Finding a Qualified Roofer
Posted in the North Kansas City Forum
“Local Small Business Entrepren”
Since: Dec 12
#1 Dec 30, 2012
There are so many roofing companies in the Kansas City area!
Seems that there are more roofers than roofs...okay, a slight exaggeration. There are many though.
How do you sort through the sea of roofers then? How do you know when you have one you can trust to do a good job at a good price?
The answer is: Research!
You have to do your own due diligence when selecting any contractor. Roofers are especially important for a number of reasons:
1. Your roof is very important...if it leaks, your home is subjected to the elements and some very costly damages to structure, insulation, wall board, and even your contents (furniture, flooring, etc.).
2. The Roofer's employees are working on your home and at heights of 20 ft and more above the ground. Work related accidents happen all the time to roofers and the medical bills can be expensive.
3. There is a lot of fraud going on in the roofing industry. Many people pay half down or...sometime even in full...and the roofer vanishes with their money. Sometimes, the job is completed but the roofer charged you for premium upgrades, like Owens Corning TruDefinition Duration Storm shingles, and installs the cheapest 10 year shingle form the big box home improvement store!
Thankfully, all of these issues can be avoided...with a little due diligence on your part.
Reputable and honest roofers in the Kansas City area DO Exist! Companies like M.B. Roofing http://www.mbroofing.com who have been in business about 20 years.
These companies will have:
1. Experience and training to make sure your materials go on correctly (by following the manufacturer's recommended overlaps, nail spacing and placement...etc.).
2. They will have the type of General Liability to protect you against any potential damages to your home AND will have the Workman's Compensation to cover the workers from work related injury.
3. The Roofing Company should be able to prove the materials are exactly what was quoted by showing the invoice from the supplier and or being there with you upon delivery.
Don't take chances by hiring an ill-qualified or under experienced roofer! Take my advice and research the roofer. Ask about Testimonials from previous clients: http://www.mbroofing.com/roofing-testimonials... like the ones that MB Roofing has clearly posted on their website.
Yes, Qualified Roofers are out there!
Add your comments below
|Missing Links MC (Oct '10)||3 hr||crip||236|
|where can I score some h (Jan '16)||9 hr||Kebabs121||38|
|Help with H plug||10 hr||Kebabs121||3|
|Drug Dealing on Streets (Aug '13)||10 hr||Kebabs121||65|
|Who can help with some h in Olathe kansas (Dec '16)||20 hr||Jayhawks913||15|
|pitbull puppies for sale $200 (Aug '14)||Sat||Tara Marshall||10|
Find what you want!
Search North Kansas City Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC