Juvenile caught inside bank over weekend

Juvenile caught inside bank over weekend

There are 36 comments on the South Bend Tribune story from Nov 26, 2009, titled Juvenile caught inside bank over weekend. In it, South Bend Tribune reports that:

North Judson police found a 15-year-old inside a bank building early Sunday morning, apparently in the midst of a robbery attempt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Bend Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SO SAD

United States

#1 Dec 5, 2009
This is so sad,A boy this young doing this.
SO SAD

United States

#2 Dec 5, 2009
Where his is Parents?
Concerned

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Dec 5, 2009
We can't always blame the parents for what a young man does. As my dad always said you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink! I know for a fact that he has a wonderful mother who would do anything for him. I know she is hurting terribly over this so if people would try not to judge and wonder what they would do if the roles were reversed we all would appreciate it. Hopefully the young man will learn from HIS terrible lack of judgement and become a better person for it.
Caesar

Smithville, OH

#4 Dec 7, 2009
Sad to say his education will now come from the legal system and prison. There is not much hope after he gets out with a felony on his record.At least not in this new USA Inccorporated. The only chance he's got with a felony is to join the armed forces. This blog mentions a loving mother at this boys side, but does not mention the father. If he was involved would this have happened? Hard to speculate without knowing the details, but understanding how the criminal justice system operates in this county. The boys future is very unclear and gloomy. Remember the days of paying your debt to society are gone. Once you receive the Scarlet Letter it is on you for life according to USA Inc.
Concerned

Jefferson, GA

#5 Dec 12, 2009
The local paper praising the local officers on this arrest was a joke. They would not have even known the young man was in the bank if not for a call stating he was in there. He did not resist in any way from the law officers who came in. My question is how can a 15 year old just kick open a bank back door and walk right in without any alarms going off? If my money was in this bank I sure wouldn't feel to safe. I am not in anyway blaming the local bank for this but you definitely have to question there safety measures.
Newcomer

Utica, KY

#6 Dec 13, 2009
Concerned wrote:
We can't always blame the parents for what a young man does. As my dad always said you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink! I know for a fact that he has a wonderful mother who would do anything for him. I know she is hurting terribly over this so if people would try not to judge and wonder what they would do if the roles were reversed we all would appreciate it. Hopefully the young man will learn from HIS terrible lack of judgement and become a better person for it.
I agree with you.
prick

North Judson, IN

#7 Dec 14, 2009
parents were probably smokin meth just sayin
Concerned

Douglas, GA

#8 Dec 14, 2009
Well Prick I know for a fact that the mother is a good woman and has never done meth. Don't pick on the mother at all!
an old friend

South Whitley, IN

#9 Dec 14, 2009
Concerned wrote:
Well Prick I know for a fact that the mother is a good woman and has never done meth. Don't pick on the mother at all!
i know his mother too. she gets mad like all moms. has problems, but is a good mother who loves her childred.

as for the kid, hes my friend and ive known him since he was about 8 years old. we all go down the wrong paths.
and that isnt always to blame on parents.
this isnt something ignorant people should be commenting about when they know NOTHING of the situation or reprucussions it has on those related to the incident
North judson

Milford, IN

#10 Dec 14, 2009
I'm a 15 year old from North Judson as well and I know this kid. He's a total jerk, his brother is a no good punk who has many felony records, his sister is an already pregnant girl. I saw this coming miles away. Was just a matter of time.
anonymous

Warsaw, IN

#11 Dec 15, 2009
North judson wrote:
I'm a 15 year old from North Judson as well and I know this kid. He's a total jerk, his brother is a no good punk who has many felony records, his sister is an already pregnant girl. I saw this coming miles away. Was just a matter of time.
Well first of all, I'd like to know where you get your info from? His brother does not have ANY felonies against him and yes his sister had a baby but gee she's not the first and won't be the last. Not that it's right but yes it happens. This kid that did this did make a huge mistake but he is not a jerk. Maybe you are just one of the many people from high school that thinks they're better. But be careful passing judgement. You have no idea what has went on in this kids life. I suppose all of us would feel pretty ashamed if all our sins were laid out for the whole world to see. What happened to forgiveness and compassion? I'm glad God gives us all first, second and third chances sometimes. His opinion is the only one that matters-not yours.
Concerned

