Starke County stabbing, shooting vict...

Starke County stabbing, shooting victims identified

There are 29 comments on the South Bend Tribune story from Jun 15, 2009, titled Starke County stabbing, shooting victims identified. In it, South Bend Tribune reports that:

Police have identified the victims of a stabbing and shooting in Starke County Sunday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Bend Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NJudsonWoman

North Judson, IN

#21 Dec 3, 2009
jhnjknsdjklnndj wrote:
<quoted text>
there are alot of ppl in this county who does drugs....not just Risner's...and they all do not use! Besides, if they are adults, they decide what they want to do....this is America! home of the FREE!!!...what's your last name? im sure if YOU are not a COWARD, you will be willing to disclose it...i bet i can dig up some dirt on you too! its no wonder why so many ppl do drugs.....they have to put up with ppl LIKE YOU.....SCUMBAG!
How stupid did that last statement sound??!!
Justice for all

Warsaw, IN

#22 Dec 31, 2009
finally wrote:
yeah ,somebody out there actually realizes who this Jeremy Risner is, I was thinkin' the same thing, and while I would never resort to murder, I have my own idea of what happened here, these two must have been separated and knowing this family a long time, I know that they band together and probably took everything Mr. Wireman had, They lie and cover up for each other no matter what, everyone is playing like Jeremy is the victim here, he's never been a victim his whole life, starting back in 1992, look up the DOC records, and he is still putting everyone's family at risk on Indiana highways. As for his uncle (the ex-sheriff )by marriage, I can only think he must be really whipped by his wife to put his career on the line for Jeremy Risner. I am sorry that someone died,but Jeremy has never had any remorse over the boy who died in Wanatah at his hands, hard to feel sorry for a guy like that. He beats up on women and children, I guess a man was a bit much for him, if he was so good and nice why didn't he take his two nieces and daughter to safety when he was warned that Ernie was probably headed there next, no ,he left all three of those little girls in that house and ran to save his own skin. And you are correct about his brother, wouldn't even raise his too girls, I guess he has better things to do, I can only pray for all the children, because they are really the victims here. And I hope who ever is seeing to them is getting them couseling. I knew eventually someone would die if involved with Jeremy ,it's sad it had to be his own mother, and I wonder will he accept any blame for that? Probably not, he's never been made to accept reponsibility for anything he's ever done. And yes you can thank our wonderful county of lawmakers for that. as for the young lady who wrote aBOUT THESE PEOPLE BEING HER FAMILY, OR HER STEPMOTHERS FAMILY, SHE MAY BE TOO YOUNG TO REALIZE WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO HER AND HER IMMEDIATE FAMILY IF THEY EVER TRY TO GET AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE. aLL i CAN SAY IS PROTECT YOURSELF YOUNG ONE AND WARN YOUR DAD.
Listen finally, you are obviously sick also. Jeremy was not warned Ernie was on his way. After he was shot , Jeremy lurred Mr. Wireman out of the house away from the children inside. You definately know nothing about what went on.And you know nothing about this family as you proclaim to. You only know from the lies youve been told by someone who has to be felt sorry for to get what they want from you. So for now on instead of talking bad about something you know nothing about, you should just keep your ignorant thoughts to yourself.
Scattergun

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Dec 31, 2009
Jeremy is a low life who finally got a fraction of what he had coming to him----what a dummy, taking a knife to a gunfight!
fed up

United States

#24 Jan 1, 2010
Scattergun wrote:
Jeremy is a low life who finally got a fraction of what he had coming to him----what a dummy, taking a knife to a gunfight!
So im guessing you would have known someone was coming for u with a gun huh? why cant all of u just back off and stop all the stupid comments?! whats done is done...so let everyone involved here try to go on and live there own life!! God doesnt even judge us this much and hes the only one that matters!!!
Risner

North Judson, IN

#25 May 12, 2010
I just wanted to get on here to let all you ppl know that WE, the Risner family do appreicate the ones of you that have said prayers for our family. The ones of you that think you know what happend that tragic day, I know who you are, and YOU and your Daughters really need to get a life. You can say and do what you like about the situation, to try and make yourself feel better, but you really should speak the truth. You DO NOT know our family, your daughter was married to Jeremy, thats why you HATE him so much. Well, He worked everyday to give her and Her kids,(and his one child with her)EVERYTHING she/they wanted. If I recall correctly YOU were the one that tried to have your daughter commetted into a NUTHOUSE!! But lets pass the blame somewhere else. That has nothing to do with what happend here, but somehow you tried to turn this around and make it about you. The fact is after Ernie killed Mary, he drove to Jeremy's house, and went into the basement, and called Jeremy into the basement and shot him. Had NOTHING to do with drugs whatso ever! As far as the benefit went, why do you care so much that he was there? Not that we have to justify to you, but he was in Police Custody, and was there for 2 hours, to Thank ppl for coming. If you were so worried about it, you could have came and had a plate of food. Im sure we would of let you keep your $7.00. So, if you have anymore comments, give me a call. I would be more than happy to draw it out in crayon for you. You know my number.
Concerned reader

