Richard Smith (North Judson)...RIP

Richard Smith (North Judson)...RIP

Posted in the North Judson Forum

Ryan Stotler

Dekalb, IL

#1 Jul 10, 2009
I, among the rest of my family, lost my grandfather Friday to a long battle with cancer. I know that he was much older (he would have been 87 on July 24 and celebrated 63 years of marriage in a hospital bed suffering), but if anyone has a happy story of him at all or something to keep his memory alive please share it here. We were always very close and it's just been very hard to find closure. I am thinking maybe this will help me along. I know he had a lot of relatives in the area and that was why I was asking. I look forward to reading some posts, thank you.

Since: Apr 09

Fortville, IN

#2 Aug 10, 2009
Ryan, your Grandpa was so very proud of you from the day you were born, he would always tell little stories of things you did as you grew up.He knew for a while that he did not have long , he was ready to go, he made his peace with God. He does not want you to keep hurting, he would want you to be happy and remember the good times when you grew up around him.How is your Grandma doing?
David Garetto- Barnett

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Aug 11, 2009
Ryan,
I've been a friend of your mothers for many years. Your Grandfather was one of the most calm man I ever met. I did not have the pleasure of seeing him interact with you, I'm sure you were the apple of his eye! I am sorry for your loss.
Please give my best to your family!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Judson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Records detail murder suspect's troubled past (Jan '08) Jan 5 Byron fucsTommy 373
News Knox football standouts linked to burglary ring (Sep '08) Nov '17 Knox 119
Tami Gifford murdered (Sep '09) Sep '17 family 32
the pizza king is actually pretty dank Sep '17 egg 1
Dog Face Bridge (Sep '08) Jun '17 Undecided 9
The Bridegrooms of Knox, IN (Nov '13) Feb '17 Jjj 54
Twin half sisters (Feb '17) Feb '17 MargoA 1

North Judson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Judson Mortgages