Hold Off On Costly Services If Car's ...

Hold Off On Costly Services If Car's Running Well

There are 1 comment on the The Hartford Courant story from Feb 27, 2009, titled Hold Off On Costly Services If Car's Running Well. In it, The Hartford Courant reports that:

Q: Would you recommend a transmission flush and fuel injection service on a 2007 Corolla with manual transmission and 30,000 miles? The car has gotten regular oil changes and been completely trouble-free. D.L., ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Hartford Courant.

Louis Lube

Granby, CT

#1 Mar 2, 2009
I would drain the transmission fluid and dump it in the sewer at night. In the morning fill the trans with canola oil (not soybean).

As far as the fuel injection issue, I'd fill your tank with pure alcohol and rev the car to about 4000 rpm for 15 minutes. That should solve all your problems.

If you think these ideas are stupid, then just go ahead and read your car manual. See if I care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Granby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Camp Manitook (May '10) Jul 9 John H 23
News Towers Expected To Help Fill Cellphone Gaps (Jul '06) Jun '16 bill 3
News 2 Left Feet Blues Festival At Powder Ridge (Oct '15) Oct '15 bill 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Granby, CT (Oct '11) Jul '15 Jake-O- Al 6
Granby Town Manager B. S. (Apr '14) Apr '14 Rich 1
News Former Granby Police Captain David Bourque Expe... (Jul '11) Mar '14 Dead Pig 5
Hoover ball plant (Mar '14) Mar '14 Ryan 1

North Granby Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Granby Mortgages