Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201854 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#153237 Aug 5, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
If the sexual orientation of a fetus could be determined, would the argument "women have the right what to do with their bodies" still be supported by pro abortionists?
It can't be determined at birth. Homosexuality/Queerism/Faggotr y is a BEHAVIOR---it describes who they fuck in the bedroom. the whole "born that way" theory makes no fucking sense, considering there are many who quit the "alternative lifestyle" proves it is a personal choice. every sexual act is a choice. Couples choose when & where to engage in their sexual interactions. And I personally don't blame the blacks for getting mad about the queers equavilating what they do in their bedrooms to something the blacks have no control over---their skin color.

Life is all about choices. The only things in life people have no control over is their BIOLOGICAL parents, their race/ethnicity, & their gender. Personal choices, alternative lifestyles, bad habits, addictions, religion, hobbies, political parties, etc....these are all made on CHOICE.

Ashame the perverts don't understand this concept
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#153238 Aug 5, 2012
If "Gay is the new black" then "Black is the new gay". Both sides of the equation must be equal.

Not all blacks are gay, so the whole "Gay is the new black" is just an insult to the black community. And I personal don't blame them for being insulted (or even disgusted) with "born that way" theory. Being equivalated to a devious behavior is just degrading & disgusting. But hey, some blacks have to learn the hard way what happens when you get in bed with Liberals (no pun intended)
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#153239 Aug 5, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
Most women probably wouldn't care and the christian fanatics can't because,as you know Jesus gave regularly secluded sermons on the evils of abortion (and pork ), and even though they love their ham they don't want to piss Jesus off by having an abortion. But I bet you would change your stance on abortion or at least make an exception in this case.
ELH.

Exactly. That life "technically" begins at the moment a child takes his first breath is a Jewish concept. It it contrary to Christian belief. According to the word of the living God:

"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." (Jeremiah 1:5)

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb." (Psalms 139:13)

Ronald
ELH

Portland, OR

#153240 Aug 5, 2012
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#153241 Aug 5, 2012
Randall wrote:
Numb-nuts...civil rights are not decided by majority vote. If they were blacks would would be in separate schools, women wouldn't be able to vote, people of different races would not be able to marry. Get it? Or are you still too dumb?
Anal sex is a civil right? LOL When did this happen

ROFLMAO
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#153242 Aug 5, 2012
ELH wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =K8E_zMLCRNgXX
Thanks for admitting your defeat, you queer coward
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#153243 Aug 5, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
...yawn...
The discussion was about choice, shit-for-brains. It supports being gay is NOT a choice. Geez.... you're such a moron.
Mona Lott.

That is not the question. The "normal" non-Homosexual man is expected to control his sexual appetite. The question is whether or not any less should be expected of our Homosexual friends and the lesbians?

Ronald
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Shasta Lake, CA

#153244 Aug 5, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>Most women probably wouldn't care and the christian fanatics can't because,as you know Jesus gave regularly secluded sermons on the evils of abortion (and pork ), and even though they love their ham they don't want to piss Jesus off by having an abortion. But I bet you would change your stance on abortion or at least make an exception in this case.
I made no mention of religion! Interesting that you immediately launch an attack on a specific religious group!
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Shasta Lake, CA

#153245 Aug 5, 2012
Marcia_Marcia_Marcia wrote:
<quoted text>Not Pro Abortionists it is Pro Choice and I think the question should be "If the sexual orientation of a fetus could be determined, would the argument "All babies should have a chance at life no matter what" still be supported by pro life?
Okay, that is fair. I asked my question, go ahead and ask yours.
ELH

Portland, OR

#153246 Aug 5, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona Lott.
That is not the question. The "normal" non-Homosexual man is expected to control his sexual appetite. The question is whether or not any less should be expected of our Homosexual friends and the lesbians?
Ronald

Who aside from the "professor" and "this guy", the thread assholes or you ever said that homosexuals don't "control their sexual appetites"?

I won't even bother to ask WTF you comment has to do with Mona's post since your posts are always non responsive, but what do you base this OPINION of your on?
ELH

Portland, OR

#153247 Aug 5, 2012
<quoted text>
I made no mention of religion! Interesting that you immediately launch an attack on a specific religious group!
I guess that in the future you need to outline the acceptable response parameters in you posts. Also, unclenching your rectal sphincter once in a while and relaxing enough to get a JOKE might be a good ideal too. As an added benefit, it will also reduce your blood pressure.
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#153248 Aug 5, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly fundies. Always asking for people to prove a negative.
The party making the claim is responsible for the burden of proof. Prove it IS a choice. Go ahead. Spit in the face of EVERY legitimate medical and psychological and scientific professional organization. Go ahead.
There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.
most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.
most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.

