Bush Aims to Quell Fray Between 2 All...

Bush Aims to Quell Fray Between 2 Allies

There are 10 comments on the The Associated Press story from Sep 21, 2006, titled Bush Aims to Quell Fray Between 2 Allies . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

President Bush is playing middle man in a thorny foreign policy problem that has bubbled up between two U.S. allies in the war on terrorism who accuse each other of not doing enough to crack down on extremists.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Kearney

Columbia, MD

#1 Sep 22, 2006
I still find it hard to accept that Pakistan with its huge Muslim population, nuclear weapons, former Taliban support is really an ally.

There a lot of intelligent nonpartisan people in the USA who feel that bin Laden is hiding in Pakistan.

On the hand, Pakistan has nuclear weapons, and as far as I can tell the USA does not mess with countries that have nuclear weapons. Hence, the remaining "Axis of Evil" North Korea and Iran are in rush to develop them. Bush's rhetoric most certainly created a faster crisis then the one that was occuring. That is because he is a neocon idiot. I wouldn't call him the devil though, but I think more the devil's side then God's.
albe a horses peutoote

Victoria, Canada

#2 Sep 22, 2006
Well cratfed by a anon GOP ,perhaps turd blossom?, the market forces of supply and demand are being utilized. Less oil out of iraq means if demand stays level price goes up; this is a reward to shareholders of oil cos. in USA,natch and who may they be?
Genral motors and also the uk royals have shares and are as an example , how things are done .
Gas in venezuela and Azerbajan are astonishing low for the consumers , why not here ? Tax my dear readers ,tax.
Seems like someone is in cahoots with the oil trusts.
The GOP allowed under this regime chevron texaco merger, and esso mobileto do so, both were busted apart years ago .
Turning back any FDR advances in banking and antitrust rules are longtime solemn goals of the GOP.
Surprised it has taken this long.
Canidate Kerry found out quickly the long memory and quick action against anti war democrats .
Shares zoom up in Northrup Grumann, Boeing etc./ Invivsion technologies who made luggage xray equipment quickly prchased by GE, the darling of the right.
Money is what this war is about, nothing less than sheer money.
Jones

United States

#3 Sep 22, 2006
It is right for US to take out Osama Bin Laden if Pakistan regime is continuing ‘playing games’ with the Pashtuns tribes in Pakistan that provide safe heaven to Bin Laden and the Taliban. Musharraf admitted during his visit to Afghanistan that Taliban with al Qaida Islamic terrorists are supported by the Pashtuns tribes in Pakistan and that they cross the border to Afghanistan to fight the afghani regime and kill Afghani soldier with suicide and car bombs. He also admitted a cease-fire between him and the Pashtuns tribes. US should have enough intelligence information about Bin laden location after five years since 9/11 attack. If Bin Laden is in Pakistan, Musharraf must provide Bin Laden or let US find him and bring him to justice. Enough is enough and US cannot have Taliban threat in Afghanistan from the Taliban that are crossing the border.
one_order_of_WAR _please

Kansas City, MO

#4 Sep 22, 2006
Pakistan is holding elections soon. There is a possiblity that the country's parliment will be filled with majority Mullah's (religious clerics). Pakistan's government is not secular, neither is it a democracy.

Pakistani education curriculum includes a class on how Pakistan is better than India, how Islam is superior to Hinduism. Just hate filled words against India. They put their country on a petastol and damn the economic power situated south of their country.

