Starke County stabbing, shooting vict...

Starke County stabbing, shooting victims identified

There are 29 comments on the South Bend Tribune story from Jun 15, 2009, titled Starke County stabbing, shooting victims identified. In it, South Bend Tribune reports that:

Police have identified the victims of a stabbing and shooting in Starke County Sunday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Bend Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
finally

Warsaw, IN

#1 Jun 26, 2009
yeah ,somebody out there actually realizes who this Jeremy Risner is, I was thinkin' the same thing, and while I would never resort to murder, I have my own idea of what happened here, these two must have been separated and knowing this family a long time, I know that they band together and probably took everything Mr. Wireman had, They lie and cover up for each other no matter what, everyone is playing like Jeremy is the victim here, he's never been a victim his whole life, starting back in 1992, look up the DOC records, and he is still putting everyone's family at risk on Indiana highways. As for his uncle (the ex-sheriff )by marriage, I can only think he must be really whipped by his wife to put his career on the line for Jeremy Risner. I am sorry that someone died,but Jeremy has never had any remorse over the boy who died in Wanatah at his hands, hard to feel sorry for a guy like that. He beats up on women and children, I guess a man was a bit much for him, if he was so good and nice why didn't he take his two nieces and daughter to safety when he was warned that Ernie was probably headed there next, no ,he left all three of those little girls in that house and ran to save his own skin. And you are correct about his brother, wouldn't even raise his too girls, I guess he has better things to do, I can only pray for all the children, because they are really the victims here. And I hope who ever is seeing to them is getting them couseling. I knew eventually someone would die if involved with Jeremy ,it's sad it had to be his own mother, and I wonder will he accept any blame for that? Probably not, he's never been made to accept reponsibility for anything he's ever done. And yes you can thank our wonderful county of lawmakers for that. as for the young lady who wrote aBOUT THESE PEOPLE BEING HER FAMILY, OR HER STEPMOTHERS FAMILY, SHE MAY BE TOO YOUNG TO REALIZE WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO HER AND HER IMMEDIATE FAMILY IF THEY EVER TRY TO GET AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE. aLL i CAN SAY IS PROTECT YOURSELF YOUNG ONE AND WARN YOUR DAD.
sad daughter

Winona Lake, IN

#2 Jun 30, 2009
I'd like to know who you think YOU are? Quit tring to play God and judging everyone...your only bringing judgment upon yourself...from your blog, you obviously dont have a clue either just like the rest of these bloggers....
finally

Warsaw, IN

#3 Jul 1, 2009
i have a clue more than you think, truth hurts people sometimes but it's still the truth, sorry you disagree
sad daughter

Winona Lake, IN

#4 Jul 1, 2009
finally wrote:
i have a clue more than you think, truth hurts people sometimes but it's still the truth, sorry you disagree
i'd love to debate this situation with you....love to!....but fact is fact, jay IS a victim here...his family are the victims as well...I am a victim....are YOU?
finally

Warsaw, IN

#5 Jul 2, 2009
yes, in more ways than you know, obviously this is your dad we're talking about, as noted by your other enteries, I agree he probably is mentally ill as you said, but i knew your dad when we were young and he wasn't that way then,all i'm saying is sometimes people can be pushed to do things, I feel sorry for all of you except Jeremy because I know him well and I know he had some part in this either instigating, running his mouth, I know his personality, I wonder do you know the family your dad married into as well as you think you do? on that note I'll end this debate, I'm hoping for a healing outcome for you. I've lost family members through tragedy as well, and I would never wish anyone to die the way mary did, but knowing Jeremy Risner has been a "judgement" on several peoples lifes for a long time, several of them children, and yes I'm pretty bitter towards him, all he had to do was make a conscious choice to live right if not for himself ,for his daughter. But children get hurt everyday right? so what huh? Anyway time to end this I don't want to waste any more of my day thinking of Jeremy Risner. I'm not a bad person and I have the right to express my opinions as you do.
sad daughter