Douglas, GA

#12 Dec 15, 2009
This is for North Judson. I would really like to know who do you think you are passing judgement on anyone. His sister was 18 when she had her child and she is with the father of the child. As for the other brother yes he has had some problems but he has no felony what so ever on his record. You sound like one of North Judsons punks who thinks they are something big but in truth are not worth shit. I will say that yes you do have your right to your own opinion but as I have always been told "Opinions are like assholes in that everybody has one." The next time that you post though at least get your facts straight.
you no

Warsaw, IN

#13 Dec 15, 2009
so who thinks im a tottal jerk,and some of u guys are stupid, first off my mom hasnt touched meth so get your story straight. Some of you people dnt even know me...!!
anon

Warsaw, IN

#14 Dec 15, 2009
WOW!!
wwjd9

Warsaw, IN

#15 Dec 15, 2009
Caesar wrote:
Sad to say his education will now come from the legal system and prison. There is not much hope after he gets out with a felony on his record.At least not in this new USA Inccorporated. The only chance he's got with a felony is to join the armed forces. This blog mentions a loving mother at this boys side, but does not mention the father. If he was involved would this have happened? Hard to speculate without knowing the details, but understanding how the criminal justice system operates in this county. The boys future is very unclear and gloomy. Remember the days of paying your debt to society are gone. Once you receive the Scarlet Letter it is on you for life according to USA Inc.
actually i would like to say one thing. this boy is a family member of mine and he didnt go to prison or boys school. he gets to stay in school. and oh yea, after he turns 18 this will be wiped off his record. But im just saying.
wwjd9

Warsaw, IN

#16 Dec 15, 2009
prick wrote:
parents were probably smokin meth just sayin
well this really just rubs me the wrong way considering the mother of this boy is my mother also. Meth? are you kidding me? Meth is not, nore has it ever been in this womans life. She is a proud christian and guess what, my kid brother did make a mistake but that was no ones fault but his. Who hasnt made mistakes? Honestly pointing fingers and accusing someone of this WILL come back to you so dont think it wont. If your a punk kid then fine i could care less but if your someone who has children dont go making accusations when you could be in my mothers shoes someday. The only one who can judge my brother is god and god only.
wwjd9

Warsaw, IN

#17 Dec 15, 2009
North judson wrote:
This is hilarious hearing a 15 year old say they knew me? Well i am now 19 years old and never once have i hung out with a little kid. Esp one who thinks they are the shit. Im guessing your one of those kids who either was intimidated by my brothers or just think they are better. Just remember karma will always bite you in the ass.:)
North judson

Milford, IN

#18 Dec 15, 2009
Next time he steals I'm gonna break his neck.

Milford, IN

#19 Dec 15, 2009
I'm as old as your girlfriend lol. And your the punk. You both are. ;)
tyler rudd

Warsaw, IN

#20 Dec 15, 2009
so who wants to break my neck because id realy likke to see u try,,so are you gnna tell me who u are or do u not have the balls...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Judson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Bridegrooms of Knox, IN (Nov '13) Apr '16 Whoisit? 48
luke weldon where are u?? (Jun '13) Feb '16 lukeweldon 3
Jeremi Ison (Oct '11) Oct '15 Friend 5
News Column: Indiana highway gives us lesson in econ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Corruption Killer 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Aug '15 CorruptionKiller 35
Tami Gifford murdered (Sep '09) Jun '15 Nevertoolateforju... 29
News Starke County Police Make Arrests (Jun '15) Jun '15 John smith 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Judson Mortgages