Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
The REAL Truth

Saint Louis, MO

#83797 Jun 20, 2013
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
Norton,
I have given you scripture after scripture in a previous posts that SPECIFICALLY SHOWS THE EARLY CHRISTIANS WERE BAPTISED IN WATER!!! They were not sprinkled - they were TOTALLY IMMERCED IN WATER. BAPTISM IS NOT SPRINKLING!!!
I doubt seriously you even took the time to read the scriptures I've given you - because YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH!
Your knowledge of the WORD OF GOD (in the bible) is so almost non-existant it is even FRIGHTENING!
You know just enough about the bible to be DANGEROUS!
That is why I cannot understand why you come on this forum & spout a bunch of half-truths & OUTRIGHT LIES!!!
Why don't you stay off the comptuer a while & use that time diligently studying the word of God - before coming on this forum and making a FOOL OF YOURSELF AGAIN???
You are completely correct about Norton...hearign the two of you argue is like a buch of nuts rattling around a box of Cracker Jacks.

The Truth about Baptism...was that is was a substitute for circumcision which was the Mark of God and a sign of being a Jew...

Paul being Greek, knew that gentile Greco-Roamn men would NEVER mutilate themselves... as in Hellenistic times the Human Body was considered PERFECT!

You and Norton should just go meet and the two of you have a good olde Christian inquisition...and see which of you is the bigger heritic?

I would pay to see that!
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#83798 Jun 20, 2013
Contraire wrote:
Alumini, Jesus had no authority. The New Testament is a fairytail. If it had been necessary to be baptised in order to get to Heaven, I think (IT)God would have relayed that message to Noach rather than waiting centuries later and give the command to a man called Jeshu.
We are all descendants of Noach. So by believing in the NT, you are telling the Creator of all that is seen and unseen that HE is a liar. God would not say, "I AM what I AM. I CHANGE NOT" and then turn around and create a new religion opposite of every Law that HE put into place from the beginning of time.
What you call the Old Testament is just as binding today as it was in the beginning. God Created the cosmos with the Hebrew letter bet (Bereshit=In the beginning.)
Early christians believed in reincarnation. Early christians did not accept Jeshu as the messiah or as the son of God. Jeshu never said anywhere in the NT that he was the "son of God." Those words were the beliefs of a few of his disciples. He did say, "I and the Father are One."
Every human on planet earth is One with the Father. We are a part of the collective consciousness of which the source is the "singularity" of IT (God). GOD IS ONE and we are all a part of the whole.
Belief in Yeshu as the "son of God" was deified by Constantine in 325 A.D. at the Council of Nicea.
Israel is the "son of God" like a light shining from the hill. All throughout the Torah, the Writings, and the Prophets, God referred to Israel the "son of God."
<quoted text>
Contraire,
It appears you would do well to stay off of all those websites & books ABOUT religion - and devote your time & attention to reading THE BIBLE (which is the true word of God)!

Your posts show you have very little or NO knowledge of the word of God in the Bible. If you did, you would know that all the way through the Old Testament - we are told of the coming of Jesus Christ in prophacy.

No, we are no longer under the law of Moses (in the old Testament). This is God's old covenant to man which was replaced by God's new covenant (the more perfect law) which in the New Testament.

Most of your ramblings are pretty far out - and have nothing to do with the word of God in the Bible.

Why waste your time reading about the bible - WHEN YOU SHOULD BE READING THE BIBLE ITSELF - so, you will know what you must do to be saved???
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#83799 Jun 20, 2013
The REAL Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You are completely correct about Norton...hearign the two of you argue is like a buch of nuts rattling around a box of Cracker Jacks.
The Truth about Baptism...was that is was a substitute for circumcision which was the Mark of God and a sign of being a Jew...
Paul being Greek, knew that gentile Greco-Roamn men would NEVER mutilate themselves... as in Hellenistic times the Human Body was considered PERFECT!
You and Norton should just go meet and the two of you have a good olde Christian inquisition...and see which of you is the bigger heritic?
I would pay to see that!
YOU ARE NOT THE REAL TRUTH!!!
It sounds like you are stoned out on something! It's obvious you NEVER spent much time actually studing the word of God in the Bible. You will never learn what you must do to be saved by crusing the internet or reading books about the bible.

