Toddler dies in N. Kingstown fish pond

Toddler dies in N. Kingstown fish pond

There are 3 comments on the WPRI Providence and Rhode Island story from Aug 11, 2008, titled Toddler dies in N. Kingstown fish pond. In it, WPRI Providence and Rhode Island reports that:

A one year old boy has died after falling into a fish pond. The toddler was in the care of a babysitter when he wandered outside and into a small pond in the home's backyard.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPRI Providence and Rhode Island.

Cindy K

Portsmouth, RI

#1 Aug 13, 2008
Tragic. Precautions need to be taken with these fish ponds, that seem to be very popular , as I see more people adding them to their yards.

These "ponds" need to be treated just like swimming pools, a child small enough can drown as shown with this very sad accident.

“I'll let you know when I get 1”

Since: Sep 08

North Kingstown

#2 Sep 23, 2008
The child's death was very tragic, but it was also senseless. Where was the babysitter in all of this? Just about anyone with half a brain knows that when you care for young children you have to be on top of things at all times because the child is too young to understand danger.
Lindsay

Rumford, RI

#3 Sep 23, 2008
and where in the world was the babysitter? I so totally agree with MissScarlett76.
When a child is too young they tense to blind us adult, because they are too quick in doing everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Kingstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Hispanic Snapchats here! (Jul '16) Nov 29 Ben_doso 18
Meghan Markle Prince Harry Bi-Racial- England's... Nov 27 Black Queen Sophia 1
Sandra Blais Nursing Asst License Suspended 7/1... Nov 23 nursing asst thief 2
nathan goldberg Nov '17 sbt 1
Waterford Towers Mgr Jason Perron Post No Com... Nov '17 evict tenant post... 2
News Republican Morgan announces run for Rhode Islan... Oct '17 Rick Grant 1
bored (Oct '16) Oct '16 skeen440 1

North Kingstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance