North Judson residents worry as polic...

North Judson residents worry as police seek AWOL armed soldier

There are 2 comments on the WSBT story from Dec 14, 2009, titled North Judson residents worry as police seek AWOL armed soldier. In it, WSBT reports that:

It was a scary day for some people in Starke County as police search for a man they say is armed and dangerous.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSBT.

saddened

Warsaw, IN

#1 Dec 15, 2009
I would like to commend the North Judson- San Pierre school staff regarding this situation and the lock down, they did as they were trained to do ,to keep our children as safe as they could. I have three grandchildren in the school system and one didn't really know what was going on, the other was calm and told us what the teacher did to protect them, the other, fortunately, was absent from school. It sounds like the school officials kept the kids calm and did exactly as they should have. What good would it have done to have hysterical kids and parents? I personally wouldn't want them wasting their time calling me, but taking care of my child instead, that's the priority. Although I was worried sick till I saw their beautiful faces come off the school bus, I know that chaos and hysteria cause more of the same. We are living in an age where even in our small communities we have to be prepared for another catastrophe like 911 and Columbine, I urge people to talk to their kids and teach them survival techniques, some terrorists have already talked of hitting our rural communities, people need to have a plan and know what to do and if you aren't sure talk to the state police , I recently heard some good advice and tips from the commander of the Porter County Sheriffs Department, re- garding just that ,how to survive in case of a robbery, or if there's a hostage situation. We need to keep calm, cool, heads and try to instill that in our kids, it may save their life, thanks for listening. If friends of Zach or family have contact witth him, urge him to turn himself in, if he goes waving a weapon they will shoot him dead, I know- it happened in our family, and the gun my loved one had wasn't even loaded, but officers don't know that.
sherry

Columbia City, IN

#2 Dec 15, 2009
this is what happens when you send a boy to do a mans job. sad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Judson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Twin half sisters Wed MargoA 1
The Bridegrooms of Knox, IN (Nov '13) Feb 21 ls99o9 53
News WSBT TV I Love to Read Challenge - Vote (Feb '10) Feb 15 Alyssa 10
Local Politics Do you approve of Rick Chambers as Mayor? Jan 29 Eyeinsky 1
Does anyone know Charles Parker or dawn stout (Feb '14) Jan '17 Freddie Parker 3
News Police: 3-year-old girl was kept in wooden box Dec '16 Maple 2
News Winamac Man Arrested on Violation of Operating ... (Dec '12) Dec '16 Robert margraves 6

North Judson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Judson Mortgages