American auto industry about to go on hiring spree

Jun 9, 2013 Full story: The Kansas City Star 79

Taxpayers have spent billions of dollars over two decades to reduce the potential damage from another massive flood like the one that ravaged Missouri and eight other states in 1993.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“I know where you are,”

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#64 Jun 13, 2013
Fleet sales, although not typically shared with the media, normally hover around 25-40% of total sales for the "Big 3."

These are some numbers from 2010.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/10/chry...

http://www.autosavant.com/2010/08/10/chrysler...

From 2012

An analysis by Automotive News shows that through July of this year GM's sales were up 13 percent and Chrysler's jumped 11 percent. But the magazine took into account the amount of fleet sales that took place in the same period and it shows that sales gains were not that dramatic. It appears that General Motors' fleet sales soared 53 percent and Chrysler's doubled. Taking this into account, the magazine discovered that GM's sales were actually down 1 percent and Chrysler's dropped 19 percent. The figures show that 39 percent of Chrysler's total sales went to fleets; 35 percent of Ford's total sales were fleets and 31 percent of total sales for GM were fleets.

http://www.carsdirect.com/automotive-news/fle...

“I know where you are,”

#65 Jun 13, 2013
Nancy Botwin wrote:
You're statement to me...
This coming from someone who posts blogs as a real source of information? LMFGDAO...that is rich.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/T3VFJ1R...
~~~~~~
From your post...Which is from guess where? A BLOG!
The Motley Fool
*Eshna is a member of The Motley Fool BLOG Network -- entries represent the personal opinion of the blogger and are not formally edited.*
"The pickup segment has received an additional boost from record energy production levels in the US. There is a flurry of exploration activities going on in Texas and North Dakota and the exploration companies are buying trucks by hordes."
http://beta.fool.com/tinade/2013/06/13/this-a...
Seems blogs are acceptable as long as YOU'RE the one using them.
Fleet Sales Push Ford Motor Company Sales Down 3.8 Percent in July 2012 (11 months ago)
Blame it on commercial customers: Ford Motor Company claimed that retail sales of its Ford and Lincoln cars were up 2 percent last month, but total sales were down 3.8 percent to 173,966 units. The loss was shared across the brands: Ford sales were down 3.5 percent to 166,991 units, and Lincoln sales were down 10.7 percent to 6975 units. Fleet sales were down by 16 percent.
Ford’s public sales numbers don’t distinguish between retail and fleet sales–so we’ve collected the winners and losers in terms of total numbers.
Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/fleet-sales-push-fo...
I'd just wish you'd stop sniveling and breathing on my lapel.

So what you're saying in 30,000 words or less is that Ford, GM and Chrysler wouldn't be making sh*t without the 25-20% fleet sales numbers added to their bottom line each month.

Thanks.

“Cat got your tongue?”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#66 Jun 13, 2013
BTW....The the last posting to me, you declared yourself the winner then made a sexual remark. You won nothing! The only information you could come up with was a 9 year old article that had the word "surplus" once in the second to last paragraph. Go ahead... Google the term. Does the word "megalomaniac" mean anything to you? It should! When I continued to beat you over the head with the article YOU posted, you simply posted an out of date article, made sexual slur's and declared yourself the winner. LOL That's not the way it works...well, maybe on TPX is does...

“I know where you are,”

#67 Jun 13, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
5 years as a supervisor in the paint shop & the rest as a QC Repairman isn't sweeping floors. Nor is 14 years doing QC Repair at John Deere Harvester.
You're far from having me trumped.
You originally claimed "fleet sales" and you've yet to prove that remark.
John Deere isn't automotive - it's Ag. Not even close to automotive. I've got a 3-sigma black belt cert from 3 different companies - I not only know manufacturing - I know quality as well.

Take a look at the post above. The Big 3 inflate their sales numbers by adding in fleet sales - every month.

I worked as an engineer in an engine plant - 2 out of every 5 engines went to the fleet. And we practically gave those away in the process.

“Cat got your tongue?”

Location hidden

#68 Jun 13, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd just wish you'd stop sniveling and breathing on my lapel.
So what you're saying in 30,000 words or less is that Ford, GM and Chrysler wouldn't be making sh*t without the 25-20% fleet sales numbers added to their bottom line each month.
Thanks.
Oh.. is that what this means...LOL

"Blame it on commercial customers: Ford Motor Company claimed that retail sales of its Ford and Lincoln cars were up 2 percent last month, but total sales were down 3.8 percent to 173,966 units. The loss was shared across the brands: Ford sales were down 3.5 percent to 166,991 units, and Lincoln sales were down 10.7 percent to 6975 units. Fleet sales were down by 16 percent."

“I know where you are,”

#69 Jun 13, 2013
Nancy Botwin wrote:
<quoted text>
"Blame it on commercial customers: Ford Motor Company claimed that retail sales of its Ford and Lincoln cars were up 2 percent last month, but total sales were down 3.8 percent to 173,966 units. The loss was shared across the brands: Ford sales were down 3.5 percent to 166,991 units, and Lincoln sales were down 10.7 percent to 6975 units. Fleet sales were down by 16 percent."
That is an analysis article from a year ago and from Ford only.

“I know where you are,”

#70 Jun 13, 2013
Nancy Botwin wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's something a little more current:

