Birds or Guns? Johnson County Residen...

Birds or Guns? Johnson County Residents Decide

There are 4 comments on the KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids story from Jul 6, 2007, titled Birds or Guns? Johnson County Residents Decide. In it, KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids reports that:

“Being able to restrict use to our people so we can use it means someone else would be excluded.”

Police in Johnson County say they need a place to shoot their guns. But the proposed site has some nearby residents pulling the trigger on a protest. via KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids.

blabs

Cedar Rapids, IA

#1 Jul 14, 2007
let them shoot! better training = better policeing
Randy

Wilmington, NC

#2 Jul 14, 2007
Convert a building for an indoor range. Allow the public to shoot there for a fee to help offset the cost and maintain the site. Win, win for all concerned.

“The past defines the future”

Since: Jul 07

Beijing, China

#3 Jul 14, 2007
blabs wrote:
let them shoot! better training = better policeing
I beg to differ: Better training = better shooting.
But even still, that doesn't equal better policing, because –that- is as a result of better training, and not just target practice.

I agree with the poster above: Build a really good -INDOOR- range for everyone, and not just the police. Any good business maximizes the use of an asset.
The police, as with anyone else, would be able to schedule times in advance, such that they are uninterrupted in their training.
Also, an indoor range would facilitate training regardless the weather.

Additionally, a really nice rifle range could be built underneath the pistol range, and have the same number of lanes/slots.

Finally, the whole idea of excluding the public from a range, fairly reeks of an uppity attitude on the part of those who are -SUPPOSED- to be servants to the rest of us. I mean, look: Who pays their salary?
Greg

Clarksville, TN

#4 Jul 14, 2007
I bet the NRA would have a solution. Many police agencies use local NRA facilities.

Greg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Howdy I'm John Peppercorn Aug 28 Anonymous 2
News Contract worker dies in accident at Cedar Rapid... (Jul '12) Aug '17 Josh 4
Looking for a old friend Jul '17 barbiedoll1cake 1
News Cedar Rapids traffic stop leads to discovery of... (Apr '15) Apr '15 iowagay69 2
News Property owner's complaint could delay Liberty ... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Julie VanDyke 1
News Iowa daycare director accused of mocking childr... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Tipton Adaptive D... 1
Ace Electric (Nov '13) Nov '13 Horrible Business 1

North Liberty Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Liberty Mortgages