Why don't you wise, wake up and open up the word of God (in the bible) & try to gain some knowledge of what the truth really is...

“KC's Son got a Meal Ticket!”

Since: Sep 09

Now the basement is clean!

#83800 Jun 20, 2013
Contraire wrote:
Yellow Dog,
We have proven that politics and religion do not mix. I think we have scard all the political posters of the original thread away.
There is nothing Norton can say that I cannot rebutt. What can he tell an ex well-versed christian like myself about Jesus and the New Testament that I do not already know.
I wonder if he has figured out that we are using him for sport? He seems to be taking the bait hook and sinker.
We should be ashamed of ourselves. But he just ain't smart enough to let it go. So I guess this entertainment shall continue by us experienced debaters.
Don't you just love it when christians get so mad that they start calling us enlightened ones misled satanists. If he knew a tidbit of what he believes he knows, he would almost be a genious. lol
It is very clear that you have researched this subject at great length, and I will vouch that you know it far more than I. I just diddle around quoting the KJV of the Bible, to shoot Norton down. And -- yes -- sometimes I am ashamed to make such sport of him, but perhaps the "Debbil makes me do it"?

I have posed numerous Bible questions to Norton, and he has never answered any of them, primarily because he knows that, if he were to do so, it would reveal various of the flaws of the Bible, which he maintains that he believes in its entirety -- all 14 (or more) versions of it, I suppose.

Having been a ("southern") Baptist for many years, I know that I understand the "Plan of Salvation" as well as Norton. I am very surprised at the re-wording of John 3:16 in the NIV (New and Improved?) version of the Bible - which Norton uses. The "improved" verse removes the word "begotten" which casts doubt on the entire human "birth" of Jesus.

I generally do not lay this on Norton, but Jesus was, presumably, sent to earth as a human, and NOT as a "god." If Jesus WERE a god on earth, then he could not have been crucified as a perfect sinless human for OUR sins. But the Bible clearly tells us of several "miracles" which the HUMAN Jesus presumably performed.

HUMANS do not perform miracles. Only GODS do that. Thus, Jesus was a GOD while here on earth, and could not die as a sinless HUMAN for our sins.

Sorry, Norton! Jesus blew it when he performed all those parlor tricks to impress the people.

#83801 Jun 20, 2013
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
He might even know how to spell genius, unlike you DFS.
That's an ingenious comment.

#83802 Jun 20, 2013
Black Bean Brenda wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to just blow it out your as.s. You are obviously one of those internet warriors that has little to no sex life and probably has a small pecker LOL
In fact your probably some silly kid that lives in his Moms basement
1. My "Mom" (and Dad) have been dead for decades.
2. Neither ever had a basement.
3. No sex life and a small pecker? Right on. I am almost 80. However, I am sure that you will be having sex (even if you are unaware of it) on up to 100 years of age. As long as you can just simply lie there without scaring the dogs and awakening the neighbor's children, you can continue to be an inert receptacle for old guys like me.

#83803 Jun 20, 2013
the REAL Truth wrote:
<quoted text>{To "Contraire"} No credible archeological data exisit for the Exodus...or Lemurians ...LOL
You at first sounded sane... but you are just as NUTS as Norton!
Here this disproves your bullshit on Jericho
what you need to do is READ scientific reearch papers , instead of Edgar Cacey ... LOL ...
<.snicker!.> Edgar Cayce! ROFL! GAME POINT!_8-)

#83804 Jun 20, 2013
<quoted text>"{To "Norton"}
Norton,
Your knowledge of the WORD OF GOD (in the bible) is so almost non-existant it is even FRIGHTENING!
You know just enough about the bible to be DANGEROUS!...
Whole lot of THAT going on!_8-)

