Odessa Buzzing Over Potential of Thousand of New Jobs

Full story: Fox4KC

There could be some good news coming for one small town just east of Kansas City, with word of over 3,400 new jobs coming to Odessa, Missouri.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 58 of58
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
elsee

Raymore, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

or run for alderman. but mayor would fit you better as they are "just" the tie breaker for the alderman. you could probably handle that. The Odessan and Tom Murry have lied for years to people. Like the lot that was bought for 75K and appraised for 40K. That was Tom's friend lot, wonder who got some money out of that deal) and a mayor who wants us to trade in Odessa for the support but evade paying personal property taxes by driving "Dealer" cars. What an awesome dealership he has. Now there's a man of integrity. "Let keep the money in Odessa, yet is always in Oak Grove or Blue Springs doing his spending at Walmart. Streets will not be fixed if we don't have revenue to fix them. shut up or put up. Run for mayor!!!!!!!!!!
elsee

Raymore, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

That's the problem. If we don't grow, the money is going to come from us (that includes you DRinODMO) The infrastucture has been a problem for many years. I am in full agreement with you on that issue. But the city needs businesses (bigger than the downtown dollar stores) to get utility rates and taxes from their products. It should have been done years ago when the city did have the money. Unfortunately the current administration is trying to fix past mistakes. Will they make mistakes? you bet ya, bu they are trying.
elsee

Raymore, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

Judged:

jillfoster,
We could look into to other utility companies if Tom Murry hadn't signed us up for 5 year with the current company. Utilities are high because we are not growing. Put Murry back in (Spaar is more accurate) and see where we go.
DRinODMO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2010

elsee-
Yet again, somebody that wants to come on a message board and hide behind a screen name. I stated my reasons for my lack of trust in the project...btw, I also stated that I would like to see our community prosper. The reasons I stated are not a copout...in fact, if you ask my wife she would tell you I thought about the possibility of running for office. See, I don't give things a half-assed effort, and to add something else to my long list of responsibilities means something else will suffer...simply not my style. We all juggle multiple things, I understand that, but I know my limitations and to add something else to my plate would be doing myself, my family, and MY COMMUNITY an injustice.

There has been one individual thus far with the stones to actually look up my phone number and discuss the issues, concerns, etc. I have stated here...Mr. Bamvakis. We actually had a pretty relaxing 20 minute conversation...much of which we actually agreed on. I'm still not going to throw all my trust in him...see he broke it twice and as stated before not likely going to get a free pass to break it a 3rd time. That said, I do RESPECT the man for picking up the phone and actually facing the music, so to speak.

You see, I live in reality. I don't believe everything I read or hear. I actually take the time to do my own research and come up with my own opinions, decisions, etc. I find the peeing match between the City and Odessan amusing. It's amazing that both parties take so much time writing rebuttals to one another. It's similar to this, as such, if they/you would call the party you disagree with to discuss both sides of the issue they/you might actually find that you actually agree on more than appears at face value...much like the conversation Mr. Bamvakis and I had.
elsee

Raymore, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

If you had issues with the mayor why didn't you have the "stones" to pick up the phone can call him? No you'd rather gripe and complain on a message board that you probably thought we would never be seen by the mayor. Evidently he does care what the community thinks or he would not have taken the time to call you. That's integrity. You are going to put your trust in the former mayor? He has no integrity, morals or ethics as far as I am concerned. His "cronies" put a young man with disabilities up to running for mayor the in the last election and sat out at the coffee shop laughing about it. That in my opinion is as low as one can go.
As far as your reasons for not running I can respect them, but do you not think that those in office or that have been in office didn't have the same issues you have? Family, work and such.(BTW) the current mayor does have a job. What does the opposing candidate do or has he done for the last several years? Ride around with his Dealer tags (Murry's auto mart, get a clue)and go to the coffee shop.
As I stated before you seem to have all the answers, but apparently no sense. Those who are worried about Odessa being embarrassed by the Manna deal should be embarrassed by the fact that Odessa is being passed up.
Higginsville exit has more revenue coming in than this town does and that is because the are being progressive.
Go ahead elect Murry and Spaar, then see how we progress.
DRinODMO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

Judged:

elsee wrote:
If you had issues with the mayor why didn't you have the "stones" to pick up the phone can call him? No you'd rather gripe and complain on a message board that you probably thought we would never be seen by the mayor. Evidently he does care what the community thinks or he would not have taken the time to call you. That's integrity. You are going to put your trust in the former mayor? He has no integrity, morals or ethics as far as I am concerned. His "cronies" put a young man with disabilities up to running for mayor the in the last election and sat out at the coffee shop laughing about it. That in my opinion is as low as one can go.
As far as your reasons for not running I can respect them, but do you not think that those in office or that have been in office didn't have the same issues you have? Family, work and such.(BTW) the current mayor does have a job. What does the opposing candidate do or has he done for the last several years? Ride around with his Dealer tags (Murry's auto mart, get a clue)and go to the coffee shop.
As I stated before you seem to have all the answers, but apparently no sense. Those who are worried about Odessa being embarrassed by the Manna deal should be embarrassed by the fact that Odessa is being passed up.
Higginsville exit has more revenue coming in than this town does and that is because the are being progressive.
Go ahead elect Murry and Spaar, then see how we progress.
Funny you bring up having the "stones to call him"...turns out, that is precisely the 2nd instance in which he lied to me. I did call him to inquire about something. Oh by the way, when I mentioned that to him when he called me, apparently the bell went off in his head and he remembered the conversation. As I previously stated (see apparently you don't have the sense to read all posts and put 2 and 2 together), you don't get a 3rd chance to burn/lie to me. You might also note I have called my Alderman on more than one occassion to get information, questions answered, etc. Most of what I have stated on here is based on my OWN observations. You might try that for yourself, instead you would rather make assumptions based on others...did you actually hear the "cronies" laughing at the coffee shop? Did they actually put the other individual up to running, or was it on his own accord? Did you get first hand information? All relevant questions in my book if you are making that statement on here.

