Victoria

United States

#1 Oct 23, 2013
When I was a kid in the 50's, there were two stores in close proximity in Claycomo. One was White Front and the other was called Lorenzo's. Lorenzo's was at the east end of the Foxwoods Center.The problem I'm having is that nobody else seems to remember that store but me. Please, can anyone else remember Lorenzos???
Wayne Terwilliger

Baltimore, MD

#2 Oct 30, 2013
Of course I remember Lorenzo's! Very friendly people there and great produce. Do you remember Izzy and Jake over at White Front? How about Monteil's close to Vivion and Antioch? When It closed Western Auto moved in, then another auto parts chain came in, still there. It used to have a domelike roof before it was closed in by the present facade.
The Sun Fresh used to be a Safeway (with a high standing green neon display spelling out "Safeway", you could see it from a long way off.)Then it became a Food Barn. A&P had a store on Vivion, that changed to different owners ending up an Apple Mart but now is a ghost town as is the rest of that strip center. There's more that I can't recall...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Kansas City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Hipocrits 20,498
Trump for President, He will win. watch 22 hr Glenda of the east 1
News Black Dem gets flood of racist messages after i... Aug 20 Marcavage s Trick 19
a person whos ,,,,, blood,,,,,, money was stole... (Jan '15) Aug 20 AskForHelp 17
where can I score some h (Jan '16) Aug 20 AskForHelp 19
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! (Nov '15) Aug 16 Raymond 7
Missing Links MC (Oct '10) Aug 16 edo roth 223

North Kansas City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Kansas City Mortgages