Pastor Markus Bishop Arrested

Pastor Markus Bishop Arrested

There are 743 comments on the WMBB-TV Panama City story from Mar 25, 2008, titled Pastor Markus Bishop Arrested. In it, WMBB-TV Panama City reports that:

Pastor Markus Bishop of Faith Christian Family Church has been arrested for allegedly punching his wife.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WMBB-TV Panama City.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#243 Sep 10, 2009
girl wrote:
I am Markus Bishop's Daughter and Margie Bishop was a gold digging premodonna self righteous piece of cilicone. Not even a tasteful person.
Ok, you explained her, now how do you explain your father's behavior? Careful what you say about her, after all your dad must have found something of taste in her. You must have never been present during their Sunday night M & M service. You're not paint a good picture for you dad at all because he ate her up.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#244 Sep 10, 2009
Can't edit, meant to say "painting".
Victim 1

Panama City, FL

#245 Sep 11, 2009
girl wrote:
I am Markus Bishop's Daughter and Margie Bishop was a gold digging premodonna self righteous piece of cilicone. Not even a tasteful person.
Oh, who are you kidding, no-name "girl"?
Mark and Scarlett educated their daughters, and it is obvious from your post that you are semi-illiterate.
Unless of course, you are a daughter of an errant seed...

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#246 Sep 13, 2009
girl wrote:
I am Markus Bishop's Daughter and Margie Bishop was a gold digging premodonna self righteous piece of cilicone. Not even a tasteful person.
Meant to ask which daughter? The one your dad hit across the face or the one the church paid the college tuition for?
No name

AOL

#247 Sep 13, 2009
"Wanting Justice" should get a life. I feel sorry for you. All of your comments are so full of hate.
It looks like you have a lot of time in your hands from reading some of your postings- it also looks like you have a miserable life. AGAIN- GET A LIFE. Maybe you need to look at your ow life, I am sure you have made mistakes- no one is perfect.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#248 Sep 14, 2009
No name wrote:
"Wanting Justice" should get a life. I feel sorry for you. All of your comments are so full of hate.
It looks like you have a lot of time in your hands from reading some of your postings- it also looks like you have a miserable life. AGAIN- GET A LIFE. Maybe you need to look at your ow life, I am sure you have made mistakes- no one is perfect.
Excuse me? Just because I'm reading/posting here, I need a life? I have Topix set to show new posts to some I follow. Guess you need a life too, being you're searching out my posts. I never intended any of my comments to convey hate like some posters here did. If anything, I have apathy for the church. There are alot of good people who love the Lord that are being misguided by Bishop. I'm not miserable at all and am glad to have found another church. Of course I've made mistakes, who hasn't?Christians usually highly regard their pastors as spiritual leaders. So it is hard, when a pastor commits a grievous sin or is discovered to be involved in a pattern of sin. I do pray for Bishop, I just can no longer support his ministry.
cast the first stone

Harlem, GA

#249 Sep 19, 2009
so there are so many with out sin that are throwing stones. be for really all of you ,
each one of you have sinned and all of you have made mistakes, you just didn't have them on the t.v. and in the papers. repent mark has its your turn now. grow in the word, not in sin.
new convert

Bronx, NY

#250 Oct 8, 2009
FREE - what do you mean about the "Word of Faith movement"? What defines these churches? Are there resources available that talk about these issues?
cousin

Birmingham, AL

#251 Oct 24, 2009
girl wrote:
I am Markus Bishop's Daughter and Margie Bishop was a gold digging premodonna self righteous piece of cilicone. Not even a tasteful person.
If you are Mark and Scarlett's daughter, then I am your cousin.
Rex Seegren

Lynn Haven, FL

#252 Nov 4, 2009
Former Member wrote:
I too attended Faith Christian Fellowship as it was called. I had dinner one night with a fellow member. He confided in me that one night he met with Mark Bishop with the intention of killing him because of Mark's affair with his wife. He told me that he had a gun in his pocket when he met Mark. He said that he changed his mind at the last minute; that it wasn't worth it. I don't know what ever happened to him.
Who was this man?
Doris

Graceville, FL

#253 Nov 20, 2009
You people need to be careful, the bible saids JUDGE NOT. I went to that church. I don't attend there now, but it was not by choice. I love that church. Whether he is right or not I am not the judge. But I sincerely believe he believes in what he is preaching. He has a wonderful heart.
This why his church stands behind him.
Victim Number ONE

Panama City, FL

#254 Nov 20, 2009
>> You people need to be careful, the bible saids JUDGE NOT.

"And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me."
John 8:16 (KJV)

>> But I sincerely believe he believes in what he is preaching.

"And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? " Luke 6:46 (KJV)

>> He has a wonderful heart.

"For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock." Acts 20:29 (KJV)

>> This why his church stands behind him.