Winona Lake, IN

#6 Jul 5, 2009
we will agree to disagree..
no justice

Plymouth, IN

#7 Sep 12, 2009
just an update. Mr. Risner who is on house arrest is going to a benefit in his honor as "the victim of domestic violence" what a joke, when he has been arrested about 3 times for domestic abuse and gotten off. anyway I thought house arrest meant exactly that , staying home, not going to a benefit at the VFW where there is both alcohol and convicted felons both of which he isn't suppossed to be around ,as told to me by the prosecutors office.House arrest is a joke, they go out anyway, it's not the answer to taxpayeers woes, prison is.
mind your own buisness

Larwill, IN

#8 Sep 12, 2009
no justice wrote:
just an update. Mr. Risner who is on house arrest is going to a benefit in his honor as "the victim of domestic violence" what a joke, when he has been arrested about 3 times for domestic abuse and gotten off. anyway I thought house arrest meant exactly that , staying home, not going to a benefit at the VFW where there is both alcohol and convicted felons both of which he isn't suppossed to be around ,as told to me by the prosecutors office.House arrest is a joke, they go out anyway, it's not the answer to taxpayeers woes, prison is.
we didn't ask for your "UPDATE" if you were minding your own buisness you wouldnt know everything about "Mr. Risner"! have a nice day and enjoy the sun.....
no justice

Plymouth, IN

#9 Sep 17, 2009
mind your own buisness wrote:
<quoted text>
we didn't ask for your "UPDATE" if you were minding your own buisness you wouldnt know everything about "Mr. Risner"! have a nice day and enjoy the sun.....
sorry but it is my business, I am a tax paying citizen who will probably be supporting him the rest of his life, so if you don't like it don't read it.
mind your own buisness

Larwill, IN

#10 Sep 18, 2009
How is it YOU will be supporting him? and what exactly is the reason HE should be in prison, because he was shot in his own home?!! yes he IS a victim....and the benefit was not just in his honor, it was for his mother as well. I also am a tax payer, but where is any compassion at all for what he and his family has had to go through?
no justice

Warsaw, IN

#11 Sep 18, 2009
mind your own buisness wrote:
How is it YOU will be supporting him? and what exactly is the reason HE should be in prison, because he was shot in his own home?!! yes he IS a victim....and the benefit was not just in his honor, it was for his mother as well. I also am a tax payer, but where is any compassion at all for what he and his family has had to go through?
obviously you don't know him well or you'd know why he should be in prison it has nothing to do with his shooting ,as for the benefit being for his mother, never saw one mention of her in the newspaper advertising this,only for him, but my concern is that people think house arrest is the answer and it isn't. But you are entitled to your opinion as well as myself.The people who lost out with his latest escapades against the law deserve some restitution also, but now just because he got shot everyone feels oh so sorry for him. I don't condone vio;ence against anyone and of course the law of the land and peoples bleeding hearts today compel us to give the criminal all the rights and beenfits so your thoughts are no different than millions of others except of course when perhaps your rights are violated then I guess it would be a different story, right?
no justice

Warsaw, IN

#12 Sep 18, 2009
I am tired of debating with you as you obviously are small minded and have no idea of what the real issues are so I won't be reading your reply--all taxpayers pay for those who are disabled, and for thier healthcare, I work, do you? Maybe you are living on a different planet because these issues have been all over the news for months. Healthcare reform, ect?? And neither he nor his family had any compassion for any of the victims of his crimes. I've seen him out and about doesn't appear he has any remorse for his lost mother. He seems to be perfectly fine, certainly not in mourning. So ok maybe that's just what I observe. Next you'll be saying ," Oh no one can see his pain" Maybe you're right, don't know about that only what I observe.But heres to you put your rose colored glasses back on now.
concerned

Mountville, PA

#13 Nov 13, 2009
Has there been any new developments on this story?
what

Warsaw, IN

#14 Nov 16, 2009
concerned wrote:
Has there been any new developments on this story?
Yeah, you need to get a life.
Concerned

United States

#15 Nov 17, 2009
Wow, that was really rude. I just wondered if this poor woman's family was going to get justice for her.
jnuinvsijnviudfn vd