Hebron, IN

#26 May 26, 2010
I know people can change, but my question is why is Jeremy under House arrest if he was the one shot? I know he has an ankle bracelet. So, if he is innocent then why? Or does that have nothing to do with the shooting? And how long is his house arrest?I know he has a troubled past. But it seems some people are mixing two different stories. It does not make sense to be shot and end up on house arrest. Can someone clear up the stories? Also if he is so good to his daughter, then why does she sleep on the floor with a blanket and pillow rather than her own bed? Oh, I know why, his new (old) girlfriend's 2 boys are sleeping in the girl's bed instead. Shouldn't her mother know this? Sounds like a "good" father to me. Who would put a cheating girlfriend and her kids ahead of his own flesh and blood? Just curious.
Justice for all

Warsaw, IN

#27 Jul 3, 2010
Concerned reader, Jeremy is a good father and to read your comment means to me that you obviously know nothing about him. Did you ever think that maybe his daughter was watching a movie and was laying in front of the tv to watch it? No, that would be too difficult for you to understand. If you know so much about him then you should know why he is or was on house arrest, so you obviously don't. Just how good of a parent are you? The things that you do will one day come back and bite you in your behind with your own child im sure because from the way you speak of his old girlfriend tells me you know her.So, keep your sad inqueries to yourself and you need to get a life of your own and stay out of others. The comments you have made about this man may also come back to you some day , so i would suggest that you not get into a situation you will surely not know how to handle.
Concerned reader wrote:
I know people can change, but my question is why is Jeremy under House arrest if he was the one shot? I know he has an ankle bracelet. So, if he is innocent then why? Or does that have nothing to do with the shooting? And how long is his house arrest?I know he has a troubled past. But it seems some people are mixing two different stories. It does not make sense to be shot and end up on house arrest. Can someone clear up the stories? Also if he is so good to his daughter, then why does she sleep on the floor with a blanket and pillow rather than her own bed? Oh, I know why, his new (old) girlfriend's 2 boys are sleeping in the girl's bed instead. Shouldn't her mother know this? Sounds like a "good" father to me. Who would put a cheating girlfriend and her kids ahead of his own flesh and blood? Just curious.
sister

West Lafayette, IN

#28 Jul 8, 2010
Concerned reader wrote:
Jeremy is not on house arrest because of the shooting,. it was something between him & his ex wife. He is a very good father to that little girl.. His current girl friends children do not spend the night with them at Jeremys house. So, I would say that his daughter slept on the floor because thats where she wanted to sleep..
Concerned reader

Hebron, IN

#29 Jul 15, 2010
First of all, I am not a parent (maybe one day?) but I do know when I was that age my parents made sure I got tucked into bed whether I fell asleep on the couch, floor, or in the car to ensure that I got a good, comfortable night's rest. And when I got older they still made sure I made it into my bed. I am also glad that when my parents divorced, my single father used his visitations with his daughter to take me to the park, zoo, museums, play ball, games or ride bikes etc and share those moments to bond as father/daughter should. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. I always came first. He had plenty of days when I wasn't there to entertain his female friends (which I am sure he did). I am also glad he didn't instill in me that it is acceptable for a woman to spend the night at a man's house when we weren't married. I am also glad that my father didn't repeat his bad decisions made when he was immature and he didn't have to miss those important years of my life. He learned from his past mistakes. By changing his ways, he got to enjoy the best years of our lives. I grew up fast and realized spending time with dad didn't mean as much as being with my friends so now I appreciate those times we spent together. I have no regrets or doubts that he wanted to be a good father and role model to me. Studies say us daughters marry someone just like our father. So, with those values I was taught I hope to raise my children well. I will learn from my parents, learn from my mistakes and theirs, and hopefully set a good example for my own children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Judson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
benton howard (Jul '09) Feb 14 Mr Smith 8
News Records detail murder suspect's troubled past (Jan '08) Jan '18 Byron fucsTommy 373
News Knox football standouts linked to burglary ring (Sep '08) Nov '17 Knox 119
Tami Gifford murdered (Sep '09) Sep '17 family 32
the pizza king is actually pretty dank Sep '17 egg 1
Dog Face Bridge (Sep '08) Jun '17 Undecided 9
The Bridegrooms of Knox, IN (Nov '13) Feb '17 Jjj 54

North Judson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Judson Mortgages