Two killed, three injured in car crash

Full story: Kansas City Star

Two women were killed Saturday night and three other people injured in a car accident on Missouri Highway 13 near Clinton, Mo.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
anymouse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 27, 2007
 
I've never seen a Mustang yet that wasn't doing 20-30mph over the speed limit. I'm glad that wasn't my mother coming the other way.
girlygirl

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 27, 2007
 
Speed kills. How many times have we heard that! People hear about these tragedies every day, but no one seems to be paying much attention or they wouldn't go right out on the highway and start driving like the Indy, cutting in and out of traffic and generally just driving carelessly!
relative

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 28, 2007
 
You need more information before you make a snap judgement. The information that I have says that she was not driving 20-30 mph over the limit, but that the driver over-corrected when her passenger side front-tire ran slightly off the shoulder. This wasn't a 'careless' or 'wreckless' error, but rather one of driver inexperience which I'm certain that the two of you have been through that as well. It is a tragedy for everyone involved.
girlygirl

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 29, 2007
 
You're right and I stand corrected. Some crisis you meet on the road happen so fast you barely have time to think, let alone react. I apologize for the judgement, however, in regards to driving in general, sometimes I feel like I'm the lone person who does the speed limit, slows down in work zones and doesn't weave in and out of traffic. It gets more dangerous out there every day, and I believe alot of it is just because the roads are too darn crowded! People do need to slow down and drive more responsibly. But everyone hates to hear about fatalities, nevertheless.
Another Relative

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 29, 2007
 
from what I have heard on some earier comments, was that hwy 13 was not a very safe hwy. I am not from mo. and I dont know the way that hwy is made and all the problems others have had with it as well. We do need are facts straight and need all the information from the police reports before making such statements. Just so you know, your not the only person girlygirl that follows all the rules of the road. I do as well. I however think we are all guilty of looking at our speedometer and realize that we to are going faster than we should be going.If hwy 13 is as bad as I've heard then the community needs to come togethier as a whole and bring it up with modot and others in charge of that state. Also are we all forgeting that there was one survivor from the mustang. Maybe when hes well he could shed some light on the situation, but maybe it happened so fast he
may not be able to remember. We all still need to keep all the families in this accident in our thoughts and prayers.
witbit118

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 30, 2007
 
I drive an 18 wheeler and see first hand more accidents than most do. I drive 20- 30 states a year. And you just never know when its your turn to go
vicki ryles

Butler, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 31, 2007
 
I am Melinda's mother. That was my baby in that car, with her best friend. How dare you judge with your mighty mouth without knowing the true facts of what happened because neither car was speeding nor were there any drugs or alcohol involved. I doubt you know, or will ever know the feeling of loosing your only child, then to hear people like you talking trash when you don't know the facts. God forgive you.....................
friend of big sister

Salina, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 31, 2007
 
How dare you use your mouth to JUDGE 2-young girls about this accident before you know all the facts. It's not the Mustang that cause the accident it's a very bad hwy with no shoulder. You mouth should be use to pray for the girls families, and the survivors, not JUDGING them. If you think the roads are to crowned then walk ride a bike. Just for the record most people try and follow the rules of the road, but things happen. I wonder if you have ever lost a dear friend or family member to a accident. Losing a child is one of the hardest things in this life time to have to go through. The heart ache and healing is a long road. God forgive you for Judging people you don't know. My heart goes out to Melinda's Mom Vicki, and the other girl's parent and family and the 3 survivors of this tragedy accident.
Young adult

Salina, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 1, 2007
 
Both Kansas City people. You hear about accidents all the time, but just stop a moment think about what it would be like to live in the moment of an accident. I have and anyone who has should know how it feels. HWYS are bad no matter where they are it is how they are made I have lost my preacher and one of doctors and also a very close friend. All the accidents were not their faults in fact they were are two lane highways no shoulders. In this mighty world there is only one judge and he is our creator. SO Judge not or be judged take your pick.
I for one do not like driving in the dark and that is when most accidents occur and it is not cars that kill it is the roads even if you are driving safe. My thoughts are with the family and friends who lost someone very dear to them.
Mother of Young adult

Salina, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 1, 2007
 
Let me begin by saying that my thoughts and prayers are with the families of both girls. Before unfairly judging anyone put yourself in their shoes and since that is not possible we do not really know what happened in the last minutes of these young peoples lives. I have a young adult and I have been driving since I was 14 there are many different circumstances that occur while driving and sometimes you don't have time to think all you can do is react. Don't judge someone without knowing all the facts and the circumstances surrounding the accident. Instead of judging these young people you should put your energy into working toward better roads and highways and also praying for the families of those that were lost. You also need to ask for forgiveness for your stupidity in unfairly judging other individuals. It is the Lord's place to judge not ours!!!!!
a cousin of vicki

Jamesport, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 2, 2007
 
i'm sorry all this had to happen.there wouldn't have to be no tears.....
girlygirl