Pakistan is an ally of the USA because of their own interests. Pakistan is racing with India for foreign investment. Pakistan is using the US to catch up with India....among other interests believe me.
Sheesh

United States

#6 Sep 22, 2006
I personally don't think we should send GW to be in the middle of any talks having to do with any foreign countries. Lets find somebody else who is more diplomatic and has the best interest of our country's citizens at heart, instead of big oil, and big corporations.
anywho

Lawrenceville, GA

#7 Sep 22, 2006
albe a horses peutoote wrote:
Well cratfed by a anon GOP ,perhaps turd blossom?, the market forces of supply and demand are being utilized. Less oil out of iraq means if demand stays level price goes up; this is a reward to shareholders of oil cos. in USA,natch and who may they be?
Genral motors and also the uk royals have shares and are as an example , how things are done .
Gas in venezuela and Azerbajan are astonishing low for the consumers , why not here ? Tax my dear readers ,tax.
Seems like someone is in cahoots with the oil trusts.
The GOP allowed under this regime chevron texaco merger, and esso mobileto do so, both were busted apart years ago .
Turning back any FDR advances in banking and antitrust rules are longtime solemn goals of the GOP.
Surprised it has taken this long.
Canidate Kerry found out quickly the long memory and quick action against anti war democrats .
Shares zoom up in Northrup Grumann, Boeing etc./ Invivsion technologies who made luggage xray equipment quickly prchased by GE, the darling of the right.
Money is what this war is about, nothing less than sheer money.
Outstanding!...a veritable tapestry of horsehit! What a convoluted, ferrety mindset to a) concieve and b) apparently believe the Dem 'Mien Kampf' economic model.
corpbob

Roxbury, KS

#8 Sep 22, 2006
Sheesh wrote:
I personally don't think we should send GW to be in the middle of any talks having to do with any foreign countries. Lets find somebody else who is more diplomatic and has the best interest of our country's citizens at heart, instead of big oil, and big corporations.
Is there a country in the world Bush hasn't managed to piss off yet???? I wouldn't de suprised if we
bomb Ireland, someday. I know just what Bush'd say "Ireland! Iran! Three of one! Half dozen of a another!!!"
leo from shanghai

United States

#9 Sep 22, 2006
UNCLE SUCKER'S ASIAN ADVENTURE. U.S. ASIAN EXPRESS CARD DEBT CONTINUES TO GROW. JAPAN TO DOMINATE U.S. CAR MARKET. U.S. TREASURY SECRETARY HENRY PAULSON CRAWLS ON HIS BELLY ON TRIP TO CHINA. U.S. THREATENS PAKISTAN. WHEN WILL ASIAN WOLVES TURN ON CORRUPT WASHINGTON D.C.?
blinky

Largo, FL

#10 Sep 24, 2006
Bush the Peace Maker.....maybe a Nobel Peace Prize in his future? I know....if they refuse to give him the Nobel Peace Prize....he could bomb them back into the stone age.
expat16yrs

Miami, FL

#11 Dec 31, 2007
Pakistan, Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia. The Muslim Middle East is an accident waiting to happen. Why are the American people and the Western World so naive? First, 99% of the American people have never lived outside the Unites States, therefore they have never lived under a religions dictatorship, other then Christianity. People are there environment i.e... If you are born in the US 99% you will be Christian, born in the Middle East 99% Muslim, Russia and China 99% Atheist, Japan 99% Buddhist etc... It is just a matter of time, not if, but when, the fundamentalist Muslim will place a nuclear bomb in a 20' container and deliver it to one or all of our ports. Then, maybe then, the American people will realize that the Muslim religion is the same enemy as the Japanese worshiping the Emperor of Japan and the German people alliance with Hitler in the World War II. Nuke Iran, Pakistan, Syria and Saudi Arabia before they nuke us. Nuke them and let Allah sort them out! Think about it. We are about to elect the most important person, our president, to run the world, and not one of the candidates has any experience in foreign policy. To qualify, a candidate must have lived in the Middle East for 10 years, in the community, not in the US Embassy compound, live within the local people, experience the dictatorships of the Middle East. Familiarity breeds discontent!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Kansas City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) 8 hr No more 322
Who can help with some h in Olathe kansas 8 hr Jknapp7599 2
Best Place to get laid? (Nov '11) 11 hr Sausage Man 53
Karl bowie Wed Hmmm 4
$20 or under gifts Wed Cmmerchandise 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Proud American 20,707
Kansas City is a cesspool of fat, lazy, uneduca... Tue Yessir 2

North Kansas City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Kansas City Mortgages