Anti-police Forum

Posted in the North Las Vegas Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of1,565
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
nick

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Apr 13, 2006
 

Judged:

1

yeah heres one last night i was arguing with someone over 400 dollars they stole from me so the cops come throw me down run my name whatever find out i have no warrants. they ask me to leave the property and i tell them ive been drinking he says leave anyway.so as im leaving a scrape the cops bumper.thats when things got ugly i get out the car and they start treating me like ive commited a crime i keep telling them i want a brethalizer so that i can prove they let me drive drunk then as im putting a cigarette in my mouth the cop smacks the cigarette out my mouth and to the floor. keep in mind this is a simple fender bender i have commited no crime. for two hours im threatened not to tell the traffic cops about the whole incident.but as soon as i get home i called the number and reported it
Patrick wrote:
So, I've noticed that this is mostly an anti-police forum. I've heard stories about police corruption in the Las Vegas area, but never specifics.

Does anyone have any specific story that really shows that police are bad? I would love to hear it.
Jeff Harwood-TWUSEA

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Apr 14, 2006
 
Sorry to here about Gail. We plan to install a tent city which we have named HOPE 1. Can anyone tell me how to get in touch with gail or joe? We're watching the situation there closely.

twusea@comcast.net
Nevada1

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Apr 17, 2006
 
Once AGAIN the records speak for themselves.
Las Vegas police officer quits after being arrested on drug charges. A Seven-year veteran is charged with possession of methamphetamine.

By LAWRENCE MOWER
REVIEW-JOURNAL
A 34-year-old Las Vegas police officer was arrested Sunday on a felony charge of possessing methamphetamine. Michael Schultz, a seven-year veteran of the department who was a patrol officer with the northwest area command, was arrested after officers responded to a domestic violence call at his home in the 8500 block of Wild Diamond Avenue near Floyd Lamb State Park in northwest Las Vegas.

Assistant Sheriff Ray Flynn said neighbors called police about fighting at the couple's house Sunday morning. Police arrived at 10:24 a.m. and saw a "glass, smoking pipe" with crystal residue that they believed was methamphetamine on the floor of Schultz's open garage, according to the arrest report. The officers called their supervisors and the narcotics squad, and detectives obtained a search warrant. The arrest report said detectives searched the home and found three glass smoking pipes and pipe fragments that contained burnt residue and a crystal substance consistent with methamphetamine use in the master bedroom.
Detectives also found a small, yellow baggie containing a number of broken pipes and glass stems and a substance that police suspected was methamphetamine, the arrest report notes. When officers asked Schultz about a gray 2002 Ford Mustang parked in the driveway, he said it was his but didn't know where the keys were, while checking his pockets. Detectives then searched Schultz and found the keys in his front left shorts pocket, the report stated. In his car, detectives found 1.2 grams of methamphetamine.
Think about this, a gun carrying cop, on drugs, driving in your neighborhood, and around your kids.
Patty

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Apr 17, 2006
 
Everyone should take a look at this web site. Although is last years poll, it reflects a lot of voters opinions at the time in relations to a bill to give the cops approx 90 million dollars of taxpayers money to buy more cops.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/73rd/opinions/vwCo...

For Liberty News
Patty
AGAIN

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
May 8, 2006
 
A suspect was shot 13 times by police, and officers are defending their actions, saying they had no choice but to fire.

It happened early Sunday morning in North Las Vegas, near Scott Robinson and Alexander. Police were trying to pull over the man who they say was driving recklessly, and running stop signs.

Authorities say they fired their weapons after the driver tried to ram into them. Tim Bedwell with North Las Vegas Police says "For what ever reason he chose to ram a police car."

"That's an act of deadly force against our officers and, this hasn't been investigated fully yet, but generally deadly force against a police officer justifies deadly force in response.

The 3 officers involved in the incident are on routine administrative leave. The suspect is expected to recover.

Is it out of control police or police abuse, or maybe both..
One thing for sure, this wasn't deadly force and doesn't justify this type of police overzellous need to shoot at citizens, good or bad.
DOTT

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
May 8, 2006
 
A suspect was shot 13 times by police, and officers are defending their actions, saying they had no choice but to fire.

It happened early Sunday morning in North Las Vegas, near Scott Robinson and Alexander. Police were trying to pull over the man who they say was driving recklessly, and running stop signs.

