Police identify teen killed in gunfight in KCa s Northeast area

Mar 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Kansas City Star

A teenager killed in a Monday afternoon exchange of gunfire in Kansas City’s Northeast area has been identified as Rio Barnes Jauregui-Ellis.Kansas City police said the18-year-old Kansas City resident was fatally shot about 4 p.m. Monday near North Denver Avenue and Budd Park Esplanade.Witnesses told police that Jauregui-Ellis arrived in a ... (more)

Comments
1 - 20 of 62 Comments Last updated Dec 8, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2012

Teenagers have become a high risk group to die in shootings. Sad.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Rio Barnes Jauregui-Ellis, is that Irish? No? Well folks, this is why marksmanship is important. The kid had the drop on the two guys and could have popped both of them if he had used 00 buckshot at the proper range and kept on target. Instead he missed or grazed them(slugs or too light birdshot, range?) and they returned fire(pistols?) and nailed him. I'm mostly surprised he didn't use a knife or machete. Just sayin'

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

"...Police said they want to talk to the two men, who left the area in a black SUV"

Gee, ya think?
Unfinished Job 1 verse 1

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

Street resume error.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

I think it went differently when he played it on Grand Theft Auto xbox.
MissingUFriend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

No matter the circumstances no child deserves to lose their life.! I've known Rio for about 6 yrs, and this kid deserved more. I know he died because of the choices he made, but let me tell you one thing: if he was the one to fire first, atleast the kid went out standing up for himself or for what he believed in. I'm sure he didn't fire for no reason, so here's a big FUCK YOU TO THE PUNK BITCH THAT PUSHED MY DUDE TO HIS LIMIT.-- R.I.Paradise kid, YOU ARE GREATLY MISSED.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

MissingUFriend wrote:
No matter the circumstances no child deserves to lose their life.! I've known Rio for about 6 yrs, and this kid deserved more. I know he died because of the choices he made, but let me tell you one thing: if he was the one to fire first, atleast the kid went out standing up for himself or for what he believed in. I'm sure he didn't fire for no reason, so here's a big FUCK YOU TO THE PUNK BITCH THAT PUSHED MY DUDE TO HIS LIMIT.-- R.I.Paradise kid, YOU ARE GREATLY MISSED.
What gang are you guys in? Click Clack, MS 13, 18th Street, Ma.a, Bandidos, Latin Kings, any of those?
Jesse

Smithville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

MissingUFriend wrote:
Do you need a tissue to dry those teary eyes? He fired first, he got shot, HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED!!

Now STFU and deal with it!!
MC Illiterate

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

Naughtyrobot wrote:
<quoted text>What gang are you guys in? Click Clack, MS 13, 18th Street, Ma.a, Bandidos, Latin Kings, any of those?
Nah, I think they run with the "D-Bags", from the south side.
Kanye East

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

MissingUFriend wrote:
Everybody is a child.....So, are you saying no one deserves to die?

....and another thing, he wasn't "GREATLY MISSED", their shot(s) hit him square on bro!!!!
MissingUFriend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

I'm not trying to justify what he did.. But hr didn't fire for no reason.. HE WENT OUT STANDING UP FOR HIMSELF OR SOMETHING HE BELIEVED IN.

" a coward dies a thousand times, a soldier only dies once..."

Rios gone. End of story. The person who took his life gets to live with that forever..
Jahid

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

Forget what the haters talkin bout Rio was a good dude. And no death is for no reason, when it's your time it's just ur time. My Allah have mercy on the boi. Rip in peace bro!
Mitt s Polygamous Gramps

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Jahid wrote:
Forget what the haters talkin bout Rio was a good dude. And no death is for no reason, when it's your time it's just ur time. My Allah have mercy on the boi. Rip in peace bro!
Oh! I thought he was Sikh or Mennonite or something....
Paris Hilton

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Jahid wrote:
How can he rest in peace? He's got 72 virgins that need servicing right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Jahid wrote:
It is kind of redundant(that means repeating yourself) to say "RIP in peace" since RIP means Rest In Peace. Just sayin' Was Rio a muslim? Is that what he died for?
Get It Right

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you need a tissue to dry those teary eyes? He fired first, he got shot, HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED!!
Now STFU and deal with it!!
You have no clue what happened! The news is wrong like it is at least 50% of the time. You are going to feel like a big piece of shit when you read about that one you pos! You obviously have no sense! Karma is going to fuck you all around! Now dont talk about shit that you don't know about!
Cunning Linguist

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Get It Right wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue what happened! The news is wrong like it is at least 50% of the time. You are going to feel like a big piece of shit when you read about that one you pos! You obviously have no sense! Karma is going to fuck you all around! Now dont talk about shit that you don't know about!
So are you saying that the news you are telling us is incorrect?

Please expand on your statement. Thank you.
Cunning Linguist

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Naughtyrobot wrote:
<quoted text>It is kind of redundant(that means repeating yourself) to say "RIP in peace" since RIP means Rest In Peace. Just sayin' Was Rio a muslim? Is that what he died for?
I do believe the the poster is inferring that he was indeed a Muslim, was indeed a Muslim.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

I guess he should have worn one of those blow-em-um vests so he could have taken out the "infidels" with him instead of just throwing himself on a spear(or pistol as it were). Interesting, you don't see too many Hispanic Muslims.
Achmed Gonzalez

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Naughtyrobot wrote:
I guess he should have worn one of those blow-em-um vests so he could have taken out the "infidels" with him instead of just throwing himself on a spear(or pistol as it were). Interesting, you don't see too many Hispanic Muslims.
You obviously aren't looking in the right places.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent North Kansas City Discussions

Search the North Kansas City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Giggo 95,660
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr hsktommox 18,585
Four People Dead In St. Joseph House Fire (Feb '10) Sun Kindra Kerns 18
Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... Sun sugar britches 5
remove slanderous post from Topix NOW Sat anonymous contractor 7
information Sat fordfan 1
Thomas Robert Reavis, Sr. Jul 26 cheryl 1
•••
•••
•••
North Kansas City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••