#83805 Jun 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Yellow Dawg Democrat,
Can you show me in the bible where this scripture is false. This is a direct statment from Jesus Christ (himself). Are you calling Christ a liar???
1. I doubt there was a "Christ."
2. Thus, it would be difficult for me to say that he was a "liar."
3. HOWEVER, my comment was directed to YOU. YOUR LOGIC IS FLAWED.(If you cannot see that, I will be happy to explain it to you.)
The REAL Truth

Saint Louis, MO

#83806 Jun 20, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU ARE NOT THE REAL TRUTH!!!
It sounds like you are stoned out on something! It's obvious you NEVER spent much time actually studing the word of God in the Bible. You will never learn what you must do to be saved by crusing the internet or reading books about the bible.
Why don't you wise, wake up and open up the word of God (in the bible) & try to gain some knowledge of what the truth really is...
You're just like Norton yet another Bible-Babbln-Bullshit-artist!
let your Inqusition begin...put Norton on the rack please.
Both you and Norton prove the wisdom of our Founding Fathers by the Seperation of Church and State...
You are the best proof of what is wrong with the presetn GOP and it's take over by disturbed Evangelical Fundamental Extremists!
I have Wised Up...that's why I know what Fools you are!
I wish the Rapture was real ...I would love nothing better than to see you pompous dumbasses sucked into outer space...if only!!!!!
Contraire

Chesterfield, MO

#83807 Jun 20, 2013
#1, I have not been reading Casey.

#2, Archeological historical science is based on assumptions and theory, not facts. Science cannot prove or unprove anything, no more than it can prove the God particle. Just because science cannot make biblical events fit its timeline, does not make science the sole authority on assumed facts.

There are numerous ancient documents outside biblical references that speak about the exodus and the flood. So don't go thinking you are the only person who can research and come to their own conclusions. That is the beauty of life on earth. There are many hidden secrets than science will eventually discover. But to say that one persons ideas are wrong and another person's ideas are correct is just plain fallacy.

And many of the theories about the Lemurians could be true, whether you believe them or not. Just because you deny the existence of something does not negate an existence.
the REAL Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No credible archeological data exisit for the Exodus...or Lemurians ...LOL
The real truth man arose in Africa...and at teh end of the last Ice age was living along the Indian Ocean in South Africa...that is the real Garden of Eden...from there we began our journey OUT OF AFRICA ...DNA tells us that...we we not the only inteligent species Neanderthal was living in Europe at the same time.
You at first sounded sane...but you are just as NUTS as Norton!
Here this disproves your bullshit on Jericho
what you need to do is READ scientific reearch papers , instead of Edgar Cacey...LOL
In the first half of the 20th century the Exodus was dated on the basis of 1 Kings 6:1, which states that the Exodus occurred 480 years before the construction of Solomon's Temple, the fourth year of Solomon's reign. Equating the biblical chronology with dates in history is notoriously difficult, but Edwin Thiele's widely accepted reconciliation of the reigns of the Israelite and Judahite kings would imply an Exodus around 1450 BCE, during the reign of Pharaoh Thutmose III (1479-1425 BCE).[36] By the mid-20th century it had become apparent that the archaeological record made this date impossible. The mummy of Thutmoses III had already been discovered in 1881,[37] and Egyptian records of that period do not mention the expulsion of any group that could be identified with over two million Hebrew slaves, nor any events which could be identified with the Biblical plagues. In addition, digs in the 1930s had failed to find traces of the simultaneous destruction of Canaanite cities c.1400 BCE—in fact many of them, including Jericho, the first Canaanite city to fall to the Israelites according to the Book of Joshua, were uninhabited at the time.
You Are Just Like Norton

Saint Louis, MO

#83808 Jun 20, 2013
Contraire wrote:
#1, I have not been reading Casey.
#2, Archeological historical science is based on assumptions and theory, not facts. Science cannot prove or unprove anything, no more than it can prove the God particle. Just because science cannot make biblical events fit its timeline, does not make science the sole authority on assumed facts.
There are numerous ancient documents outside biblical references that speak about the exodus and the flood. So don't go thinking you are the only person who can research and come to their own conclusions. That is the beauty of life on earth. There are many hidden secrets than science will eventually discover. But to say that one persons ideas are wrong and another person's ideas are correct is just plain fallacy.
And many of the theories about the Lemurians could be true, whether you believe them or not. Just because you deny the existence of something does not negate an existence.
<quoted text>
Evidence is what's left and NOT left behind...YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE

There IS NO EVIDENCE of the Exodus...DEAL WITH IT!!!!