Authorities say they fired their weapons after the driver tried to ram into them. Tim Bedwell with North Las Vegas Police says "For what ever reason he chose to ram a police car."

"That's an act of deadly force against our officers and, this hasn't been investigated fully yet, but generally deadly force against a police officer justifies deadly force in response.

The 3 officers involved in the incident are on routine administrative leave. The suspect is expected to recover.

Is it out of control police or police abuse, maybe both..
One thing for sure, this wasn't deadly force and doesn't justify this type of police overzellous need to shoot at people good or bad. Where is the due process? RIGHTS?
DOTT

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
May 8, 2006
 
A 34 year old suspect was shot 13 times by police, and officers are defending their actions, saying they had no choice but to fire. It happened early Sunday morning in North Las Vegas, near Scott Robinson and Alexander. Police were trying to pull over the man who they say was driving recklessly, and running stop signs.

Authorities say they fired their weapons after the driver tried to ram into them. Tim Bedwell with North Las Vegas Police says "For what ever reason he chose to ram a police car.""That's an act of deadly force against our officers and, this hasn't been investigated fully yet, but generally deadly force against a police officer justifies deadly force in response.

The 3 officers involved in the incident are on routine administrative leave. The suspect is expected to recover. Why where these cops out of control? One thing for sure, this wasn't deadly force by the motorist and doesn't justify this type of police overzealous need to shoot at people good or bad. Where is the Due Process? This motorist has RIGHTS despite any confrontation? Why are the cops getting paid and put on a vacation when they couldnít control the situation without having to shoot someone?
EDGERUNNER

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
May 9, 2006
 
It is standard procedure to place an Officer on administrative leave after being involved in a shooting. I would not describe it as a vacation, it is always a traumatic and stressful experience for any Police Officer.

Each situation is unique, but generally if someone is ramming your car with their car it IS considered deadly force. And if this person is willing to ram a police car, than that person is probably willing to ram through anything and anyone to escape, including running down innocent people, even you, your friends, and your family.

Yes, there are a few bad seeds in the Department, but it appears that their own departments are doing a good job of dealing with these bad seeds, so it is untrue to claim the entire department is corrupt.

I agree that there are bad apples out there, but I think some of you do not realise the difference between police doing their job and police harrassing people. I know there are plenty of legitimate complaints against police in Las Vegas, I should know, because I have read every single Internal Affairs complaint filed against Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department for the past five years. Fact is, although there has been a dramatic increase in police officers in Vegas, there has also been a dramatic decline in complaints filed against Vegas Police. I do not know too much about Henderson police, but Las Vegas Metro is one of the finest departments in the Nation.

Perhaps those of you who feel as if you are being harrassed are actually scumbags who are more than deserving of what you refer to as "harrassment". I on the other hand would refer to it as Police doing their job. If you simply stop acting like a lowlife scumbag then you will probably receive less "harrassment" from Polce.

Btw, to those of you Police-Haters out there, if you ever get into some serious trouble, such as being robbed, held hostage, or soemthing like that, I promise, there will be a team of Police heading to the scene who will put their own lives in extreme danger to save your dumb asses. And Police put their lives on the line every day. So give credit where credit is due. And if you think you hate bad cops, well let me tell you, actual Police Officers hate them even more, cuz it makes them all look bad.

If you must hate, at least reserve your hate for the few individuals worthy of it, it is a mistake to blame an entire depatment.
ALERT

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
May 9, 2006
 
People donít be delusional, the only reason for the dramatic increase in Las Vegas police was because, the voters were duped into a sales tax increase, to hire more police, by the political ramblings, of the corrupt Sheriff Bill Young and then they tossed a couple more patrols on the street while waiting for the money. Now we hear that that tax money is being diverted for other things. As for the decline in complaints, this simply isnít true. Nevada passed a law that essentially gags the citizens from making complaints against police and passed a law that reverses the complaint and puts the charges against the filer. In other words, Nevada has violated the US Constitution Bill of Rights. As for the stink hole called Henderson, as a resident and victim of their abusive motorcycle patrol and the ramblings of there unethical corrupt municipal court judge Ken Proctor, a state of war was established, where as every legal means, is and will be used to fight the battle to reform and shine the spot light of justice against these terrorist hiding behind the badge. The e-mail apology by the former chief of police and current mayor means nothing without change. The police internal affairs department has failed to weed out their bad cops. The voters and taxpayers continue to be abused. The police are out of control. The war continues. The system has failed. American freedoms are at stake. Why do you think Henderson/Las Vegas has so many lawyers? To fight the corrupt laws and accusation imposed by the abusive cops. Wake up people. The police are not on your side. This is America not Nazi Germany.
steve

