Accused hit-and-run driver in custody

Accused hit-and-run driver in custody

There are 23 comments on the LA Daily News story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Accused hit-and-run driver in custody. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

An alleged hit-and-run driver was behind bars today after fatally striking a 20-year-old woman in a Northridge crosswalk, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joker

Atascadero, CA

#1 Sep 24, 2008
This is sad. I hope the person that hit her deserved for what she did.
What

United States

#2 Sep 24, 2008
Joker wrote:
This is sad. I hope the person that hit her deserved for what she did.
What?
Say Whaaat

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Sep 24, 2008
I think what Joker was trying to say was that he hopes that the person hit her deserved for what she did.... wait, huh???
I get it

San Jacinto, CA

#4 Sep 24, 2008
I think Joker was hope person deserved what did hit...or sumpin' like that.
Dave

United States

#5 Sep 24, 2008
It's sad state of affairs when someone dies from an accident and people post uncouth statements. Furthermore, there are family and friends who are affected by this and heartless people should hope that is doesn't ever happen to anyone they know. God Bless the family and friends during these hard times. As the the woman who hit this young lady, she must have been scared and didn't do right by running. The legal system will deal with her and that will never make things even. There's a void in a family who's pain can't be mitigated.
bonesaw

Riverside, CA

#6 Sep 24, 2008
???? Speak English
Joker wrote:
This is sad. I hope the person that hit her deserved for what she did.
Beth

United States

#7 Sep 24, 2008
This article is confusing. On the first line it stated "...fatally striking a 20-year old woman.." On the third line it stated " The victim, Marcia Roberts, 42, of Northridge.." How many victims were there?
Beth

United States

#8 Sep 24, 2008
I send my condolences to the family and friends of the victim.
Jackson Green

Bell, CA

#9 Sep 24, 2008
Need to do away with the corrpution in the DA's office in the LBC: Get new leadership:

http://www.longbeachcomber.com/classifieds.as...
jkelley

San Gabriel, CA

#10 Sep 24, 2008
The article's 3rd sentence lists the suspect as the victim.
English one O one

United States

#11 Sep 24, 2008
Dave wrote:
It's sad state of affairs when someone dies from an accident and people post uncouth statements. Furthermore, there are family and friends who are affected by this and heartless people should hope that is doesn't ever happen to anyone they know. God Bless the family and friends during these hard times. As the the woman who hit this young lady, she must have been scared and didn't do right by running. The legal system will deal with her and that will never make things even. There's a void in a family who's pain can't be mitigated.
Uncouth, mitigated? Expanding ones vocabulary are we? Did Dave get a new dictionary? Now get back to work.

Since: Aug 08

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Sep 24, 2008
Damn mexicans, I knew those illegals are tho only one to hit and run........ wha??? Marcia Roberts? That has to be a mistake! Right?
LEES

San Fernando, CA

#13 Sep 24, 2008
um lets see the woman that ran the red light and her companion wher both WHITE, and the person above was also saying that they hope that these people that did this crime get what they deserve... how do you run a red light hit a person, its not like the woman was invisible that was hit keep driving, park your car and go home...hmmm intoxicated, could be drugged possibley, 2 people in a car noone feses up, yeah that is just badddd
Strait Butta wrote:
Damn mexicans, I knew those illegals are tho only one to hit and run........ wha??? Marcia Roberts? That has to be a mistake! Right?
Norm A

Paramount, CA

#14 Sep 24, 2008
Here is a young girl who hit a woman and fled the scene of the accident without any regard for the person who was hit by her vehicle. She is a college student with supposedly some common sense but apparently not. She went through a red light. I wonder if she was talking on her cell phone. Such a tragedy that both families are having to endure because of someone who either has no regard for another person's life or is just brain dead period.
Chrystal

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Sep 24, 2008
Two words describing the suspect tell me all I need to know. The suspect is a woman. The suspect was driving an SUV. SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!

As a pedestrian and a student, I nearly get run over multiple times a day by DUMB BROADS and the giant tin cans they just love to drive.

And if it isn't an SUV, it's a Mercedes or BMW!

I doubt the b*tch who killed that student was under the influence of anything except stupidity. The b*tch intentionally ran the red light, hit the woman and couldn't have cared less.

FRY THE B*TCH!!!!!!!!!!
Yut Yut

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Sep 24, 2008
Norm A wrote:
Here is a young girl who hit a woman and fled the scene of the accident without any regard for the person who was hit by her vehicle. She is a college student with supposedly some common sense but apparently not. She went through a red light. I wonder if she was talking on her cell phone. Such a tragedy that both families are having to endure because of someone who either has no regard for another person's life or is just brain dead period.
Norm if this was reading comprehension test, you would have failed.
Chatsworth Chick

Marina Del Rey, CA

#17 Sep 24, 2008
Chrystal wrote:
Two words describing the suspect tell me all I need to know. The suspect is a woman. The suspect was driving an SUV. SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!
As a pedestrian and a student, I nearly get run over multiple times a day by DUMB BROADS and the giant tin cans they just love to drive.
And if it isn't an SUV, it's a Mercedes or BMW!
I doubt the b*tch who killed that student was under the influence of anything except stupidity. The b*tch intentionally ran the red light, hit the woman and couldn't have cared less.
FRY THE B*TCH!!!!!!!!!!
Jealous much?

I agree that this woman needs to pay for her awful crime, but don't generalize women who drive SUVs. Calm down for gawd's sake.
Aaron

United States

#18 Sep 24, 2008
What is wrong with people? You just leave the scene like nothing happened??? Rot in jail sub-human.
Chatsworth Chick

Marina Del Rey, CA

#19 Sep 24, 2008
I just read on LA Times' site that the driver was under the influence.
joeblue

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Sep 24, 2008
What another hit and run by a drunk white person deport that loser to jail!.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North-Hollywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Fox Moving & Storage, LLC (Sep '15) 32 min ClaraaJMack 48
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 3 hr serfs up 1,456
General Question on Finding my grandparents att... 4 hr Richard 3
News First ocean sample tests clean after Los Angele... 4 hr Jenger 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr JackArmStrong 20,383
City of Buford, Wyo., population 1 10 hr Grace 1
Need conservatorship los angeles Help 14 hr Richard 2

North-Hollywood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North-Hollywood Mortgages