As far as electing Tom Murry, I have stated no where on here who I will vote for. In fact, maybe I would write your name in if I knew it...then again probably not...I would like someone in office that has the ability to read between the lines, and earn my RESPECT (as it is earned, not given)...your lack of sense disqualifies you on both counts! I would really like to know who you are, as you feel qualified to make a statement that I have no sense (which is precisely the reason I took the liberty to make the same assumption about you, sir or madam)...maybe eventually you will have the "stones" to come forward!
elsee

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

I already figured you out. you stated that you didn't like the mayor. So you already make it apparent who you are voting for. And after speaking to people who know you, they say you are a smart ass who is also a know it all. Again run for mayor.
DRinODMO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

Wow, still no name so I can't look you up or let others tell me who or what you are. You really have some issue with me for not even knowing me, which is ironic that you tell me to get informed, yet you don't have the "stones" to get to know me yourself. I would like to know who you spoke with that knows me and called me a smart ass and know-it-all. I'll admit, I'm a fairly intelligent individual, able to adapt to this ever-changing world, respectful of others opinions, and I'm not afraid to give you my (usually informed) opinion. I invite you to get to know me for yourself...my numbers in the phone book.
odessapr

Warsaw, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

Scamming some stimulas money might help pay for Krams 2000 dollars a month child support Kram has got against him. Has anyone heard anything since the kc star called the scamma of utah out? Im thinking "kinda shot that scam on the foot". Better move onto the next. Check out missouricasenet.com on Kram. Scamma go somewhere else and sink another town not so close to home. The people of odessa can see right through your bs as clearly stated in this forum.
DFWGuy1

Springtown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2010

Judged:

The patent listed on their website is detailed:
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7352096/des...

Good luck to Odessa.
Ditto

Kingsville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

Along with Mr. Krams 31 Recorded Liens and Judgments against his Property
And 9 court suits for collections.
I doubt that he could get a calendar at the bank without a cosigner
Then we have the head of Manna who was convicted of aiding and abetting a sexual molester client of his for 4 years and was disbarred but He won on an appeal and got his license back.
Then there is the gentleman who has the same name and address of a twice convicted child molester in Sacramento Calif.
I wonder who will be directing the daycare center
truth

Lexington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

ditto , i knew it was a scam , i can smell crap a mile away ..lol well it was a nice story time for odessa to hear , its like we are in headstart and its just another story fox 4 jumped on without checking into it first .
truth

Lexington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

LEXINGTON HAS KC&L LIGHT COMPANY since last summer
odessapr

Blue Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/cgi/prosoma.dll... .
Click on the link and see for yourself. Jim Gleason, manna of utah.
odessapr

Blue Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

This was the guy that was at the "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" that is the manna president. Dont know how you can run a daycare when you are a convicted child molester.
sharon

California, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2010

What's up with this project?
I confesss, I live in Lake Lafayette. But, as it happens, in the long tradition of Lake Lafeyette doings, I know people who think that the Manna of Utah plant (together with city water here at "the lake"--as we locals like to call it, in hopes that people will think we live at Lake Lotowana) will make Lake Lafayette property an attractive investment. The theory here is that the 3400 people it is supposed to employ will want to live somewhere.
Since you seem to be knowledgeable on this, maybe you can provide an update.
One hope that the mention of Lake Lafayette makes no one sensitive. I understand there were local doctors involved in the original swindle.
DRinODMO wrote:
elsee-
Yet again, somebody that wants to come on a message board and hide behind a screen name. I stated my reasons for my lack of trust in the project...btw, I also stated that I would like to see our community prosper. The reasons I stated are not a copout...in fact, if you ask my wife she would tell you I thought about the possibility of running for office. See, I don't give things a half-assed effort, and to add something else to my long list of responsibilities means something else will suffer...simply not my style. We all juggle multiple things, I understand that, but I know my limitations and to add something else to my plate would be doing myself, my family, and MY COMMUNITY an injustice.
There has been one individual thus far with the stones to actually look up my phone number and discuss the issues, concerns, etc. I have stated here...Mr. Bamvakis. We actually had a pretty relaxing 20 minute conversation...much of which we actually agreed on. I'm still not going to throw all my trust in him...see he broke it twice and as stated before not likely going to get a free pass to break it a 3rd time. That said, I do RESPECT the man for picking up the phone and actually facing the music, so to speak.
You see, I live in reality. I don't believe everything I read or hear. I actually take the time to do my own research and come up with my own opinions, decisions, etc. I find the peeing match between the City and Odessan amusing. It's amazing that both parties take so much time writing rebuttals to one another. It's similar to this, as such, if they/you would call the party you disagree with to discuss both sides of the issue they/you might actually find that you actually agree on more than appears at face value...much like the conversation Mr. Bamvakis and I had.
razor

Kansas City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

what is the latest on this big scam? have odessan tarred and feathered the clowns who touted this venture? LOL
lolz

Kansas City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 58 of58
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent North Kansas City Discussions

Search the North Kansas City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 min Samuel 17,827
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 33 min LIBERALS ARE MENTAL 92,241
Raytown Romeo Back in Action (Dec '09) 11 hr wiseone 220
Tipster power leads to shooting arrest 20 hr Naughtyrobot 3
Terica Marjorie Marie Gardner 22 hr guest 3
Missing Links MC (Oct '10) Mon skip 187
Family: 10-year-old shooting victim's health wo... Mon Bad News 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

North Kansas City Jobs

•••
•••