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
May 9, 2006
 
John wrote:
More police abuse?. Could the police have handled it differently or is murder the only way to solve this latest case in Nevada?
LAS VEGAS (AP)-- Las Vegas police say they shot and killed a man last night who supposedly threatened officers with kitchen knives.
Police say the shooting happened when officers responded to a domestic violence call, a little after midnight at the residents home.
An officer fired twice, killing and taking the life of the 43-year-old man after police claimed he lunged toward an officer with a kitchen knife in each hand.
The woman who called police told investigators her boyfriend was bi-polar and had suicidal tendencies. Someone that needed special care and handling.
The officer who killed the resident is a six-year veteran of the department. He's on paid administrative leave -- and his name won't be released until Wednesday.
(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Out of control police who doesnít know how to help the mental ?
Shoot first, then shoot again, and then when everyone is dead, try to ask a question or offer some sort of medical assistance to those who need it. Not in Las Vegas. Not in Henderson. You decide.
Well John, Its a good thing you weren't the Metro Officer that had to deal with an armed bi-polar and sucidal subject in a highly emotional domestic situation. If that was you, while you were trying to "talk it out" with the guy, your fellow officers would be notifing your next of kin after the suspect stabbed you 50 times. You are a typical liberal cop hater that knows jack shit about what it takes to do the job everyday. When I read the article about this particular incident I don't recall seeing your name in there. Its pretty dangerous to assume that you know what happen that night based on news report. Nevada has been ranked as the most dangerous state in the country several times in recent years. That tells you alot considering Nevada is one of the smallest states, population wise.
You Have No Clue

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
May 9, 2006
 
Nevada1 wrote:
The officer who killed the 43 year old resident has been with the Metropolitan Police Department for six years, police said. Yet, to date the officer's name hasn't been released. The department policy is to give the cop a paid vacation or as they call it put on administrative leave with pay while they find ways to cover up the abuse.
The 43 year old Mr Jackman was the fifth person killed by Las Vegas police this year.
Santana Baca, a 46-year-old fugitive from New Mexico, was shot and killed by police Jan. 2 outside the Lowe's store at 2875 E. Charleston Blvd., near Fremont Street, after he was first shot with a stun gun and then allegedly pulled a pistol from his waistband during a struggle with police.
That same day, police shot and killed 47-year-old Edgar Doubleday of Las Vegas, who opened fire on officers near Rochelle Avenue and Mountain Vista Street, where they were investigating a claim by a woman who said someone was stalking her outside her home and waving a gun.
On Feb. 1, on Feather Duster Court, near Durango Drive and Patrick Lane, police killed 21-year-old Amir Rashid Crump during a gun battle after Crump shot and killed Las Vegas police Sgt. Henry Prendes, 37, who was responding to a domestic disturbance call.
Then, on Feb. 9, police shot and killed Christopher Scott Hawkins, 32, at an apartment complex on Owens Avenue, near Eastern Avenue, after a gun battle and standoff in which Hawkins fired 40 shots at police and they fired 605 rounds. Hawkins opened fire after police responded to a complaint of marijuana smoke in the Woodridge Villas apartment complex.
Coroner's inquests concluded that police were justified in killing Baca and Doubleday. The inquest regarding Crump's slaying is to begin on Thursday, and the inquest regarding the shootings of Hawkins and Jackman will take place in the weeks thereafter.
And so the murder and killings by police goes on, with no regard for due process or Constitutional rights. What ever happened to America? Nevada is a "Police State" just like in NAZI Germany WWII.
What a sad day for Americans.
In John's world, it is ok for people to kill police officers but god forbid if the police try to defend themselves or others with deadly force. Once again John's Liberal views are completely wrong. If Nevada was a police state then it would not be one of the most dangerous states in the country. It probably needs to become a police state to get the extremely high crime rate under control.
You Have No Clue

