Teacher pleads not guilty to charge o...

Teacher pleads not guilty to charge of simple assault on Burril...

There are 5 comments on the Providence Journal story from Feb 17, 2009, titled Teacher pleads not guilty to charge of simple assault on Burril.... In it, Providence Journal reports that:

A Burrillville teacher accused of poking a 10-year-old in the chest with a pointer also poked two of his classmates that same day during technology class at Steere Farm Elementary School, according to the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Providence Journal.

CarolAnn

AOL

#1 Feb 18, 2009
Mrs. Roberts has a long career as a caring and dedicated teacher. It is so unfair for her name and reputation to be put on the line for this incident. We haven't even heard the whole story. This child needs to learn some respect and his father needs to learn how to parent his child. His first response to his child's story should have been why weren't you following the classroom expectations, and his second response should have been a punishment. His third response should have been an apology to the teacher!!
Dan L

Lewiston, ME

#2 Mar 3, 2009
Glad this teacher doesn’t teach my child. There are so many capable young teachers out there who really WANT to teach and know how to CARE about kids and get through to them without being physical about it. And these old crank pot teachers hang on for money not because they care about the kids.-And who pays the price? Us because we get a bunch of scared or nasty kids that come out of being around this kind of example of how to be in the world. They get the idea if You don’t like what someone does go after them with a poker. Can you imagine if we all went after people with pokers if they didn’t talk to us nicely-try doing that the next time a cashier at Walmarts isn’t nice to you and see if you get to just walk away.This lady obviously just wants to to get some extra money and a pension. She should be removed and fined. Who knows what she will do the next time- miss where she is aiming with her poker and hit some poor kids eye because they raised their hand at an inappropriate time? What she did with one kid was bad enough but now there are two more kids who came forward saying she has come at them with Pokers. Glad they arrested her.
Helen

Lewiston, ME

#3 Mar 13, 2009
Naomi ROberts is married to James J. Roberts. They were both previously married to other people. Both had their kids taken away at one point before they knew each other. James is currently being charged with stealing intellectual property in the federal courts. In the school records Naomi Roberts assaulted before and drew blood.- read the other boards. This is the third publicly known incident (there may be more) where she has gone after children physically. James Roberts is well known as a scammer and knows how to manipulate the system and make things look as if they are truth when they are not. I can't help but wonder who is behind a lot of the posts that claim Naomi Roberts innocense and say extremely negative things about a 10 year old boy whose voice was loud! I don't think I have to look too hard though... James J. Roberts latest escapade in the court system is to sue someone first that he stold intellectual property from so he can attempt to look innocent. He is well known as a scammer. This is Naomi Roberts third offense she had her own kids taken away at one point - but we should waste tax payers money allowing her to teach take paid leave and give her a pension. I don't think so.

Since: Feb 09

AOL

#4 Mar 15, 2009
dan and helen how many neddle name are you going to go by i have fowarded your post to the proper place were it should be.

it reads like you are tryintg to intenesionaly distroy them you have used 5 diferent names in your postings and have gone out of your way to post nregitively about them and yet you have shown no repeat no evidence that you are speaking the truth i find it hard to think that their are 5 residends of your little small town in me that know this teacher and dislike her.

you all have great day. oh what you are doing is againest the law thank you.

Since: Feb 09

AOL

#5 Mar 17, 2009
hey ass kissers charges were dropped and now she should sue all of you. lol lol lol lol nice try in distroying a teacher that you knew nothing about. oh and daddy might be arrested as well now for filling a fake report oh my seam like the social worker dose not exsist. oh well lol lol lol lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Kingstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Furniture Depot RI Owner Mukesh Tandon Sells R... Jun 17 furniture depot 1
Doris Conklin Sect 8 Apt Arrested Mftg Selling... Jun 6 sect 8 apt drug d... 7
West Warwick May 31 Karma 1
Damaged property May 29 Veronica Duarte 2
News West Warwick (May '14) May 29 Veronica Duarte 2
News Fight to legalize gay marriage in Rhode Island (Jan '13) May '16 Sandra Joseph 525
News 800-pound Rhode Island man says he's determined... (Nov '15) May '16 Three Days 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Kingstown Mortgages