Just because you're uniformed about Modern Archeology is just that...it shouws you're as pompous and stupid as Norton is

As for my theory, you're just spinning Bullshit!

You Are Just Like Norton
Contraire

Saint Louis, MO

#83809 Jun 20, 2013
Are you serious?

Again, I have read many research papers and ancient documents. During my college days, I conducted a scientific research project myself and wrote a scholarly paper on it. However, others may come along behind me with the same research methodology and come to a totally different conlusion than I did. The premise of science is that a particular hypothesis can be repeated again and again with the same results. If a process cannot be repeated, it is not considered science.

For example, the science arena does not agree on the purpose and function of the pyramids. Egyptologist will tell you they were tombs. Other scientists disagree and believe that the pyramids were used to conduct electricity. Further, some believe that each passageway in the pyramids were used to create different sound resonances used for physical healing and were not tombs at all.

And yet, you tout that the scientists who produced the research for PBS NOVA are completely correct, even though many other theologists and archeological scientists disagree with the findings.

You can call me crazy all you want. But you obviously have no clue about methodolgy and scientific research.

I have watched NOVA on PBS and, even though it was interesting, it was nothing more than the researchers' opinions. You can carbon date any artifact to determine its real age, but you cannot glean the real history behind that artifact other than placing the date to a particular timeline in history, which could be totally mistaken and unfactual. Unless you were present during the period when Jerico was a thriving city, you cannot surmise that you know with 100% certainty whether a certain event took place or not. It is merely a guessing game.

Your reasoning is sorely flawed. Let me enlighten you. You cannot believe everything you see on tv as established scientific fact. And you have the gall to call me bat shit crazy. Your IQ is sticking out like a sore thumb. You posted a link to a NOVA documentary about opinions and surmise them as fact. lmao
The REAL Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really wnat to blow your mind...read some REAL scientific reasearch papers...you are as BATSHITCRAZY as Norton!
Here is your link to PBS (NOVA) on the Bible and the Exodus...
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/archeolo...
You and Norton have no lives!!!!!
Concerned

United States

#83810 Jun 20, 2013
The Market lost over 300 points today combined with yesterday's loss that's 500+ points. Since Dawg like to give Obama credit for the market being up (even though he runs away scared when challenged to show how anything Obama has done made the market go up) then it is only fair to say that this 500+ loss is Obamas fault. The only question is, how much more will it drop and will Dawg man up and place blame in the space spot he like to place praise?

Doubt it!! He's to big of a coward.
You Are CRAZY Like Norton

Saint Louis, MO

#83811 Jun 20, 2013
Contraire wrote:
Are you serious?
Again, I have read many research papers and ancient documents. During my college days, I conducted a scientific research project myself and wrote a scholarly paper on it. However, others may come along behind me with the same research methodology and come to a totally different conlusion than I did. The premise of science is that a particular hypothesis can be repeated again and again with the same results. If a process cannot be repeated, it is not considered science.
For example, the science arena does not agree on the purpose and function of the pyramids. Egyptologist will tell you they were tombs. Other scientists disagree and believe that the pyramids were used to conduct electricity. Further, some believe that each passageway in the pyramids were used to create different sound resonances used for physical healing and were not tombs at all.
And yet, you tout that the scientists who produced the research for PBS NOVA are completely correct, even though many other theologists and archeological scientists disagree with the findings.
You can call me crazy all you want. But you obviously have no clue about methodolgy and scientific research.
I have watched NOVA on PBS and, even though it was interesting, it was nothing more than the researchers' opinions. You can carbon date any artifact to determine its real age, but you cannot glean the real history behind that artifact other than placing the date to a particular timeline in history, which could be totally mistaken and unfactual. Unless you were present during the period when Jerico was a thriving city, you cannot surmise that you know with 100% certainty whether a certain event took place or not. It is merely a guessing game.
Your reasoning is sorely flawed. Let me enlighten you. You cannot believe everything you see on tv as established scientific fact. And you have the gall to call me bat shit crazy. Your IQ is sticking out like a sore thumb. You posted a link to a NOVA documentary about opinions and surmise them as fact. lmao
<quoted text>
yes I'm serious...you're an idoit...there is mountains of reaseach ... we have robot rovers on Mars...and you dispute science... you say pyramids made electricity<snicker>...a re you RON PAUL by any chance?

