San Diego, CA

#1 Jan 31, 2011
I grew up in North Hollywood and when I was young, I used to walk to our nearest grocery store "Food Bag" market on the SE corner of Victory and Tujunga. Right on the corner was a Long's drug store, but it moved to the Valley Plaza back in the sixty's I believe.

Food Bag Market was owned and run by two brothers, Mitch and Ernie. I don't remember ever knowing their last names. I would love to know something about them. How long they owned the store, when they sold or closed it if indeed it is closed. Anything about their families, etc. I'm sure they have passed by now, but they were very nice and a good memory from my past.

I appreciate any information.

San Diego, CA

#2 Jan 31, 2011
After reading through this forum, I see it isn't really about "North Hollywood".

Houston, TX

#3 Mar 12, 2012
I know Mitch and Ernie owned the store til atleast mid 1969 (We moved to Texas in July 1969). Growing up there I remember delivering weekly flyers for them and earning a whole $5 a week. We loved the buthcer there (Tony I think his name was)...Learned all about meat from him. Many years ago we were in the was still a grocery store, but had different owners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North-Hollywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 9 min southern at heart 2,074
Trump Kreepy Klown kit SOLD OUT 29 min putin party store 1
Why I am voting for Hillary Clinton. 2 hr Hillary Sucks Vomit 21
TRUMP wins debate 3 hr Earl 8
News Mel Gibson apologizes for drunk driving (Jul '06) 3 hr richardnames 34
Pit Bull Rescue Tia Torres husband ex-convict a... (Oct '07) 3 hr Now_What- 596
don rimbey donald s. rimbey (Sep '10) Oct 23 Dale n Sons 19

North-Hollywood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North-Hollywood Mortgages