Animal control ordinance revisited

Animal control ordinance revisited

There are 8 comments on the www.mysanantonio.com story from May 20, 2008, titled Animal control ordinance revisited. In it, www.mysanantonio.com reports that:

Kathy Gould was trying to do the right thing a little more than a month ago by turning in a stray dog she had found.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.mysanantonio.com.

charley1868

United States

#1 May 21, 2008
Once they get all of the pets registered, next thing you know we'll be paying taxes on them. Just what we need more taxes, Yep that'll fix everything......
Dave from Windcrest

United States

#2 May 22, 2008
Four dogs or cats is plenty. We have more than enough roaming cats and barking dogs in Windcrest!
Some of our residents should not be allowed to have ONE dog or cat, because they don't comply (have no respect) with the existing ordnances. The dogs bark day and night and their cats urinate on your front or back porch. I'm tired of catching cats only to recatch them again.
fed-up

United States

#3 May 22, 2008
Dave from Windcrest wrote:
Four dogs or cats is plenty. We have more than enough roaming cats and barking dogs in Windcrest!
Some of our residents should not be allowed to have ONE dog or cat, because they don't comply (have no respect) with the existing ordnances. The dogs bark day and night and their cats urinate on your front or back porch. I'm tired of catching cats only to recatch them again.
i live in fredericksburg tx, actually whispering oaks subdivision which is about 5 miles from fredericksburg but still in gillespie county, once you are out of city limits there are no laws that say your dog must be on a leash or limit the number of animals you can have. the laws that apply to city limits should apply to subdivisions and other areas out of city limits with a large concentration of people. my neighborhood has a problem with people getting dogs and them letting them run loose. these dogs deficate everywhere , tear up things , bite people, and kill other animals thats not to mention the fact that they bark all night. when you call law enforcement they tell you to kill the stray dogs because there is no leash law out of fredericksburg. i can promise you if any of our city council members lived out hear they would remedy the problem. i have some neighbors that have 5 to 6 dogs and never feed them or tend to them because the dogs eat at other houses which means the dogs are either eating garbage or taking well cared for pets food. it seems that there are no animal cruelty laws either since the law is telling you to shoot your neighbors dogs and since they won't ticket people for animal collecting or animal neglect

“Texas Rocks!!”

Since: Mar 07

Texas

#4 May 23, 2008
Here's my beef , I live in the country which means about every three weeks an animal(or litter) is dumped at our driveway. it's not just my driveway either , if they go to my neighbors he disposes of them , which is illegal but i'm not reporting him , he has no options , he is a cattle rancher and the dogs are nuisances and dangerous. A limit on pets and mandatory chipping would stop the dumping.
larry

Union City, GA

#5 Oct 21, 2012
People are missing a serious issue and that is our city refusing to address non-leashed dogs and the livestock they are killing. At the park a homeless (lazy) man has let his dogs run wild when he sneaks back in at night for several months. The dogs have killed livestock and are aggressive. Yet the man is still there as are his dogs. What happens when the dogs bite and kill a child . Maybe then our city will put the dogs down and run the bum off. Way to go animal control.
Yesiam1970

United States

#6 Jun 18, 2017
larry wrote:
People are missing a serious issue and that is our city refusing to address non-leashed dogs and the livestock they are killing. At the park a homeless (lazy) man has let his dogs run wild when he sneaks back in at night for several months. The dogs have killed livestock and are aggressive. Yet the man is still there as are his dogs. What happens when the dogs bite and kill a child . Maybe then our city will put the dogs down and run the bum off. Way to go animal control.

PLEASE.state below what YOUR PERSONAL INTERPRETATION is of SAN ANTONIO'S LEASH LAW (off the top of your head, without looking up anything): which, as mentioned earlier, states:

***** All dogs must be confined to their owner's property at all times except when on a leash.*****

I, apparently, did not interpret this correctly, and was given a $300 citation, as a result. I will further explain the "facts" surronding my case, after I get a few replies....as I do not want to potentially influence other people's opinions.

THANKS FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO RESPOND....
Four PAWS Sake
Bow Wow

San Antonio, TX

#7 Jun 18, 2017
Until such time that the leadership on down the line if embeciles are terminated, we will continue to have issues with stray pets, etc. You can't even get these people to answer their phones, much less return a phone call. A damn waste of taxpayer money.
Taxpayer

San Antonio, TX

#8 Jun 18, 2017
Bow Wow wrote:
Until such time that the leadership on down the line if embeciles are terminated, we will continue to have issues with stray pets, etc. You can't even get these people to answer their phones, much less return a phone call. A damn waste of taxpayer money.
You're right about that. Incompetent staff and a blind City Manager that doesn't recognize the failed department. Sculley needs to go!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Loop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
North Loop Music Thread Jul 17 Musikologist 1
Hey there Apr '17 RobeDude 1
Can someone help me get a car Mar '17 Car-queen 1
News Crime 53 mins ago 12:19 p.m.Hero tackles chase ... Mar '17 Car Phart 1
News Driver leads police on high speed chase across ... Mar '17 High pharts 1
News What we know about the botched armed robbery at... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Mangera 1
James Oakley's lynching (Nov '16) Nov '16 LOL 1

North Loop Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Loop Mortgages