all this BATSHITCRAZY-bullshit you say ...well it's just like Morman's believing God lives on Kolob...might as well be Lemuria...LOL

You should know geologic time is all around us...like the limestone under us in Missouri...we were once at the bottom of a ancient sea...EONS ago..not just 6 thousand years ago.

Listen there WAS NO EXODUS...the evidence does not prove it to be true...there was No Great Flood that covered the whole Earth ...the geological record proves that...that some of what you claim about the merging of Roman and Mystery religions in the 1 century AD into Christinaity is true...but that is where you start getting crazy ...LIKE NORTON

It's obvious you know nothing of history or of recent and confirmed archeological discoveries...by your own confession that you believe the Earth is hollow...well it would resemble the inside of your head! <snicker>

I suggest you grab hold of a powerful Lemurian crystal with one hand and with your other free hand, grab hold of one of your ears and then try to yank your head out of your ass!

God Bless
CHEERS :)
Contraire

Saint Louis, MO

#83812 Jun 20, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
<.snicker!.> Edgar Cayce! ROFL! GAME POINT!_8-)
Yeah Yellow Dog.

This person who attacks my reasoning posted a link to NOVA as scientific fact and accuses me of reading Cayce. Cayce was a modern day Nostradomas. No way I would ever look at either of their rantings as fact.

And there is evidence of a camp that would hold millions of people at the foot of Mt. Siani. The stones are still stacked just as they were left and suggests there were 12 separate camps inside the larger camp. And there are hierglyphics all over the ruins of Egypt that suggest Pharoah's army was swallowed up by water. No other explanation exists. Nobody can prove or disprove that the Exodus did or did not happen, although there is evidence that suggests it.

There appears to be a lot of villages on here missing their idiots.
Concerned

United States

#83813 Jun 20, 2013
Contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah Yellow Dog.

This person who attacks my reasoning posted a link to NOVA as scientific fact and accuses me of reading Cayce. Cayce was a modern day Nostradomas. No way I would ever look at either of their rantings as fact.

And there is evidence of a camp that would hold millions of people at the foot of Mt. Siani. The stones are still stacked just as they were left and suggests there were 12 separate camps inside the larger camp. And there are hierglyphics all over the ruins of Egypt that suggest Pharoah's army was swallowed up by water. No other explanation exists. Nobody can prove or disprove that the Exodus did or did not happen, although there is evidence that suggests it.

There appears to be a lot of villages on here missing their idiots.
You're one of them Dan.

What happened, did you get your registered name suspended?

#83814 Jun 20, 2013
Contraire wrote:
<quoted text> ... Science cannot prove or unprove anything, no more than it can prove the God particle....
1. Every day, science proves or unproves lots of things. And, apparently, recent scientific experiments have discovered a so-called "god" particle, although no one seriously thinks the particle represents "god."

2. Many of the theories about unicorns could be true, whether you believe them or not. Just because you deny the existence of unicorns does not negate their existence. And, just because you believe in the existence of unicorns does not prove their existence.