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
May 9, 2006
 
I don't see any of you cry baby liberals commenting on all of the police officers that are killed every year in this country. I guess its ok if police officers are killed and there children have to grow up with out them (according to you anti-police liberals). In Fairfax County, Virgina last night several police officers were gunned down at a police station at shift change. They ended up shooting and killing the shooter. Are you guys going to bitch about the cops defending themselves against a premeditated cop killer.
You Have No Clue

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
May 9, 2006
 
I don't see any of you cry baby liberals commenting on all of the police officers that are killed every year in this country. I guess its ok if police officers are killed and their children have to grow up with out them (according to you anti-police liberals). In Fairfax County, Virgina last night several police officers were gunned down at a police station at shift change. They ended up shooting and killing the shooter. Are you guys going to bitch about the cops defending themselves against a premeditated cop killer.
Good news

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
May 9, 2006
 
News Flash! May 9, 2006 02:22 PM EDT.
Statement from Sheriff Bill Young announcing he will not seek re-election. Finally! Good ridden!! Thank you! Itís about time! Thatís another one for the Gipper. That now makes two major cops that have quit this year. First was Henderson chief and now this political deadbeat cop Bill Young.The fact that everyone fails to see is that both these head cops have FAILED to maintain control on those abusive, trigger happy, gun carrying individuals under their command. Citizens trust and respect must be earned by the police and yet they have failed at that too.
Who's next..
REX

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
May 9, 2006
 
EDGERUNNER wrote:
It is standard procedure to place an Officer on administrative leave after being involved in a shooting. I would not describe it as a vacation, it is always a traumatic and stressful experience for any Police Officer.
Each situation is unique, but generally if someone is ramming your car with their car it IS considered deadly force. And if this person is willing to ram a police car, than that person is probably willing to ram through anything and anyone to escape, including running down innocent people, even you, your friends, and your family.
Yes, there are a few bad seeds in the Department, but it appears that their own departments are doing a good job of dealing with these bad seeds, so it is untrue to claim the entire department is corrupt.
I agree that there are bad apples out there, but I think some of you do not realise the difference between police doing their job and police harrassing people. I know there are plenty of legitimate complaints against police in Las Vegas, I should know, because I have read every single Internal Affairs complaint filed against Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department for the past five years. Fact is, although there has been a dramatic increase in police officers in Vegas, there has also been a dramatic decline in complaints filed against Vegas Police. I do not know too much about Henderson police, but Las Vegas Metro is one of the finest departments in the Nation.
Perhaps those of you who feel as if you are being harrassed are actually scumbags who are more than deserving of what you refer to as "harrassment". I on the other hand would refer to it as Police doing their job. If you simply stop acting like a lowlife scumbag then you will probably receive less "harrassment" from Polce.
Btw, to those of you Police-Haters out there, if you ever get into some serious trouble, such as being robbed, held hostage, or soemthing like that, I promise, there will be a team of Police heading to the scene who will put their own lives in extreme danger to save your dumb asses. And Police put their lives on the line every day. So give credit where credit is due. And if you think you hate bad cops, well let me tell you, actual Police Officers hate them even more, cuz it makes them all look bad.
If you must hate, at least reserve your hate for the few individuals worthy of it, it is a mistake to blame an entire depatment.
You are citing Metro.. This incident involved NLVPD.
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
May 15, 2006
 
The officers names will never be released. I lived in that area and the citizens there will do nothing. The local news will do nothing. It reminds me of that inglewood incident a few years back. Those officers won 2 million dollars for beating that kid. What kind of message does that send to other officers? Now you can actually shoot someone in the back! The local news media will bury this story today because, too many ignorant people think police can do no wrong. Your wrong and ignorant. If, I become a cop, I am suddenly your hero? Will you make excuses for me when I screw up and kill, beat, lie, steal. Yes prolly and that makes you dumb. I am not a cop because I could not resist beating people up I did not like. Lets reward the good cops and punish the bad ones severely to make an example. I also find it interesting the race of the "child" was not mentioned. And you can feel this story dying because 11 people killed by LVMPD in all last year is allready surpassed. get it together vegas, your police are far worse than LAPD. This story should go national!
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
May 15, 2006
 
I was talking about the 11th police killing so far this year in east las vegas. The "murder suspect" who never got his day in court cause metro thinks it is judge jury and executioners! The child was handcuffed and ran from police after escaping the vehicle. The police too lazy to do their job shot the handcuffed child in the back and killed him. Las vegas police are far more corrupt than the notorious LAPD. Why is it that they get away with it? Well because LA is the news entertainment capitol of the world. Las vegas claims that it is but the local media hold their police and politics very closely to not disturb the public. Or, make them aware.