"Silly fundies."
-Idiots with no real arguments, scream "fundies"

"Prove it IS a choice."
-LOL Really? So 2 + 2 = 4 is a CHOICE now? I take it the Earth chose to be sphere too, since it's based on fact & not feelings...LOL You queers have very queer logic...ROFL

"The party making the claim is responsible for the burden of proof."
-CORRECTION: The party making the claim is responsible for the burden of TRUTH.

"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation."
-Ever wondered why? I know. It's because perverts are constantly changing their sexual orientation. It's pointless counting the # of queers in a city when some of them quit being queers.

"Spit in the face of EVERY legitimate medical and psychological and scientific professional organization. Go ahead."
-From what I read, the homosexual lifestyle decreases the lifespan of people to 30 yrs. And many are at higher risks at contacting AIDS & other STDs, & I got all this information from medical & psychological sites.

"Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors."
-LOL Really? So being raped, raised with a mother AND father, being abused by a partner doesn't make resort to homosexuality?---which by the way are all SOCIAL, HORMONAL, & DEVELOPMENTAL influences. What about Planned Parenthood talking to children about the ways queers have sex? And some of these kids are as young as 5 yrs old! Also why are queers pushing for lesbian acceptance, it seems to be something common among teenage girls? Speaking of teens, why are queers pushing their queer agenda onto girls? Sounds almost like homosexuality is a LEARNT behavior.

"Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles"
-Because they DO, moron.

"most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."
-LOL So teaching teenagers (who btw are still in the process of finding their identities & places in life) about queerism doesn't or won't confuse them? LOL COOL STORY BRO. It clearly is a choice.

"most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."
-Many homosexuals who were raped & abused as children would disagree with you.
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#153249 Aug 5, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
Who aside from the "professor" and "this guy", the thread assholes or you ever said that homosexuals don't "control their sexual appetites"?
So [sexual] addictions/urges can't be controlled?
cool story bro. but I think people who quit smoking would disagree with you
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#153250 Aug 5, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't even bother to ask WTF you comment has to do with Mona's post since your posts are always non responsive, but what do you base this OPINION of your on?
ELH.

Yes. I agree. Before the corrupt politicians and the high paid agenda driven Government judges began pandering to the tiny Homosexual community - and the lesbians - our Homosexual friends had enough self-respect to keep their sexual proclivities "in the closet".*(so to speak)* In fact, in olden times I never even saw non-Homosexual parades.

Ronald

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#153251 Aug 5, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
Why Are You Still Supporting Gay Adoption?
Now that the APA has revised its opinion on sexual orientation -- to writ, they don't know for certain what causes it, why are you still supporting gay adoption?
See below the most recent APA revision. And I'll be the first to say, you can't be blamed for how the LGBT scammed you on the issue, but now that you know you've been scammed isn't it time to start thinking about the kids whose lives you put in danger?
Mind you, gays are probably no more prone to pedophilia than anyone else and it's a low and hateful thing to suggest otherwise. But isn't this a separate question? Isn't the primary issue here erring on the side of caution?
Basically, the APA has rejected all those lesbian-authored studies that held gay parents are just as good as straight parents. The APA opinion below clearly implies this.
If the APA gave the green light to gay adoption before they're now giving it a red light.
Why then are you still for gay adoption?
And finally, weren't you warned about this? Weren't you told you were acting in a foolish and irresponsible manner when you signed-on for gay adoption?
Weren't you told to curb your enthusiasm -- that your rush to be so got blam politically correct would come back to bite you on the ass?
<quoted text>
So on the link you provided you said they are giving the red light on gay adoption?
This is what The APA says "In summary, social science has shown that the concerns often raised about children of lesbian and gay parents—concerns that are generally grounded in prejudice against and stereotypes about gay people—are unfounded. Overall, the research indicates that the children of lesbian and gay parents do not differ markedly from the children of heterosexual parents in their development, adjustment, or overall well-being."

So The APA says concerns are unfounded and research indicates the children of lesbain or gay parents do not differ markedly from children of heterosexual.

So... where did you get the red light comment from?