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 3, 2007
 
If this was meant for me, I wasn't judging anybody. What happened was a tragedy. However the fact remains that there is way too much carelessness on the road. I just stated a fact. Oh, by the way, I have lost 2 immediate family members in horrific accidents on the road and my sympathy goes out to you and your family.
a cousin of vicki

Jamesport, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 3, 2007
 
i meant to say i'm sorry the accident happened. Girly girl, this is just a tight matter and i'm sure it was also a misunderstanding. i'm sorry for your losses as well.
Vickis neice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 4, 2007
 
The note from my aunt vicki was aimed at the comment at the very top from the anonymous person about the mustang.....
marie

Prairie Village, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 18, 2007
 
anymouse wrote:
I've never seen a Mustang yet that wasn't doing 20-30mph over the speed limit. I'm glad that wasn't my mother coming the other way.
That is the most boldfaced god damn lie i have ever heard my little sister whom was the owner of that mustang was a great driver and SHE DID NOT SPEED YOU DILL HOLES! and her best friend who just so happened to be driving that nite was afraid of speed!!!!! So know who your talkin bout before you say shit you aholes have some god damn sympathy !!!!!!!!!!
marie

Prairie Village, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 18, 2007
 
girlygirl wrote:
If this was meant for me, I wasn't judging anybody. What happened was a tragedy. However the fact remains that there is way too much carelessness on the road. I just stated a fact. Oh, by the way, I have lost 2 immediate family members in horrific accidents on the road and my sympathy goes out to you and your family.
why dont you worry about the stuff thats happening in your life instead of what my little sister was doing that night
marie

Prairie Village, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 18, 2007
 
friend of big sister wrote:
How dare you use your mouth to JUDGE 2-young girls about this accident before you know all the facts. It's not the Mustang that cause the accident it's a very bad hwy with no shoulder. You mouth should be use to pray for the girls families, and the survivors, not JUDGING them. If you think the roads are to crowned then walk ride a bike. Just for the record most people try and follow the rules of the road, but things happen. I wonder if you have ever lost a dear friend or family member to a accident. Losing a child is one of the hardest things in this life time to have to go through. The heart ache and healing is a long road. God forgive you for Judging people you don't know. My heart goes out to Melinda's Mom Vicki, and the other girl's parent and family and the 3 survivors of this tragedy accident.
That is absolutley right melinda was (is) my little sister and our family does not need n e more termoil from these stupid people who didnt even know her i am also tammys little sister
marie

Prairie Village, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 18, 2007
 
vicki ryles wrote:
I am Melinda's mother. That was my baby in that car, with her best friend. How dare you judge with your mighty mouth without knowing the true facts of what happened because neither car was speeding nor were there any drugs or alcohol involved. I doubt you know, or will ever know the feeling of loosing your only child, then to hear people like you talking trash when you don't know the facts. God forgive you..........


EXACTLEY!!!!!!!!!! Vicki i love you and will always be there for you nobody will ever know what we feel!
marie

Prairie Village, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 18, 2007
 
Another Relative wrote:
from what I have heard on some earier comments, was that hwy 13 was not a very safe hwy. I am not from mo. and I dont know the way that hwy is made and all the problems others have had with it as well. We do need are facts straight and need all the information from the police reports before making such statements. Just so you know, your not the only person girlygirl that follows all the rules of the road. I do as well. I however think we are all guilty of looking at our speedometer and realize that we to are going faster than we should be going.If hwy 13 is as bad as I've heard then the community needs to come togethier as a whole and bring it up with modot and others in charge of that state. Also are we all forgeting that there was one survivor from the mustang. Maybe when hes well he could shed some light on the situation, but maybe it happened so fast he
may not be able to remember. We all still need to keep all the families in this accident in our thoughts and prayers.
This is one of melindas older sisters in mo and i absolutley agree i know clayton is ok so light will be shead on this tragedy
marie

Prairie Village, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 18, 2007
 
girlygirl wrote:
Speed kills. How many times have we heard that! People hear about these tragedies every day, but no one seems to be paying much attention or they wouldn't go right out on the highway and start driving like the Indy, cutting in and out of traffic and generally just driving carelessly!
ok you need to get this straight right now you did not know my little sister so how about you kick rocks and worry about yourself

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent North Kansas City Discussions

Search the North Kansas City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 8 hr REAL AMERICAN PATRIOT 95,066
Royals ink top Draft pick Finnegan 11 hr Milk float blues 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Chet Booswahnicki 18,495
Why is Kansas City a dangerous city? (Nov '11) Sat Caitlin Buelt 37
I hate kansas city, missouri (Jun '10) Fri Kate 138
Boozefighters MC (May '13) Fri Independent 9
Martinous Woods-TAZ (Dec '09) Thu ceynn81 18
•••
•••
•••
•••

North Kansas City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

North Kansas City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

North Kansas City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North Kansas City
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••