Teen Critical After North Kingstown S...

Teen Critical After North Kingstown Shooting l WPRI.com

There are 51 comments on the WPRI Providence and Rhode Island story from Feb 9, 2009, titled Teen Critical After North Kingstown Shooting l WPRI.com. In it, WPRI Providence and Rhode Island reports that:

Police in North Kingstown continue to investigate after a teenaged boy is shot by police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPRI Providence and Rhode Island.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Feb 09

AOL

#42 Feb 11, 2009
whate ever the case go over your work before you say something about someone eles becuse thats not what it looks like.
DWAI

Narragansett, RI

#43 Mar 3, 2009
SKR wrote:
My thoughts & prayers are with the NKPD. They are there to protect us & they did. Do you want a person running around town wealding a knife or do you want to be safe. To Jerry, have you read the articles??? They did stun him & he continued to lunge at them with a knife. I'd like to know what you would do in that situation!
I'd tell you what I would not do and that is shoot the kid 9 times. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. NK cops are a disgrace.
charlie1234

Cranston, RI

#44 Mar 3, 2009
Rhode Island is a communist police state run by a one party machine.Any one who objects to this shall be executed.
charlie1234

Cranston, RI

#45 Mar 3, 2009
Im sorry for the previous comment...maybe it wasnt"POLITICALLY CORRECT"....dolzvadania comrades....
Kathleen

Providence, RI

#46 Mar 3, 2009
Josh wrote:
the updated story(as of tonight) stated that the stun gun didn't work..so much for the superhuman strength that threatened the police officers. you shoot a human being in leg if it's the absolute last resort....not 9 times, 3 in the face, and several in vital organs. that's a bunch of ****...i knew mark personally. he allowed myself and band members to stay at his apartment while we were on tour...nicest kid i've ever met in my life. hang in there mark...
Thanks Josh I remember Mark telling me about meeting you a few summers ago and letting you stay with him on federal hill, he is the nicest kid..we're hanging in there love his mom

“IT IS EASY BEING GREEN!!!!”

cranston,ri

#47 Mar 4, 2009
I am sorry to hear a Law Enforcement Officer was hurt!! the man they say has mental problems in the first report! Hopefully he will survive and get the help he needs!! when you are mentally Ill treatment is the key!! glad to hear no one else was hurt!! trying to serve and protect is a hard job I would not want to be the officers who had no choice but to open fire on the man I'm sure the Officers will be haunted by their decision!! but I do understand it!!

“IT IS EASY BEING GREEN!!!!”

cranston,ri

#48 Mar 4, 2009
Kathleen wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Josh I remember Mark telling me about meeting you a few summers ago and letting you stay with him on federal hill, he is the nicest kid..we're hanging in there love his mom
This is very sad on both sides I know about mental Illness a family member of mine is Ill! it is a hard nut to crack!! I pray he will be ok!! and I am sure the Officers feel bad I wouldn't want to think this was done intentionally!! trust me they will be haunted by their actions for the rest of their lives!! I just feel so very badly alot of people do not take the time to understand mental Illness some people just label them I have seen it it is really sad!! HANG IN THERE!! I'll keep praying!!
kathy

Barrington, RI

#49 Mar 22, 2009
If police aren't properly trained, they are going to screw up, and they sure did on this case. This isn't an isolated situation. I have been researching this for a few years now since my brother was shot to death (9 bullets also). There are many people in RI and the rest of the country who are suing municipalities due their grave errors. This poor young man was a known mentally ill person. He was very depressed, and was seeking help, and panicked. Instead of the police helping, they ruined this kid. There is plenty of training out there for police depts. I have friends in the field, and there are alot less incidents when police are trained. To Mark's mom, I have been in contact with other families who have gone through this. We are going to be working a statewide and national legislation to properly train the police on dealing with the mentally ill, and even have a mental episode due to diabetes, etc. When police are trained, they are safer, and so are those who are sick.
anne

Pelham, NH

#50 Aug 13, 2009
maybe u should know the fcats before you speak. they did taser him many times and they he ran at them with a knife in a stabbing motion......
kabool wa dhabar

East Greenwich, RI

#51 Aug 13, 2009
DWAI wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd tell you what I would not do and that is shoot the kid 9 times. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. NK cops are a disgrace.
I herd one is in a crime familie
djazz

East Greenwich, RI

#52 Aug 14, 2009
Too bad they couldn't invent a device that shoots a net.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Kingstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Furniture Depot RI Owner Mukesh Tandon Sells R... Jun 17 furniture depot 1
Doris Conklin Sect 8 Apt Arrested Mftg Selling... Jun 6 sect 8 apt drug d... 7
West Warwick May 31 Karma 1
Damaged property May 29 Veronica Duarte 2
News West Warwick (May '14) May 29 Veronica Duarte 2
News Fight to legalize gay marriage in Rhode Island (Jan '13) May 25 Sandra Joseph 525
News 800-pound Rhode Island man says he's determined... (Nov '15) May '16 Three Days 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Kingstown Mortgages