Location hidden

#153252 Aug 5, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Silly fundies."
-Idiots with no real arguments, scream "fundies"
"Prove it IS a choice."
-LOL Really? So 2 + 2 = 4 is a CHOICE now? I take it the Earth chose to be sphere too, since it's based on fact & not feelings...LOL You queers have very queer logic...ROFL
"The party making the claim is responsible for the burden of proof."
-CORRECTION: The party making the claim is responsible for the burden of TRUTH.
"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation."
-Ever wondered why? I know. It's because perverts are constantly changing their sexual orientation. It's pointless counting the # of queers in a city when some of them quit being queers.
"Spit in the face of EVERY legitimate medical and psychological and scientific professional organization. Go ahead."
-From what I read, the homosexual lifestyle decreases the lifespan of people to 30 yrs. And many are at higher risks at contacting AIDS & other STDs, & I got all this information from medical & psychological sites.
"Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors."
-LOL Really? So being raped, raised with a mother AND father, being abused by a partner doesn't make resort to homosexuality?---which by the way are all SOCIAL, HORMONAL, & DEVELOPMENTAL influences. What about Planned Parenthood talking to children about the ways queers have sex? And some of these kids are as young as 5 yrs old! Also why are queers pushing for lesbian acceptance, it seems to be something common among teenage girls? Speaking of teens, why are queers pushing their queer agenda onto girls? Sounds almost like homosexuality is a LEARNT behavior.
"Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles"
-Because they DO, moron.
-LOL So teaching teenagers (who btw are still in the process of finding their identities & places in life) about queerism doesn't or won't confuse them? LOL COOL STORY BRO. It clearly is a choice.

-Many homosexuals who were raped & abused as children would disagree with you.
So why is it people need proof that it is a choice in order to believe it is or isnt?
But when someone asks for proof of God or Jesus and they can not produce it they say it is Faith and you do not need proof?
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#153253 Aug 5, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Psst, ELH is a woman, and drop dead gorgeous at that. The funny thing is you cant see her inner beauty.
In the words of Austin Powers, "That's a man, baby"

Location hidden

#153254 Aug 5, 2012
<quoted text>
Okay, that is fair. I asked my question, go ahead and ask yours.
I did... and to answer the question Pro Choice is just that choice being able to make a decision and not be told what to do.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#153255 Aug 5, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
The APA's position on why or what causes one's sexual orientation is IRRELEVANT to one's ability to be a good parent.......hell, straights who have children time and again prove that just because one can have a natural child, doesn't necessarily mean they should!!!!

The APA hasn't revised anything by the way.......they have always stated that no one truly knows why some people are Gay or Lesbian, while some are straight.........they have also stated that one's sexual orientation is a complex matter.

Now, you can continue to post your lil rants, but all you prove is how much of a hateful person you are........especially because you have issues with your own identity......seek help, it might help you not to be so hateful!!!
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#153256 Aug 5, 2012
Marcia_Marcia_Marcia wrote:
<quoted text>
So why is it people need proof that it is a choice in order to believe it is or isnt?
But when someone asks for proof of God or Jesus and they can not produce it they say it is Faith and you do not need proof?
"So why is it people need proof that it is a choice in order to believe it is or isnt?"
-No proof = no evidence. If we didn't have proof for the things we analysis, measure, & observe, then we would still be in the stone age. If we didn't have anything to prove, then we wouldn't need to rely on experiments, data, & measurements. If you have a hard time understanding any of this, then take a science class during your time.

"But when someone asks for proof of God or Jesus and they can not produce it they say it is Faith and you do not need proof?"
-LOL "Faith"? Faith is a personal belief. We can't prove there is a God or Jesus because we don't have the technology. And just because there is no physical proof of something doesn't always mean it doesn't exist. Remember when everyone thought the earth was flat? We weren't able to prove it wasn't until we started taking people up into space. Also, if atoms are neither created nor destroyed, then where did they come from? They obviously came from somewhere since they do exist. For all we know, a supreme being may have been responsible for the creation of the multiverse. Why is it hauntings occur & how? There are many questions in science that we can't explain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North-Hollywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News $75,000 Reward Approved For Information Leading... 15 hr Kurtz 1
News City Council Cuts More Than $300K In Funding Fr... 19 hr Sandy 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,089
FDA US is banning some Mexican cilantro Tue Ken 1
Car & pedestrian collision? Soon be an app for ... Tue Ginnie 1
News Armed man arrested in LA where Biden was due to... Jul 23 Black Annie 6
News North Hollywood man charged with bilking women ... Jun '15 Mistytome 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North-Hollywood Mortgages