"And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." Matt 15:14 (KJV)

"As they were increased (money, money, money, money!) so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame (D-I-V-O-R-C-E-S, A-R-R-E-S-T-S). 8 They eat up the sin of my people, and they set their heart on their iniquity. 9 And there shall be, like people, like priest (THAT'S why the church 'stands behind him'): and I will punish them for their ways, and reward them their doings. 10 For they shall eat, and not have enough (I need to get my jet back so you need to increase your giving): they shall commit whoredom (ooh, do we really wanna go there?), and shall not increase: because they have left off to take heed to the Lord. 11 Whoredom (there's that word again) and wine(NOT "this is my blood" wine either) and new wine (prosperity gospel of the flesh without being tempered and led by prosperity of the soul) take away the heart." Hosea 4:7-11 (KJV)
Doris

Graceville, FL

#255 Nov 21, 2009
Just because a person tries to be a christian does not mean they can be perfect, and can make no mistakes. We are human and live with the same
trials and temptations as everyone on this earth.
God is mercy and forgiving. Yall try it, you might like it.
R B K

Panama City Beach, FL

#256 Nov 24, 2009
Markus Bishop is selling Faith Christian Family Church, his $6 million house, and the church's youth center for $30 million total; giving 1/2 to his ex wife Margie that he beat up ALL THE TIME and stealing the other half and running away with his live-in lover, Fany Rojas! He doesn't give a damn about anybody in his "church" except for himself!!!
RBK

Lynn Haven, FL

#257 Nov 25, 2009
I can PROVE he is selling the church! He has removed Faith Christian Family Church's website and Markus Bishop Ministries' websites from the internet, because he doesn't want all the flack that he'll get once he's stolen all the money!!! Why doesn't someone report him to the FBI or the IRS for tax evasion and grand larceny???

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#258 Nov 25, 2009
Doris wrote:
Just because a person tries to be a christian does not mean they can be perfect, and can make no mistakes. We are human and live with the same
trials and temptations as everyone on this earth.
God is mercy and forgiving. Yall try it, you might like it.
No one can be pefect and never make mistakes. I know I've made plenty, but I'm not a leader in the church bringing alot down w/ me. As a preacher, I believe God holds them to higher standards.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#259 Nov 25, 2009
RBK wrote:
I can PROVE he is selling the church! He has removed Faith Christian Family Church's website and Markus Bishop Ministries' websites from the internet, because he doesn't want all the flack that he'll get once he's stolen all the money!!! Why doesn't someone report him to the FBI or the IRS for tax evasion and grand larceny???
He probably isn't reported because of other involvement. He has some big names backing him.
confused

Panama City, FL

#260 Nov 25, 2009
Doris wrote:
Just because a person tries to be a christian does not mean they can be perfect, and can make no mistakes. We are human and live with the same
trials and temptations as everyone on this earth.
God is mercy and forgiving. Yall try it, you might like it.
The meaning of the Greek word we translate as pastor is shepherd. The job title pastor therefore refers to a spiritual shepherd.(See Ephesians 4:11)

In this way, Jesus is referred to as the great Shepherd of the sheep.(Hebrews 13:20) He is the role model for all of God's pastors. Jesus is the great Shepherd and all of His pastors are the lesser shepherds.

By looking at how Jesus shepherds the sheep we can see how a pastor should shepherd the flock of God - God's people.

Markus failed his flock.
Victim Number ONE

Panama City, FL

#261 Nov 25, 2009
confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Markus failed his flock.
Wrong verb.
Roast lamb, lamb chops, lamb stew, rack of lamb..
He has a taste for lamb, rare and bloody.
Mark ate his flock.

His true office is and was teacher. But as for pastoral care, he was never anything more than a hireling. But hey, even a hireling wolf has to eat!:~D
DP Jammer

United States

#262 Nov 29, 2009
I have been going to FCFC for 3 years and was a part of the band. I was one of the people who was looking the other way, trying to give Marcus the benefit of the doubt. But if you look at the mass exodus going on in the church right now,(alot of people who defended him for years), you can see that everyone is finally catching on to his games. I will miss the people there, but I will be looking for a church that spends more time teaching me about God, and less time about how much money I need to give. I truely hope he turns his life around. Im sure his new relationship with Fanny the gold digger will end up in divorce too... Anyone else seeing a pattern here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North-Miami-Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1987 dead woman found on Hayes St 13 hr joan 2
Review: ECO General Contractors Hollywood (Aug '16) Mon lianab 8
pj sutton Sun Pedo judges 2
Heroin in Opa Locka (Oct '12) Jul 18 Anonymous 131
Manuel Apr '17 Curious 2
New Coin laundry Feb '17 so clean 1
Sunshine Skateway (May '09) Jan '17 Lani Weist 16

North-Miami-Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North-Miami-Beach Mortgages