"GM said the rebound in the housing market also helped its truck sales. Sales to small businesses, including building contractors, jumped by nearly 15,000 vehicles at GM, a 32% jump compared to a year ago. The jump in home prices and home sales is leading contractors to start building more new homes than at any time in the last five years. "

http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/02/autos/car-sal...

“I know where you are,”

#71 Jun 13, 2013
Nancy Botwin wrote:
BTW....The the last posting to me, you declared yourself the winner then made a sexual remark. You won nothing! The only information you could come up with was a 9 year old article that had the word "surplus" once in the second to last paragraph. Go ahead... Google the term. Does the word "megalomaniac" mean anything to you? It should! When I continued to beat you over the head with the article YOU posted, you simply posted an out of date article, made sexual slur's and declared yourself the winner. LOL That's not the way it works...well, maybe on TPX is does...
Actually, I won.

I proved you wrong.

Take your lumps and go back to the Human Sexuality forum.

“Cat got your tongue?”

Location hidden

#72 Jun 13, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's something a little more current:
"GM said the rebound in the housing market also helped its truck sales. Sales to small businesses, including building contractors, jumped by nearly 15,000 vehicles at GM, a 32% jump compared to a year ago. The jump in home prices and home sales is leading contractors to start building more new homes than at any time in the last five years. "
http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/02/autos/car-sal...
T/Y and it is good to see that. Now if it can keep up. I did find another current article that said fleet sales were down by 10% as opposed to 16%. It's all good...

“I know where you are,”

#73 Jun 13, 2013
Nancy Botwin wrote:
<quoted text>
T/Y and it is good to see that. Now if it can keep up. I did find another current article that said fleet sales were down by 10% as opposed to 16%. It's all good...
Typically, and this is just from my own experience, automotive companies don't really share fleet sales info with the GP. The reason is obvious - it remains a good portion of their sales from month-to-month.

“Cat got your tongue?”

Location hidden

#74 Jun 13, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I won.
I proved you wrong.
Take your lumps and go back to the Human Sexuality forum.
You didn't win anything. There is no such thing as a surplus job and you haven't been able to prove there is. There are jobs that require skills not normally found in the general work force, in which case the company or corp should provide training. There are jobs, like the one on 60 Mins, that require trigonometry but only want to pay $12.00 an hour. There are piece mill jobs that don't pay a living wage. There are retail jobs that provide so few hours that finding someone to fill them is hard...but there are no surplus jobs. Google it...There are few articles even using that term. It is, at best, a marketing ploy.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#75 Jun 13, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang, imagine that........ not one freaking word about sales.
3rd Paragraph.....BIG AS HELL.....

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#76 Jun 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>3rd Paragraph.....BIG AS HELL.....
Follow the thread.....

I posted that I left out the word "fleet."
Skip

United States

#77 Jun 14, 2013
I'll believe it when it happens.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#78 Jun 14, 2013
Auto and truck sales have been going great for many months now, it just get's ignored when it's announced.....One contributing factor is also the recent boom in construction...Homes nationally and homes and commercial in the south.....
Ronisha

Plainfield, IN

#79 Jun 14, 2013
Eon Von set work ton out you I you hon CID tow foe you of the you is con cow won is don ton
Ronisha

Plainfield, IN

#80 Jun 14, 2013
son con don to you is wen clod tone toe won ton cakes glow tow do gown row. Toe. Town how to tow. Fief con bow go you is to cow. Ton Von demo Tory you zones. Foe. Fuel you I did glen cos. how. Is cake cow. Foe. Dow sake fake foe
Ronisha

Plainfield, IN

#81 Jun 14, 2013
With you bow con to love sex you born. Zoe you I'd hon Ido of move to do vie. Row cow. Rice town foe won con you I'd you con bet you've gin won hope can you Coker hon Dow how town Ben how the you I'm oven Eon for you dodos ton dos. Cons cons for. Zn down to is oldies. Fief fixes. Firm. I'd off son down love ton fibs is god Von. Xeon con toy to. Skyline ton con fly son disc drop of. Cos bod foe is to gown don goal cod. Fosbury slab hod. God. Fob foam ups orb dons Fisk. Full. Dan.
Ronisha

Plainfield, IN

#82 Jun 14, 2013
wright you DNA hon Renee town goes born gown Dakar con don eon trig gob town corner grin Dow hod pod CIA toe con you hon soy dot ton son for Von sold ton for love kiss you is go won from
cowboy born town foe. Orc own. Sake down fake eon disks don won town foe. Gown. Oslo. Flan dos. Hon Joan Bowen Rowe. Own. Own.
Own w down. Regis Von dove how. Folk
Down gown gown. Robbed favela. Tow. Row. Foe. Din row. Row idea. Disk. EPA. Down. Slab

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Kansas City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Kansas City, MO (Aug '10) 58 min sirjinks 89
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu Bently 19,568
from Arkansas to Kansas city Dec 23 Just asking 2
Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) Dec 22 wow 28
Doggie DNA Tests Reveals Pooch's Past (Mar '10) Dec 22 doggie mama 21
Comcast-TWC merger worries, outrages consumers (Feb '14) Dec 21 yungsolo88 53
School punishes blind child by taking away cane... Dec 18 timber41usA 1
More from around the web

North Kansas City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE