here
Rise above it

Clarksville, TN

#15 Sep 29, 2009
Have any of you people even considered how much worse things are in a big city? Yes, there are a lot of problems in this town, but every small town in the world has those same problems. I would take Middletown the was it is any day over living in a big city. All anyone can talk about is the problem with drugs and theft, but no one ever thinks about how little crime there really is compared with other places. There are places in the world where a child is not safe in their own yard, where you have to worry about driving to the store without being carjacked or the store being robbed by an armed criminal. I was raised here and am now raising my own child here and I am not at all worried about him growing up the right way. I don't concern myself with the drug problem because I don't LET it affect me or my child. I know I can teach him right from wrong and I am confident that he will make the right decisions when the time comes. The only people who have to concern themselves with the problems of other people in this town are the ones who don't think they can raise their kids the right way. My parents taught me well and let me live my life and I believe I have done them proud. They didn't worry about who was a drug addict or a drunk because they raised me to have sense enough to avoid those things. But, for those people who don't think they can instill those values in their children, the only way to avoid those situations completely would be to keep their kids locked in their homes. Not to defend the drug abusers, but they do not do the things they do to hurt you personally and if you feel that they do then you place far too much value on yourselves. One way to make our town better is to worry about raising your own family the right way and stop taking personal offense to what others do. Teach your kids to take care of themselves and rise above the negative. If we all teach our kids to be better people than we are then when they grow up maybe our town will be a better place. But if the children of this town are raised to be judgemental and interferring then it will continue to spiral downhill until it really is not worth living in.
laughing

Versailles, KY

#16 Sep 30, 2009
NOTHING, its a drug infested sh*thole
so sad

Columbus, IN

#17 Oct 6, 2009
I grew up on Xalapa Farm in North Middletown hate to hear how bad it is.
NASAYERS

Anderson, SC

#18 Oct 6, 2009
so sad wrote:
I grew up on Xalapa Farm in North Middletown hate to hear how bad it is.
Don't listen to just the lifeless computer worms on here. The ones that get on here and bad mouth the town and its people are part of the problem and not the solution. North Middletown and all towns have problems, but if more people would get involved, volunteer and help, North Middletown could again be a unique bright spot in our state.
NM Cultural Heritage Ctr

Prestonsburg, KY

#19 Oct 6, 2009
Here's a good thing....
The NMCHC has a program for kids age 10-17 to attend on Fridays from 4:30 til 6:30 where they can hang out, play games, listen to music, eat free food and just have fun. It costs $1 a month or $10 per YEAR for 50 weeks of fun.
They also have free movie nights at dusk on Fridays where you can watch family friendly movies just like at the drive in... and did I mention it was FREE and open to anyone?
They have a HUGE Halloween party (3rd year this year) with hayrides, games, prizes, free food, treats, music and fun for everyone, all ages welcome. Last year we had over 200 people. Again, this is at no cost to the participants.
More programs are being started, we just need people who say "there's nothing to do in Middletown, or nothing we can afford to do" to show up and attend!
We've had Storybook Hour, Breakfast with Buddy the Elf at Christmas time, held the Dixville Festival in 2007 and 2008. These were all FREE or at a nominal cost for participants.
Visit www.nmbhc.org if you're interested.
Thank you
dilly

Versailles, KY

#20 Oct 18, 2009
when i was a little girl this was a great little place to live, in the past 20 years or so its gotten worse and worse, we have all types of low down people living here now, most are not even from here, moved here from other places, we do have some homegrown people who have always been human trash, losers like pooch and mule and a few other folks, but there are still good people here. Its a shamne that drugs are such a problem here, when i was younger the only drug anybody had a problem with was pot, and mostly people only got drunk. Now its crack, heroin and all that other junk, its a shame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Middletown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve (RED) Hampton (Dec '10) 2 hr thoughty 10
Curtis Griffin (Feb '09) 3 hr Idk 28
Adam Douglas MISSING 3 hr Right 11
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr now 148,939
Fair 4 hr AmIMissingSomething 1
will anyone hire 14-15 year olds (Sep '09) 4 hr Idkwhattonamyself 11
Chad Donathan 4 hr Concerned citizen 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Middletown Mortgages