Police Ask for Public's Help in Under...

Police Ask for Public's Help in Underage Sex Case

There are 11 comments on the KSL TV story from Mar 18, 2007, titled Police Ask for Public's Help in Underage Sex Case. In it, KSL TV reports that:

Police in Roy have arrested a 50-year-old man accused of arranging a meeting online to have sex with 14-year-old girl. via KSL TV

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSL TV.

gareth

Glasgow, UK

#1 May 8, 2007
i find this worng and distroubing
Proud to be ex-LDS

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 May 8, 2007
I wonder if "Writing in Paradise" feels that this poor creep was "framed" and "en-trapped" just like the poor Air Force Major?
more hypocrisy

Zoe, KY

#3 Jun 1, 2007
Its easy to assume the worst. But, if the guy had been 20 years old would it have had the same impact? Probably not. Just the mere thought that the guy was 50 makes people automatically assume the guy is a molestor. The media has conditioned your minds to prejudge and stereotype. The fact is, just because youve been here 30 or 40 years longer than someone doesnt mean you cant still connect with another human being. The girl was 14 not 10. Theres a difference. Most 14 year olds I went to school with all had sex by then. You can argue it anyway you want according to whatever you believe. But, human nature, instincts, and the body all say its okay to have sex at 14. They look for sex. Its plain stupidity for anyone to say different. I believe that someday these barriers will all come down like the berlin wall. There is an age when children are too young for some things but 14 isnt a child. Its an immature adult only because society represses teenagers and categorizes them. America fronts this belief.
Koko the Gorilla

Salt Lake City, UT

#4 Jun 2, 2007
It is because this guy is from Roy. had he lived in the Avenues, Sugarhouse or Sandy, then we would never hear about it.
Koko the Gorilla

Salt Lake City, UT

#5 Jun 2, 2007
Would anyone like to go to Hooper today?
becareful

United States

#6 Nov 28, 2008
more hypocrisy wrote:
Its easy to assume the worst. But, if the guy had been 20 years old would it have had the same impact? Probably not. Just the mere thought that the guy was 50 makes people automatically assume the guy is a molestor. The media has conditioned your minds to prejudge and stereotype. The fact is, just because youve been here 30 or 40 years longer than someone doesnt mean you cant still connect with another human being. The girl was 14 not 10. Theres a difference. Most 14 year olds I went to school with all had sex by then. You can argue it anyway you want according to whatever you believe. But, human nature, instincts, and the body all say its okay to have sex at 14. They look for sex. Its plain stupidity for anyone to say different. I believe that someday these barriers will all come down like the berlin wall. There is an age when children are too young for some things but 14 isnt a child. Its an immature adult only because society represses teenagers and categorizes them. America fronts this belief.
You must not have kids!! My little girl is 10 and yes she is a little girl and at 14 she will still be a CHILD. It is sick and it would be sick if the guy was 20 or any other age 14 is to young for kids to have sex. 14 is by far a immature adult most 19 and 20 yr. olds are immature adults.
And if most of the kids in your school had already had sex at 14 thats sad. Im 24 so its not been that long ago when I was a little girl my self and there was only 1 of my friends that had sex at 14 and that was because she was raped and it really messed her up. She felt like she was a slut and that no guy would ever want to date her because of it. This is one of the worst crimes there is!!!!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#7 Nov 28, 2008
becareful wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not have kids!! My little girl is 10 and yes she is a little girl and at 14 she will still be a CHILD. It is sick and it would be sick if the guy was 20 or any other age 14 is to young for kids to have sex. 14 is by far a immature adult most 19 and 20 yr. olds are immature adults.
And if most of the kids in your school had already had sex at 14 thats sad. Im 24 so its not been that long ago when I was a little girl my self and there was only 1 of my friends that had sex at 14 and that was because she was raped and it really messed her up. She felt like she was a slut and that no guy would ever want to date her because of it. This is one of the worst crimes there is!!!!
You might have you ages a bit wrong.. you are 24 and you have a 10 year old? Maybe you meant you are 34. And you are soooo right a 14 year old is too young and not prepared for ALL the emotional repercussions
Kiqw

United States

#8 Nov 29, 2008
Do you think Brigham Young thought a 14 year old girl was too young to take as a wife?
death

United States

#9 Jan 1, 2009
i got news for everyone that thinks 14 is to young to have sex. I mean heck come on you can get married and age 12 now, im 37 years old my daughters 12 goin on 13 and heck when she turns 14, if she wants to fuck i dont give a crap as long as she make the guy were a condom... you ppl are down right stupid, back when jesus was alive as long as you could walk and talk you could get married, and once you got old enough to get an erection you could have sex so why the heck does it matter how old you are before you can have sex...cause once you turn 12 ur an adult, you can even get sent to the pin now at age 12 so y the crap does it matter, cause you really want to know something it don't matter. but the best way to really go thogh is to be abstenant but if your thirteen or older and you wanna have sex use protection thats why condoms were made ppl!.
GOOD ADVICE

United States

#10 Jan 10, 2009
TO:death you should have your kids took if you think its all right for your child to have sex at 13 then you are just as bad as all of the other predators out there that pray on children i just hope you dont do it to your own maybe thats what your waiting for is her birthday.
intelligent guy

Salt Lake City, UT

#11 Jan 11, 2009
Joseph smith was married to a 14yo girl
if having sex with a 14yo girl is sick and wrong
then tell me what Joseph smith founder and prophet of the mormon church was was he sick? stop the witch hunt now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Real Estate question? Sat Lenny 1
News Mormon critic John Dehlin says he'll face churc... (Jan '15) Jan '15 No Surprise 1
News More business bills will be debated - The Park ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 byronpatel 1
News Adopted children stuck in Pago (Dec '08) Dec '08 Masina 2
News County's road projects prioritized (Sep '08) Sep '08 Cute_aq hahahahaha 2
News QualSec Enters 2 Billion Dollar Homeland Securi... (Jun '08) Jun '08 David Chong 2
News Cache County - North Logan Man Petitions for Co... (Mar '08) Mar '08 Lothar of the Hil... 2

North Logan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Logan Mortgages