Warsaw, IN

#16 Nov 17, 2009
im not really sure who "what" is....but to anyone who is truely concerned....i will let you know... he is still in jail, pretrial hearing sometime in dec. Jay is doing much better and is home, thank goodness! mary is doing better than anyone who is missing her im sure of, cause she doesnt have to deal with any of this BS here anymore. but she is deeply missed.....
Justice for all

Warsaw, IN

#17 Nov 29, 2009
no justice wrote:
obviously you were not invited to the benefit so how do you know who was there and this family just went through a tragedy so im sure there were special stipulations he had to abid by. Also, if you are as smart as you try to be the people who are on home detention pay for it themselves not the taxpayer. But yet you think prison is the answer? Taxpayers do pay for that.
Justice for all

Warsaw, IN

#18 Nov 30, 2009
no justice wrote:
I am tired of debating with you as you obviously are small minded and have no idea of what the real issues are so I won't be reading your reply--all taxpayers pay for those who are disabled, and for thier healthcare, I work, do you? Maybe you are living on a different planet because these issues have been all over the news for months. Healthcare reform, ect?? And neither he nor his family had any compassion for any of the victims of his crimes. I've seen him out and about doesn't appear he has any remorse for his lost mother. He seems to be perfectly fine, certainly not in mourning. So ok maybe that's just what I observe. Next you'll be saying ," Oh no one can see his pain" Maybe you're right, don't know about that only what I observe.But heres to you put your rose colored glasses back on now.
Again, you obviously was not invited to the benefit probably because you and this family do not get along because if you was there you would have seen Marys name everywhere. You seem awfully judgemental towards this man for your own personal reasons im sure. But for you to think that what this man and his family have gone through has no impact on them seems abit thoughtless on your part.As for your reply to the post about they must be small minded because they have no idea what the real issues are here. It sounds to me that you had some type of a relationship with this man and his family and cant get over it. Is that the real issues you refer to? As for this mans crimes you refer to and that he nor his family have no compassion for whoever the victims are of the crimes he must be on home detention for,it sounds to me you were involved in those crimes which i am sure he regrets.Hopefully something as tragic that has happened to these people will never happen to you because this must be an awful time for everyone involved no matter how each person deals with it in their own way.
finally agree

United States

#19 Dec 2, 2009
Anyone from that Risner group is scumbags. That Jordy, Adam, the Manns, etc. They are all drug addicted losers. They cheat, lie, steal and are cowards. You can't go a month without one of their names being in the newapaper. Funny thing is they always seem to be out of jail in a few days. Eventually they will have to deal with out of county police then they will get theirs!
jhnjknsdjklnndj

Brentwood, TN

#20 Dec 3, 2009
finally agree wrote:
Anyone from that Risner group is scumbags. That Jordy, Adam, the Manns, etc. They are all drug addicted losers. They cheat, lie, steal and are cowards. You can't go a month without one of their names being in the newapaper. Funny thing is they always seem to be out of jail in a few days. Eventually they will have to deal with out of county police then they will get theirs!
there are alot of ppl in this county who does drugs....not just Risner's...and they all do not use! Besides, if they are adults, they decide what they want to do....this is America! home of the FREE!!!...what's your last name? im sure if YOU are not a COWARD, you will be willing to disclose it...i bet i can dig up some dirt on you too! its no wonder why so many ppl do drugs.....they have to put up with ppl LIKE YOU.....SCUMBAG!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Judson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Bridegrooms of Knox, IN (Nov '13) Feb '17 Jjj 54
Twin half sisters Feb '17 MargoA 1
News WSBT TV I Love to Read Challenge - Vote (Feb '10) Feb '17 Alyssa 10
Local Politics Do you approve of Rick Chambers as Mayor? Jan '17 Eyeinsky 1
Does anyone know Charles Parker or dawn stout (Feb '14) Jan '17 Freddie Parker 3
News Police: 3-year-old girl was kept in wooden box Dec '16 Maple 2
News Winamac Man Arrested on Violation of Operating ... (Dec '12) Dec '16 Robert margraves 6

North Judson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Judson Mortgages