3. Summary: It is not possible to prove or disprove a non-existent entity.
OBAMA BIN LYIN

West Plains, MO

#83815 Jun 20, 2013
Dem Rep. Jim McDermott Complains To FBI Their Ad Of Most Wanted Terrorists Is “Racist” And “Offensive” Because They’re All Muslims…
~ More proof libs are deranged.
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/06/20/dem-rep-ji...

UNREAL: Bloomberg’s Anti-Gun Group Lists Cop Killer Chris Dorner As Victim Of Gun Violence…
~ Dorner died after he blew his brains out during a standoff with police.
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/06/20/unreal-blo...

Holder Tells Congress He Didn’t Lie To Them About James Rosen… Even Though He Did…
~ Double down.
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/06/20/holder-tel...

Joe Biden Attacks Republican Amnesty Opponents As Bad Christians…
~ Says the pro-abortion Democrat.
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/06/20/joe-biden-...

House GOP Amendment To Farm Bill Gives States Right To Drug Test Food Stamp Recipients…
~ Democrats would rather jam an icepick in their eyes than let this pass.
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/06/20/house-gop-...

MSNBC: Newsweek Writer Claims A Baby In The Womb Is “Not A Human Being”…
~ Sick.
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/06/20/msnbc-news...

Lib Rag Salon Lists Boston Bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev As A Victim Of Gun Violence…
~ A) Tamerlan Tsarnaev was killed when his brother ran him over, not with a gun. B) He’s a f*cking terrorist!
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/06/20/lib-rag-sa...

Harry "Ass" Reid Focuses On The Important Things… Like Genderless Bathrooms And Forcing Businesses To Hire Gay Workers…
~ A Freaking "Mousie Face" Idiot!
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/06/20/harry-reid...

Report: California To Receive $1 Billion For Obamacare “Outreach”…
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/06/20/report-cal...

Biden: If Today’s Tough Laws On Immigration Existed In The Past, Obama Would Not Be President…
~ Well.. another sound reason to bring back tough immigration laws!
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/06/20/biden-if-t...

DiFi Outraged Gitmo Terrorists Aren’t Being Allowed To “Protest” By Going On Hunger Strikes…
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/06/20/difi-outra...

Obama To Pay Planned Parenthood To Work As Obamacare “Navigators”…
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/06/20/obama-to-p...

Hot Mic Catches NSA Boss Praising FBI Official For Supportive Testimony On Domestic Surveillance Programs:“Tell Your Boss I Owe Him Another Friggin’ Beer”…
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/06/20/hot-mic-ca...
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#83816 Jun 20, 2013
The REAL Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just like Norton yet another Bible-Babbln-Bullshit-artist!
let your Inqusition begin...put Norton on the rack please.
Both you and Norton prove the wisdom of our Founding Fathers by the Seperation of Church and State...
You are the best proof of what is wrong with the presetn GOP and it's take over by disturbed Evangelical Fundamental Extremists!
I have Wised Up...that's why I know what Fools you are!
I wish the Rapture was real ...I would love nothing better than to see you pompous dumbasses sucked into outer space...if only!!!!!
I am a very strong DEMOCRAT - as a matter of fact I worked hard last summer & fall doing volunteer work to help get Clair McCaskle re-elected. I've even got a great picture of me & her together.

I don't know if Norton is a right-wing evangelical fundamental extremist or not - BUT I'M SURE NOT!

And yes, I debate politics on Caruthersville Topix all the time. I can debunk any right wing lie or so-called scandal quicker than the wink of an eye...

I am just a Christian who is trying to bestow a little bibical knowledge to a people who are desperately in need of hearing the truth in the bible.!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Kansas City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,089
In KC for 3 days Mon Flying through 1
Messiah Yeshua needs to be revealed to His Jewi... (Jun '14) Mon Rebel Fighter 3
yes Mon Rebel Fighter 2
News Contact the FOX 4 Problem Solvers (Apr '10) Mon ron tibbits 168
abdl (Jan '15) Mon Well padded 5
My wife Jennifer Thompson cheated on me while I... (Aug '11) Jul 26 Crystal 79
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Kansas City Mortgages