Wake Up las vegas. it could be your kid next.
Spytheweb

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
May 20, 2006
 
Take a look at the world's dumbest cops, still feel safe?

http://www.unknownnews.net/cops.html
Victim 777

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
May 20, 2006
 
Are there any local lawyers that will stand against the cops in Las Vegas? I am a victim of Abuse of Power, Excessive Force and Police Brutality by LVPD. When I drive in Las Vegas I am not afraid of criminals, I AM AFRAID OF THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!
I am a law abiding citizen and was recently arrested for resisting arrest. I was shot with a Tazer Gun at point blank range after the cop ordered me to step out of my car. He had absolutly no reason to do so! I was in shock and actually thought this jerk was trying to kill me! I was arrested and my car towed. Now $500 later for bond and $200 later for the tow. I cannot find a lawyer to take my case. If you know of any please post it here for all to see. Psyco Cop has caused enough pain and suffering after violating virtually all of my civil rights. Is there no hope for the victims of bad cops in Las Vegas? Is there really justice in the courts or am I better off just shutting up and leaving the state quietly before the gang in tan uniforms silence me for good? The State of Nevada is in the buisiness of Police for Profit. And Jail for Profit. They blew the budjet on the expansion of the Clark County Detention Center by Millions! Then they got more cops. Then they got the cops more money. Now we have more money makers for the system. Ive lost the sensation of feel in my thumbs because I was cuffed with such force that they cut into my arms and damaged the nerves to my thumbs. It took over 2 mins to remove them because they could not be compressed any further. Is this proper Police work or an old cop trick just to screw the defendant even more? When in Las Vegas BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID! NOT OF THE PEOPLE BUT THE PSYCOS WITH THE BADGES!!!!
Sad

Sterling Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
May 21, 2006
 
Victim 777 wrote:
Are there any local lawyers that will stand against the cops in Las Vegas? I am a victim of Abuse of Power, Excessive Force and Police Brutality by LVPD. When I drive in Las Vegas I am not afraid of criminals, I AM AFRAID OF THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!
I am a law abiding citizen and was recently arrested for resisting arrest. I was shot with a Tazer Gun at point blank range after the cop ordered me to step out of my car. He had absolutly no reason to do so! I was in shock and actually thought this jerk was trying to kill me! I was arrested and my car towed. Now $500 later for bond and $200 later for the tow. I cannot find a lawyer to take my case. If you know of any please post it here for all to see. Psyco Cop has caused enough pain and suffering after violating virtually all of my civil rights. Is there no hope for the victims of bad cops in Las Vegas? Is there really justice in the courts or am I better off just shutting up and leaving the state quietly before the gang in tan uniforms silence me for good? The State of Nevada is in the buisiness of Police for Profit. And Jail for Profit. They blew the budjet on the expansion of the Clark County Detention Center by Millions! Then they got more cops. Then they got the cops more money. Now we have more money makers for the system. Ive lost the sensation of feel in my thumbs because I was cuffed with such force that they cut into my arms and damaged the nerves to my thumbs. It took over 2 mins to remove them because they could not be compressed any further. Is this proper Police work or an old cop trick just to screw the defendant even more? When in Las Vegas BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID! NOT OF THE PEOPLE BUT THE PSYCOS WITH THE BADGES!!!!
Henderson cops are just as bad.
The problem is the judges are supporting the abuse and they are getting away with it.
We too have been the victims of police corruption and abuse.
The lawyers in the Vegas valley are in business filing bankruptcy's not criminal law. Suggest you contact the Federal Department of Justice or lawyer referal service. Write letters to everybody and everybody you can think of. Write a complaint to the police internal affiars but don't expect them to act on you side. They may in fact use what you say against you. Be carful, there is new laws on the books to protect the cops for complaints. Contact the ACLU lawyers it may be your only hope. Then arm your self with camera's, video's and start recording the police abuse in the city. Get evidence against them. CYA (cover your a..).. Learn how to fight back. Get others on your side. The internet has many sights that can help. Good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of1,565
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

North Las Vegas Jobs

•••
•••
•••

North Las Vegas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••